Why didnt Ashildr work for UNIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didnt Ashildr work for UNIT?

If she wanted to go exploring, I think the Doctor should have encouraged her to join UNIT, I think she will be very useful there.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

...because you don't tell people too much about the future, and the last time he saw her was 320-odd years before UNIT was formed?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Torchwood maybe... at least that was what - 100 years earlier?

Mind you, they'd probably have locked her up...
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        ...because you don't tell people too much about the future, and the last time he saw her was 320-odd years before UNIT was formed?
        Really? I am not sure if that is true seeing as how in the first ep of this season He pretty much dropped a literal 20 ton Modern Tank in medieval times and showed them rock and roll and electric guitars and other very anachronistic things. Time and Continuity don't seem to high on the Doc's list of priorities any more.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          Really? I am not sure if that is true seeing as how in the first ep of this season He pretty much dropped a literal 20 ton Modern Tank in medieval times and showed them rock and roll and electric guitars and other very anachronistic things. Time and Continuity don't seem to high on the Doc's list of priorities any more.
          There is a difference between just showing up with a strange machine and playing odd music during medieval times and outright telling a highly intelligent immortal what the future holds.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ah I forgot about Torchwood .. Jack would have looked after her well I think.
            "You don't know half of it".
            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

The mind boggles...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Maybe she did. We know she survived until the 21st century, as she's seen in the background when the Doctor picks up Clara.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Maybe she did. We know she survived until the 21st century, as she's seen in the background when the Doctor picks up Clara.
                  Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                  If she wanted to go exploring, I think the Doctor should have encouraged her to join UNIT, I think she will be very useful there.
                  I'm kind of under the impression that she created U.N.I.T or gave someone the idea to create it

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    There is a difference between just showing up with a strange machine and playing odd music during medieval times and outright telling a highly intelligent immortal what the future holds.
                    I doubt it. He did it all the time in his 8th Regeneration.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X