• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bear King (509)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FIVE
    THE BEAR KING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 509
    Zelena and Arthur journey to DunBroch on a mission to retrieve an enchanted relic that will provide the advantage they need to vanquish Emma and our heroes. Their path will cross with Merida's, who is on a journey of her own to pay a debt that her father, King Fergus, owed to the Witch when he died. In flashbacks, Merida learns about bravery and honor as she trains for combat and rides alongside Fergus into the infamous battle that claims his life. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 November 2015, 09:51 PM.

Ugh it was a good episode just didn't like that it was in the second hour of the birth episode
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

This episode wqas such a filler. It was hardly fitting into the main story. I didn't like how easily Red could defeat Zelena...
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        This episode wqas such a filler. It was hardly fitting into the main story. I didn't like how easily Red could defeat Zelena...
        Well, they are starting to make Zelena a Gag Character. I get it since the whole joke about her is how wicked she is, but now she isnt a threat anymore and only there to make People laugh with her antiques, much like Rumples old form.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

The only thing i liked was the return of Mulan.. The rest of the ep i could have done without.

Comment

So is Ruby going to be Mulan's new love interest?

I don't even remember the last time Red appeared in the story.
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 17 November 2015, 01:06 AM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Red showing up was a nice twist. bUT imo was not enough to make this a good ep.

Comment

Was this set after the Bear and the Bow?
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

What the previews all said: Tune in for the exciting 2 hour mid-season finale of OUAT

What they should have said: Tune in for the exciting 1 hour mid-season finale of OUAT, followed immediately by an unrelated episode that will take away all anticipation for the spring return

sigpic

Comment

But I thought the mid-season finale was next week.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

It's not the mid season finale. Their is a new episode next Sunday. I think their is another one the following week
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        What the previews all said: Tune in for the exciting 2 hour mid-season finale of OUAT

What they should have said: Tune in for the exciting 1 hour mid-season finale of OUAT, followed immediately by an unrelated episode that will take away all anticipation for the spring return

I hate that too. I really wish they would make them proper 2 hr events.

Comment

Didn't care for this episode. I mean, the script was decent and all, but none of the characters were really worth following, apart from Arthur and Zelena and even they seemed to be having a holiday with this episode. You know, tired of dealing with the Charmings so they go after a random magic helmet.

Merida still doesn't fit in, Mulan was really boring and Ruby was only really interesting because she was from season 1. Also, I'm really miffed they let Frankenwolf go. They could've hooked up Mulan and Merida and have Ruby and Frankenstein get their happy ending. Didn't they have some kind of "monsters got to stick together" theme going on in season 2?
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                            But I thought the mid-season finale was next week.
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            It's not the mid season finale. Their is a new episode next Sunday. I think their is another one the following week
                            Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I hate that too. I really wish they would make them proper 2 hr events.
                            Guess I was confused, clearly this wasn't the mid-season finale...just a really odd 2 hour event that didn't flow together.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              Guess I was confused, clearly this wasn't the mid-season finale...just a really odd 2 hour event that didn't flow together.
                              I guess they did not Plan this correctly. If they had switched Episodes 9 and 10, we would have had a great 2 Hour special, but once the Bear King comes around it would have taken away all anticipation for the return anyway. So I think its better the way they did it.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                              X