SG1-Heliopolis.com website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1-Heliopolis.com website

When I went to Heliopolis it said that the site is shutting down on feb 9th. But it also said something about having a new home. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

I can't even get on anymore.
    sigpic

Comment

Neither can I , unfortunately. Think it's been taken down permanently.
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Does anyone have contact info for the administrator? I think it was Lyssa?

Comment

I think Heliopolis is gone. Every so often I try checking it and it still will not come up. Last time I tried, it routed me to a domain name search. It's sad that all those great stories are gone. ????

Comment

This is the biggest argument I know for downloading the fics you like to your own machine.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I did a domain search on Heliopolis and found the email for the person that owns it / is in charge of it. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and there has been no answer. According to the search the domain expires June 2016. If they reply I'll let ya'll know.

Comment

I got in contact with Lyssa the administrator of Heliopolis. She is working to get the site back up but it may take some time. So keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltlcat0 View Post
                  I got in contact with Lyssa the administrator of Heliopolis. She is working to get the site back up but it may take some time. So keep your fingers crossed.

That's good news. I hope she gets it working soon. Thanks for contacting her.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's good to hear that this archive might be available again one day. The archivist might also want to look at whether to move over to AO3. I know a number of archives that have done that, after the initial move it's cheaper and a lot less work for the archivist. Usually the collections are set up so that only registered users of AO3 can view.

Comment

Originally posted by raeble View Post
                      Usually the collections are set up so that only registered users of AO3 can view.
                      And what's the point of that?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Control traffic, probably, so that the site doesn't get overwhelmed.

And, of course, to increase membership.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

From what I recall in one of the fandoms it was down to a permissions things. They hadn't been able to get in touch with all of the authors despite a fandom wide publicity drive. So they thought it best to move to AO3 and allow only registered users to see the stories. They didn't have a choice about moving, just where to move to.

Comment

Working...
                          X