Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I want to watch this show?

G'day,

Nothing on the tv event horizon for a while now WHO's done til Xmas/August-ish2016, and Walking Dead's down til Easter...

I just noticed Grant Bowler on an ad for Defiance... (used to be in a long running Aussie cop show) Watched the original trailer... Looks interesting...

What am I getting into? 6 eps a season - so, 18 eps to date? On the verge of cancellation or still getting enough ratings?

Cheers,

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Defiance has 4 seasons and has an ending as it was not renewed (not really cancelled).

I thought it was great and really liked watching every week. It has great characters and a gritty feel to it. The first few episodes are a bit wonky as far as special effects go - they're still trying to keep the game-feel but it grew into its own.

Grant Bowler does a marvelous job. And Steph Leonidas is unrecognizable when out of make-up. Plus Jamie Murray, Julie Benz, Tony Curran, Jesse Rath, Trenna Keating (Doc Yewill is hilarious).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Who is the actor who plays the dude... that's... white hair... old... striped suite... kinda makes me think of James Cromwell... or Brent Spiner...?!!?

Left-most character on the splash screen here:

http://www.syfy.com.au/shows/defiance

Anyways - think I'll give it a go - at least I know ahead of time that it's ended, and what I'm getting myself into. Thanks
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      and lots more!

Comment

That would be Tony Curran.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That would be Tony Curran.
          *blinking and squinting*

Omg... Yes it is. I saw "Vincent" was in it... didn't pick him at all!
          and lots more!

Comment

Yup, he was Vincent. Though as Datak Tar he's all white, none of his red hair is visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Defiance has 4 seasons and has an ending as it was not renewed (not really cancelled).

I thought it was great and really liked watching every week. It has great characters and a gritty feel to it. The first few episodes are a bit wonky as far as special effects go - they're still trying to keep the game-feel but it grew into its own.

Grant Bowler does a marvelous job. And Steph Leonidas is unrecognizable when out of make-up. Plus Jamie Murray, Julie Benz, Tony Curran, Jesse Rath, Trenna Keating (Doc Yewill is hilarious).
              It had 3 seasons FH and it most definitely was cancelled
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

3 seasons, 13 eps each, cancelled but has quite a good ending, Doc Yewll is one of the best TV characters ever, so that's one more reason to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  It had 3 seasons FH and it most definitely was cancelled
                  Okay, three then... wait, Continuum has 4.

Comment

Continuum had 3 1/2 seasons. It was dumped after 3, but they decided to give 'em 6 episodes to wrap things up. So S4 is 1/2 a season.

S 1 - 3 available on BD, and S4 will be release 1/19 or something like that. I've already got 1-3, and have preordered 4. That was one of the best shows I've seen since Galactica.

Comment

Their is no such thing as a half season. Seasons are defined by the amount of seasons
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Their is no such thing as a half season. Seasons are defined by the amount of seasons
                        Tell that to Syfy with how they treated Eureka and BSG...
                        sigpic

Comment

Of course you should watch it. It's got 8 alien races, a bunch of terraformed animals and plants, awesome characters, cool technology, four alien languages (both written and spoken) and an IMMENSE backstory.

Get into it!

Comment

Strictly speaking, 6 episodes is actually closer to 1/4 season; the traditional season being 22-26 episodes. The networks have redefined a season to 13 episodes, and people have gone along with it.

Comment

I don't mind seasons of 13 episodes - means they can't stray too far from the path and fillers are less likely to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X