• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hostile Takeover (108)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    HOSTILE TAKEOVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    Kara takes on her aunt when Astra calls her out, prompting Kara to remember Astra's final conflict with her mother before Krypton was destroyed. Meanwhile Cat rallies the troops after a data breach threatens to expose her secrets to the world.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 December 2015, 11:24 PM.

I'm liking this show very much, probably due to Calista Flockhart's Cat Grant!!! It took her all of a couple of months, after naming Kara Supergirl, to figure out that Kara is SuperGirl!!! How come no one at the Daily Planet has figured out that Clack Kent is Superman???

Comment

Well, SG seems to tell everyone but the kitchen sink her secret identity. SM pays much more attention to hiding it.

Comment

I only was able to watch the first half of the ep before my connection went down last night (service work by the cable provider).. So when was it that Cat figured out the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          I only was able to watch the first half of the ep before my connection went down last night (service work by the cable provider).. So when was it that Cat figured out the connection?
          She told Kara that she figured it out in the second to last scene, going over clues from the whole series.

Comment

Now...the thing is...what will Cat do with her new found discovery? And I agree with the post about Superman...how could the others not figure it out.

Additionally...glasses don't alter a person's appearance THAT much.
            Last edited by LtColCarter; 16 December 2015, 09:09 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Now...the thing is...what will Cat do with her new found discovery? And I agree with the post about Superman...how could the others not figure it out.
              Well, considering that Hank is a shapeshifter, Cat may be able to be convinced that her theory is incorrect. Kara never confirmed Cat's theory.

Of course, that would involve Kara finding out about Hank.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                Well, considering that Hank is a shapeshifter, Cat may be able to be convinced that her theory is incorrect. Kara never confirmed Cat's theory.

Of course, that would involve Kara finding out about Hank.
                Kara's "OMFG" facial expression spoke volumes.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm enjoying this show, I think this ep was probably the best so far.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                    She told Kara that she figured it out in the second to last scene, going over clues from the whole series.
                    Yea, i finally managed to catch the rest of it last night.. Though i hated that they kind of left us on a cliff hanger with that fight..

True, but neither does a little mask over the eyes.. And that has been a staple in movies/shows for donkies years.

Comment

As much as Kara is worried about Cat knowing the secret I think it's pretty clear that Cat can be trusted with it. Or at the very least she'll sit on it. After all, having the mystery surrounding supergirl's identity makes for better press than revealing it.

Also... That scene with SG and the hologram of her mother... Wow.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Cat will sit on Supergirl's identity for now and will serve as a nominal ally for a while, I'd guess. She will give unsolicited advice and will want to know much, much more.

I enjoy Cat Grant thus far -- much more now that we've seen moments of kindness and vulnerability -- but Cat will eventually be a problem for Kara. Any CEO of significance is accustomed to controlling people. Cat now has a powerful lever for control. Even if Cat continues to like Kara, Cat will be unable to resist using that lever, sometimes in small ways and eventually in a large way. Expect a day to arrive when Cat explicitly extorts Kara by threatening to reveal her secret identity. The script writers will be unable to resist a confrontation.

I'm eager to witness how the writers develop the relationship between Cat and Kara.

Comment

Not by much, no.

Kara's "OMFG" facial expression spoke volumes.
                          LOL!! Yup, definitely along the lines of "Oh shoot, I'm so gonna get an earful from Hank and Alex again."

Yea, i finally managed to catch the rest of it last night.. Though i hated that they kind of left us on a cliff hanger with that fight..
                          THAT EPIC, EPIC, EPIC, EPIC, .... epic, epic, epic music though...

True, but neither does a little mask over the eyes.. And that has been a staple in movies/shows for donkies years.
                          Mask covers more of the face than glasses do though.

And then there's that whole "How the brain recognizes faces" thing -- whole studies are done in that area if you're interested.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Also... That scene with SG and the hologram of her mother... Wow.
                          One of my favorite scenes -- shatters my heart entirely.

Cat Grant got hacked.
                          And some of her emails are ... interesting.
                          So it's up to Kara to see what information is potentially going to get leaked to the outside world that could ultimately damage Cat and/or CatCo.

The cute little hobbit who has more cardigans than Kara can help, and James as well.

So, there's that part of the story which is all about family. Cat and her estranged son, Kara and her evil aunt, the reveal that Alura wasn't as "good" as she wants her daughter to believe (that scene with the AI -- ).

We have more flashbacks - love those.

There's Kara kicking Alex's butt for a change. Then kicking Astra(s, although the latter planned on loosing -- spectacularly as Alex puts it -- cause the Kryptonians are up to something, which leads us into that epic battle. The scoring there is brilliant. Well done, Blake Neely!

Nan is insane -- just saying.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                          X