• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human for a Day (107)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    HUMAN FOR A DAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107
    An earthquake puts National City in grave peril just at a time when Supergirl has temporary lost her powers, forcing Kara to confront what being a hero really means. When the D.E.O. goes on lockdown, Alex is caught between an escaped alien prisoner and her mistrust of Director Henshaw.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 March 2016, 10:28 PM.

Well that's a twist I didn't see coming. Jonn Jones, pretty cool.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Well that's a twist I didn't see coming. Jonn Jones, pretty cool.
      There were quite a few people with that theory. I'm still a bit iffy on the makeup/costume. But I like the way they did it as it doesn't rule out seeing the real Henshaw as a cyborg later on.

Comment

One advantage of not being deep in the fandom, surprises

I don't have any issues with the makeup largely because we only got a glimpse and also the full fledged martian manhunter get up could be quite extreme if my comic memories are right.

Gotta find that balance of being true and what looks good or is workable.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow!
          Spoiler:
          J'onn J'onzz the Martian Manhunter!
          And all the time I thought the red glowy eyed dude was gonna be a bad dude!

Interesting episode. It is obvious that Kara as the hots from James...and Winn has that hots for her!
          sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep.. Compared to last week, this was well done.. I liked Cara being weak and catching that cold quickly. I also liked the big reveal.
            But who do you think he was on about when he said "Only one other person knows the truth"/...

Comment

Loved the episode. A fun reveal for Henshaw that leaves some of us scratching our heads. Henshaw's appearance and behavior suggested that he was J'onn J'onzz, but the name, Hank Henshaw, belongs to a different character in the DC Comics universe. "Henshaw's" story means that we might eventually encounter the previous owner of the name.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I liked this ep.. Compared to last week, this was well done.. I liked Cara being weak and catching that cold quickly. I also liked the big reveal.
                But who do you think he was on about when he said "Only one other person knows the truth"/...
                I wonder who this special "other person" is?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                  Loved the episode. A fun reveal for Henshaw that leaves some of us scratching our heads. Henshaw's appearance and behavior suggested that he was J'onn J'onzz, but the name, Hank Henshaw, belongs to a different character in the DC Comics universe. "Henshaw's" story means that we might eventually encounter the previous owner of the name.
                  Clever of them to misdirect fans like that as well. If it wasn't for the name all the fans would have called it as Manhunter, but because he was named Henshaw anyone who knows about him was thrown off... very clever... Still as you say, it leaves room for a mutilated and very angry Henshaw to return.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

well I don't know about this whole needing adrenaline thing, it just didn't fit for me, just waiting for the sun to do its work seemed to have ben a better way, maybe see her powers come back slowly, that sort of thing. if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.

Comment

what I am wondering is if we are going to see Amanda waller and Cadmus, or some other program like that.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                        if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.
                        Why would she have had adrenalin in her system from that part?

Comment

what I am wondering is if we are going to see Amanda waller and Cadmus, or some other program like that.
                          Probably not since Waller is going to be in the Suicide Squad movie. They pulled a pretty significant character from Arrow to avoid confusion (not that anyone would confuse the guy on Arrow with Will Smith. We've seen Waller on Arrow once since then, but it was to set up the flashbacks arc for the season.

Comment

well I don't know about this whole needing adrenaline thing, it just didn't fit for me, just waiting for the sun to do its work seemed to have ben a better way, maybe see her powers come back slowly, that sort of thing. if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.
                            Didn't Winn say it had to be a "super jolt of adrenaline" or something like that? If so, then maybe the random dude on the street wasn't enough to cause a "super jolt."
                            sigpic

Comment

Dunno.
                              Supergirl has is the type of person who cares about people a great deal, regardless of whether she knows them, if she wasn't, she wouldn't have decided to "come out" to save that airliner is ep. 1.
                              So there was probably a fair bit of adrenaline... maybe it was simply that enough time had not passed yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X