Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Dunno.
    Supergirl has is the type of person who cares about people a great deal, regardless of whether she knows them, if she wasn't, she wouldn't have decided to "come out" to save that airliner is ep. 1.
    So there was probably a fair bit of adrenaline... maybe it was simply that enough time had not passed yet?
    Remember her sister was on that plane though.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Why would she have had adrenalin in her system from that part?
      the pain from not being able to help him, the fear that so many people are going to die because she lost her powers, the helplessness that there was nothing she could do but feel helpless, all that built up and the stress and frustration would have had her system flooded with adrenalin.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Didn't Winn say it had to be a "super jolt of adrenaline" or something like that? If so, then maybe the random dude on the street wasn't enough to cause a "super jolt."
        I suppose that could be it, I just found it to be a weakness, supergirl is supposed to be as strong as superman, but from what I have seen in this show, she isn't even a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
          I suppose that could be it, I just found it to be a weakness, supergirl is supposed to be as strong as superman, but from what I have seen in this show, she isn't even a close second.
          Agree with you there. I suspect the reason is that SM spent years in isolation in the FOS learning from the data crystals his father sent to Earth with him.

Comment

Agree with you there. I suspect the reason is that SM spent years in isolation in the FOS learning from the data crystals his father sent to Earth with him.
            that's a clever way to reconcile with the canon

Still, I dislike the double standard. TPTB thought it would be cute if Supergirl's powers remained gone until her feelings for James restored them. Ick. Just, gag. Superman needs some sun. Supergirl needs sun and a love interest. Oh, I have no objection to love, affection, or any other emotion being a motivator. I object to Supergirl being written as less powerful than Superman without there being a good (logical) reason. Not as physically strong because Superman is larger with more Kryptonian muscle? Fine. Not as adept at fighting because Superman has had years of training? Makes sense. Not as able to recover from drained power because ... because ... because Superman doesn't require an emotional shock, but Supergirl does? No. Just no.

Comment

Or the fact that he grew up under the yellow sun (and has been there more than twice as long) makes him more attuned to it, or the fact that she wasn't using her powers until the last couple months in universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                Or the fact that he grew up under the yellow sun (and has been there more than twice as long) makes him more attuned to it, or the fact that she wasn't using her powers until the last couple months in universe.
                Those two might be more reasoning than "its just she has female emotional attachment issues'..

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                  She had been using her powers. She just wasn't flying around, at least.

Winn made a comment in episode 2 I think that her super hearing had always allowed her to know just when Cat grant is coming up the elevator.

Or it could have been in episode 1 and he was like "how do you always do that?" I cannot recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    One advantage of not being deep in the fandom, surprises
                    Indeed -- I'm wholy unfamiliar with the whole Supergirl thing so everything is new and shiny, and unspoiled until it's revealed. And I LOVE it that way.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    But who do you think he was on about when he said "Only one other person knows the truth"/...
                    For me, the one other person was automatically Superman.
                    I don't know if that's right, but it does make the most sense for me.

if it was the adrenaline that restored her powers, then shouldn't they have come back when she couldn't save that guy on the street.
                    Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                    ... because Superman doesn't require an emotional shock, but Supergirl does? No. Just no.
                    Because we have stronger (emotional) reactions to people who we care about, than random people in the street. I suspect, that's why her strength didn't return in full force until James fell down the shaft. She's friends with him. He knew her secret before she revealed it to him. She has "kapow-love" feelings for him. She cares about him and his well-being.

There was no connection as such with the random guy. She helps people but doesn't forge bonds with all of them.

Supergirl has is the type of person who cares about people a great deal, regardless of whether she knows them, if she wasn't, she wouldn't have decided to "come out" to save that airliner is ep. 1.
                    She doesn't react to the news of the airplane until she hears it's the plane to Geneva, which so happens to be the same plane her sister is on. Her primary motivation, I suspect, to throw caution in the wind and expose herself there and then, is the fact her big sister, whom she seems to love a great deal, is on board that plane.

Human For A Day

My first reaction when we realize Kara has lost her powers: "Give her a cold!"

They gave her a cold (darn, that sniffiling 10-year old on the bus) and a broken arm.
                    Now she at least has an inkling about what it's like to be a normal human being. Alex was enjoying that a little too much.

Before all hell breaks loose -- yup, perfect day for a day-off -- Kara gets poked and prodded at the DEO. I hope, they learned enough (until the next time she looses her strength).

So, when all hell does break loose, Kara's benched and she finds it hard to not being able to help as Supergirl, so when she walks into that store where the hold-up is taking place, she shows that it doesn't always requires brute force to solve a possibly deadly situation. Although, let's call it what it was -- sheer good luck!
                    And Jimmy gets another great shot to shoot.

I wonder if Max Lord ever does anything without any ulterior motives. Probably not.

In the meantime, a mindcontrolling alien has made use of the momentary loss of power to escape his aquarium and wreak havoc on the DEO base, which is therefore on lockdown. Since Alex doesn't trust Henk any longer, she's hellbend on joining him in finding Gem (?). And he's like, oh no you don't, you're staying put. Gem gets the better of the two red shirts and Henshaw disappears, only to reappear telling them the inhibitors are broke so he goes off alone again. No way josé!
                    Alex convinces Donovan to follow her out of the safe room, and into danger. Donovan goes down, and Henshaw finds Alex, drags her into a control room where she orders him to chain himself to the wall. And then proceeds to take on Gem on her own.

Kick-ass action ensues, but he bests her and then Henshaw swoops in and ... HOLY HANNAH!! Who is this guy?!?

At which point, he reveals himself to Alex and tells her about her father. And then there's a green martian standing there. .... and I'm like: WOW!! Cool!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                    X