Legends of Yesterday (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
    Yeah, more of the Legends setup happened on Arrow, but they have laid a decent foundation with Damien Darhk. He's my second favorite season villain (after Deathstroke), though I think the Flash writers pushed him a bit too far over the top.
    I noticed that. Made him look crazy instead of cold and calculating. I think the set up could have been limited and plot related to Damien Darhk. For example, Palmer could simply have been conviniently swaped at the point of explosion by a time traveling do gooder (thus that setup taking place in Legends). The White Canary could have been some horrendous and horrible in bad taste resurrection plot by Damien Darhk further making our heroes disgusted and angry at him and then at the end they managed to "save" her.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

From what I understand, the writers from Season 2 of Arrow (easily the best season of that show) comprise the main writers for Flash, which is probably why Season 1 of Flash was so good for a first season while the concurrent season 3 of Arrow tanked without those writers.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Good point. I didn't think of that... Hell it could be really dark and be the son with Darhk attempting to perform some form of blood magic or such.
        Could be, I didn't suggest the son because doesn't he have some big future story in the comics? (but I guess since he's so young in this, that's a Doctor Who length of time away and they could always kill this one off to move the story along).

I like Darhk, his reaction to The Flash was perfect for somebody slightly crazy but still lucid enough to be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          Could be, I didn't suggest the son because doesn't he have some big future story in the comics? (but I guess since he's so young in this, that's a Doctor Who length of time away and they could always kill this one off to move the story along).

I like Darhk, his reaction to The Flash was perfect for somebody slightly crazy but still lucid enough to be bad.
          I agree. I'd actually rather that Darhk was that manic all the time. I mean he's already an awesome villain but that amount of enthusiasm was so crazy that it was kind of infectious.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            What they did here reminds me of super racist movies from decades ago where they cast blatantly white actors as non white roles.
            Decades? That still happens....

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

I think Renee is a mix of a lot of different ethnicities/races, however it is possible to be both 100% black and a 100% hispanic at the same time . But Egyptian isn't one of them. That part didn't bother me as much though, it was momentarily distracting but that's it. It's the magic that really bothered me. Though I do agree that whitewashing is not a good thing. However, I am used to seeing this, so meh (is that bad?).

Felicity acting out of character is not nearly as bothersome as the magic. So GRRRRR magic GRRRR Hocus Pocus GRRRR I don't like that aspect of these comic book universes GRRRR.

I think this is entirely wrong. You see, changing historical people's skin color is a bit of a slap to the face. A storm trooper, well, nothing says he can't be black. A comic book character like Fire Storm...I can see how that is odd but not infuriating nor bothersome but they'll need to explain his relationship with Invisible Woman (didn't see the movie). But none of that compares with turning any positive image of non-white people into white people almost as if stating that minorities can only portray certain low level characters.

BUT I don't blame the writers of doing that and the casting people probably didn't think things through. It just bothered me at an intellectual level. Flash writers are really good at what they do and their casting people did a good job. Arrow casting too, but their writers aren't um...fully aware of how some of their characters act at times (like a certain ex-boyfriend of Felicity). I rate this as minimal... BUT not comparable to the whole black storm trooper thing, not by a long shot.
              I don't disagree with this, but just pointing out that Hawkman and Hawkgirl are still pretty damn white in the comics but with the same back story. Doesn't make it right, but at least in this case Hawkgirl wasn't at the very least.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Even for a series like this the story lines are getting ridiculous. Why doesn't Barry meet his other self when he travels back in time?

Comment

The rules about how that sort of thing works appears to be almost deliberately inconsistent.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                    Even for a series like this the story lines are getting ridiculous. Why doesn't Barry meet his other self when he travels back in time?
                    He replaced his original self when he backstepped a day in Season 1 too. There was something in Legends of Tomorrow about timeline changes taking some time to "set". Maybe when he just goes back in time a day, the timeline hasn't set yet, so he can replace himself rather than meeting himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                      He replaced his original self when he backstepped a day in Season 1 too. There was something in Legends of Tomorrow about timeline changes taking some time to "set". Maybe when he just goes back in time a day, the timeline hasn't set yet, so he can replace himself rather than meeting himself.
                      Interesting, I haven't seen LoT yet. I remember having the same question with that season 1 episode too.

Comment

Working...
                      X