Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,170

    Post Human for a Day (107)

    Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    HUMAN FOR A DAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107
    An earthquake puts National City in grave peril just at a time when Supergirl has temporary lost her powers, forcing Kara to confront what being a hero really means. When the D.E.O. goes on lockdown, Alex is caught between an escaped alien prisoner and her mistrust of Director Henshaw.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; March 30th, 2016 at 11:28 PM.

  2. #2
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Well that's a twist I didn't see coming. Jonn Jones, pretty cool.

  3. #3
    First Lieutenant Starsaber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    Well that's a twist I didn't see coming. Jonn Jones, pretty cool.
    There were quite a few people with that theory. I'm still a bit iffy on the makeup/costume. But I like the way they did it as it doesn't rule out seeing the real Henshaw as a cyborg later on.

  4. #4
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    One advantage of not being deep in the fandom, surprises

    I don't have any issues with the makeup largely because we only got a glimpse and also the full fledged martian manhunter get up could be quite extreme if my comic memories are right.

    Gotta find that balance of being true and what looks good or is workable.

  5. #5
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,190

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Wow!
    Spoiler:
    J'onn J'onzz the Martian Manhunter!
    And all the time I thought the red glowy eyed dude was gonna be a bad dude!

    Interesting episode. It is obvious that Kara as the hots from James...and Winn has that hots for her!

  6. #6
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    I liked this ep.. Compared to last week, this was well done.. I liked Cara being weak and catching that cold quickly. I also liked the big reveal.
    But who do you think he was on about when he said "Only one other person knows the truth"/...

  7. #7
    Captain Brother Freyr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Loved the episode. A fun reveal for Henshaw that leaves some of us scratching our heads. Henshaw's appearance and behavior suggested that he was J'onn J'onzz, but the name, Hank Henshaw, belongs to a different character in the DC Comics universe. "Henshaw's" story means that we might eventually encounter the previous owner of the name.

  8. #8
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,190

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I liked this ep.. Compared to last week, this was well done.. I liked Cara being weak and catching that cold quickly. I also liked the big reveal.
    But who do you think he was on about when he said "Only one other person knows the truth"/...
    I wonder who this special "other person" is?

  9. #9
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,330

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Freyr View Post
    Loved the episode. A fun reveal for Henshaw that leaves some of us scratching our heads. Henshaw's appearance and behavior suggested that he was J'onn J'onzz, but the name, Hank Henshaw, belongs to a different character in the DC Comics universe. "Henshaw's" story means that we might eventually encounter the previous owner of the name.
    Clever of them to misdirect fans like that as well. If it wasn't for the name all the fans would have called it as Manhunter, but because he was named Henshaw anyone who knows about him was thrown off... very clever... Still as you say, it leaves room for a mutilated and very angry Henshaw to return.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  10. #10
    First Lieutenant epg20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    well I don't know about this whole needing adrenaline thing, it just didn't fit for me, just waiting for the sun to do its work seemed to have ben a better way, maybe see her powers come back slowly, that sort of thing. if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.

  11. #11
    First Lieutenant epg20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    what I am wondering is if we are going to see Amanda waller and Cadmus, or some other program like that.

  12. #12
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.
    Why would she have had adrenalin in her system from that part?

  13. #13
    First Lieutenant Starsaber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    what I am wondering is if we are going to see Amanda waller and Cadmus, or some other program like that.
    Probably not since Waller is going to be in the Suicide Squad movie. They pulled a pretty significant character from Arrow to avoid confusion (not that anyone would confuse the guy on Arrow with Will Smith. We've seen Waller on Arrow once since then, but it was to set up the flashbacks arc for the season.

  14. #14
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,190

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    well I don't know about this whole needing adrenaline thing, it just didn't fit for me, just waiting for the sun to do its work seemed to have ben a better way, maybe see her powers come back slowly, that sort of thing. if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.
    Didn't Winn say it had to be a "super jolt of adrenaline" or something like that? If so, then maybe the random dude on the street wasn't enough to cause a "super jolt."

  15. #15
    Major
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,985

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Dunno.
    Supergirl has is the type of person who cares about people a great deal, regardless of whether she knows them, if she wasn't, she wouldn't have decided to "come out" to save that airliner is ep. 1.
    So there was probably a fair bit of adrenaline... maybe it was simply that enough time had not passed yet?

  16. #16
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,330

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Dunno.
    Supergirl has is the type of person who cares about people a great deal, regardless of whether she knows them, if she wasn't, she wouldn't have decided to "come out" to save that airliner is ep. 1.
    So there was probably a fair bit of adrenaline... maybe it was simply that enough time had not passed yet?
    Remember her sister was on that plane though.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant epg20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Why would she have had adrenalin in her system from that part?
    the pain from not being able to help him, the fear that so many people are going to die because she lost her powers, the helplessness that there was nothing she could do but feel helpless, all that built up and the stress and frustration would have had her system flooded with adrenalin.

  18. #18
    First Lieutenant epg20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Didn't Winn say it had to be a "super jolt of adrenaline" or something like that? If so, then maybe the random dude on the street wasn't enough to cause a "super jolt."
    I suppose that could be it, I just found it to be a weakness, supergirl is supposed to be as strong as superman, but from what I have seen in this show, she isn't even a close second.

  19. #19
    Major
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,985

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    I suppose that could be it, I just found it to be a weakness, supergirl is supposed to be as strong as superman, but from what I have seen in this show, she isn't even a close second.
    Agree with you there. I suspect the reason is that SM spent years in isolation in the FOS learning from the data crystals his father sent to Earth with him.

  20. #20
    Captain Brother Freyr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: Human for a Day (107)

    Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    I suppose that could be it, I just found it to be a weakness, supergirl is supposed to be as strong as superman, but from what I have seen in this show, she isn't even a close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Agree with you there. I suspect the reason is that SM spent years in isolation in the FOS learning from the data crystals his father sent to Earth with him.
    that's a clever way to reconcile with the canon

    Still, I dislike the double standard. TPTB thought it would be cute if Supergirl's powers remained gone until her feelings for James restored them. Ick. Just, gag. Superman needs some sun. Supergirl needs sun and a love interest. Oh, I have no objection to love, affection, or any other emotion being a motivator. I object to Supergirl being written as less powerful than Superman without there being a good (logical) reason. Not as physically strong because Superman is larger with more Kryptonian muscle? Fine. Not as adept at fighting because Superman has had years of training? Makes sense. Not as able to recover from drained power because ... because ... because Superman doesn't require an emotional shock, but Supergirl does? No. Just no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Being Human
    By rkgardner2003 in forum General Television
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 30th, 2013, 04:29 AM
  2. A Better Human Being (413)
    By GateWorld in forum Season Four Episodes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
  3. Becoming Human (BBC Being Human Web-Series Spin off )
    By knowles2 in forum Sci-Fi & Fantasy Television
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: March 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
  4. First Human Goa'uld
    By Azreth in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 4th, 2008, 09:19 AM
  5. When is a Jaffa a Jaffa and a human a human?
    By Lord Shiva in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: May 30th, 2006, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •