No announcement yet.

Do I want to watch this show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 minutes in... Interesting enough so far... Some obvious foreshadowing going on... Nice seeing Grant again... (Is he trying not to sound Aussie?)

Was interested to see that this series was created by the same guy who created Farscape (and SeaQuest...?).

Also interesting to note the MMORPG... I wonder if there was some kind of deal - make at least X seasons so the game can get established...???
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Nice seeing Grant again... (Is he trying not to sound Aussie?)
      I didn't know he was Aussie so I didn't hear anything, and then I realized I knew him.

Was interested to see that this series was created by the same guy who created Farscape (and SeaQuest...?).
      Indeed. Rockne S. O'Bannon
      I watched SeaQuest as kid and never made the connection until I recently did a rewatch of the show.

Also interesting to note the MMORPG... I wonder if there was some kind of deal - make at least X seasons so the game can get established...???
      At the very beginning you could score content for the game, I think by watching the series, or something. Can't quite remember.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Strictly speaking, 6 episodes is actually closer to 1/4 season; the traditional season being 22-26 episodes. The networks have redefined a season to 13 episodes, and people have gone along with it.
        Doesn't matter what you perceive as a proper length. Seasons are defined by being in production not how many episodes are made
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Why did it get cancelled? Were viewing figures bad?
          sigpic

Comment

Not bad but not great. It was also expensive
            Jelgate is right

Comment

An expensive syfy show... Who'd've thunk..?
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              and lots more!

Comment

Too expensive to justify keeping it on air if they don't have great viewing figures.
                sigpic

Comment

Every show fights that balance.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, pilot done, dusted. Overall, I'm still in for some more.

Yes indeed, some Sfx were a bit... Poorly realized... But not too glaring to distract. Bit of a Deadwood feel to it, which isn't a bad thing.
                    and lots more!

Comment

If you keep watching, I'd say you may like the later seasons even more.

This was definitely never a 'perfect' show, not sure I'd call it great either, but it definitely has good moments and can be a lot of fun in the Farscape way. (Vfx were always jarring, for one, maybe except the finale.)

Comment

Working...
                      X