Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate 1994: What happened to The Children of Ra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate 1994: What happened to The Children of Ra?

[image]http://media.theiapolis.com/d4/hL6/i1O3O/k4/l1OHX/wXC/jaye-davidson-as-ra-in-stargate-1994.jpg[/image]

I always wondered what happened to the children/young adults that served Ra in the movie. I think people completely forgot about them, and some automatically assumed they escaped. But after watching closely to end scenes of the film, I noticed they were still on board the ship as Ra began leave orbit.

Any thoughts?

[image]http://s22.postimg.org/nl864mor3/children_of_ra.gif[/image]

They died with him when the ship blew up. Even if they could have escaped they probably wouldn't have as they served Ra with complete obedience and wouldn't think of leaving him. This devotion was demonstrated when the children moved to surround Ra to protect him when O'Neil grabbed the staff weapon from one guard in an effort to shoot him.

Comment

In one of the drafts of the screenplay which you can find on the internet, they actually abandoned Ra and escaped using the rings. In the movie, Ra is eventually all by himself when Daniel rings aboard to revive Sha'uri/Sha're, so it is a possible theory.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
        In one of the drafts of the screenplay which you can find on the internet, they actually abandoned Ra and escaped using the rings. In the movie, Ra is eventually all by himself when Daniel rings aboard to revive Sha'uri/Sha're, so it is a possible theory.
        That's pretty likely. But after watching 3:12 of the scene. You can see that they are still on the ship. Looks like they indeed die when the ship exploded.

In either case, I feel sorry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          They died with him when the ship blew up. Even if they could have escaped they probably wouldn't have as they served Ra with complete obedience and wouldn't think of leaving him. This devotion was demonstrated when the children moved to surround Ra to protect him when O'Neil grabbed the staff weapon from one guard in an effort to shoot him.
          Looks that way, thanks for your input. I was hoping that some of them managed to get away and that would make the stories about them wanting revenge become a interesting story, but oh well.

Comment

they died, and i dont think Jack and Daniel were too concerned about them considering Ra wanted to destroy Abados from orbit then go to earth and destroy earth also (few hundred vs billions, and their own lives to boot)

Comment

Working...
            X