Airman

Chevron Into the Badlands? Discussion - Spoilers.

AMC show - difficult to describe, anyone see it? It's like a post apocalypse, US civil war series then at times its like a martial arts movie with the feel of steampunk. After what I assume a global war or nuclear disaster , this new civilisation grows, a feudal society has emerged centuries into the future in a world called 'the Badlands' Tech and Guns are possible banned under new religious law? A new samurai kung fu fantasy landscape exists, a “Mad Max”-style future

Default Re: Into the Badlands? Discussion - Spoilers.

I enjoyed it. I have a feeling it won't get a second season, which is disappointing, but I thought it was really well put together.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Major

The wife and I enjoyed it. Good silly fun. I also have a feeling it won't get another season - but I'm surprised it didn't get a lot of viewership based on the usual AMC crowd.

I really enjoyed it, it was entertaining and fun to watch. I really hope it gets another season, even though I also get the feeling that it probably won't (just because it hasn't been renewed yet). It did pretty well ratings wise, I think (it's AMC's third highest rated show), but it looks expensive. AMC has renewed shows with way worse ratings (Halt and Catch Fire didn't even average a .2 in 18-49), so I don't know.

Here is where I looked for the ratings info.
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/am...ratings-33643/

Airman

'Into The Badlands' Canceled Or Renewed? Finale Ratings Bode Well For Season 2 http://www.ibtimes.com/badlands-canc...ason-2-2243111

Airman

I wonder if this show is an alt-timeline or different history, you know like when Kirk from Trek went back in time or how a Stargate flare put SG-1 back in time years to 1969? Into the Badlands does not have any modern electronics, or maybe nukes and EMPS ruined all computer chip technology? Maybe the Apoclaypse happened in Kennedy or Nixon's time? All the tech or mechanics you see around seem to be no older than 1960s or 70s

YAY, it's been renewed for a second season. That took long enough, despite its good numbers, I was really thinking it was getting canceled with how much time it took to announce a renewal.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/into-the...mc-1201716542/
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; March 8th, 2016 at 02:35 PM.

Awesome! I'm so pleased to have been wrong!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Major

heh cool

Chief Master Sergeant KennClique's Avatar

I'm happy it has been renewed for a second season! I really like this show...from the ruthless barons and the old southern overtones to the dynamic martial art sequences. It was a nice surprise to see MMA fighter Cung Le in action. I would like to see him in a recurring role.

Chief Master Sergeant

This show needs support. The long year wait in the middle season is over and season 3 episode 9 was awesome.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Quote Originally Posted by lopo30 View Post
    This show needs support. The long year wait in the middle season is over and season 3 episode 9 was awesome.
    This show is great on all aspects. I was a bit reticent at first since I never very much enjoyed ''kung-fu style'' movies (aka people flying all over the place and doing these ridiculous flips). But this show so far has done it very well.

++
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

You know, I totally forgot about this show until the ads for "the final episodes" started running during The Walking Dead this year. Perhaps it's just my viewing habits, but it feels like AMC didn't do a particularly good job of marketing this show/keeping it in the viewer consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    You know, I totally forgot about this show until the ads for "the final episodes" started running during The Walking Dead this year. Perhaps it's just my viewing habits, but it feels like AMC didn't do a particularly good job of marketing this show/keeping it in the viewer consciousness.
    They actually have been advertising the return of ITB for a solid month now.

Although ITB was pretty much in the shadow of TWD and FTWD since it ran simultaneously, not to mention Talking Dead that has immense ratings. I think it might've helped the show in some ways since I assume many viewers stayed tuned after TWD to see what this show was about.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    They actually have been advertising the return of ITB for a solid month now.
    Like I said: "during The Walking Dead this year"

Chief Master Sergeant

They canceled cause they had no good ratings while they didnt market the show pretty much at all.
    But there is still hope some streaming service will pick it up.

There is 40 fighting scenes in last season as in 16 episodes. Thats tbh insane. 2-3 fights in one episode.

I dont watch TWD i just dont understand the point of zombies and by the comments i have read from all over the place is that a lot of people talk about that it's only a drama after drama and no action. Mid season break and end season have some action in it and then it's back to walk and drama.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

It is, in fact, entirely possible to talk about enjoying one show without slagging off another show.

Shocking, I know.

Only have one thing to say about last night's episode...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoiler: