Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Legends of Yesterday (408)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON FOUR
    LEGENDS OF YESTERDAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 408
    Oliver and the Flash take Kendra and her new old friend Carter Hall to a remote location to hide from the man hunting them, while Malcolm Merlyn tries to negotiate with Vandal Savage directly. When Oliver learns that he may be a father, his decision changes the course of the future.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; December 3rd, 2015 at 09:25 PM.

Default Re: Legends of Yesterday (408)

Where do the wings come from and go? Do they tear through the clothes or just disappear or are they even a real part of the body?
    <a href=http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/ target=_blank>http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/</a>

I loved this crossover episode. Just wish it could've been solved without Flash's time travel...

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeis View Post
    Where do the wings come from and go? Do they tear through the clothes or just disappear or are they even a real part of the body?
    Well the powers appear to be mystical in nature so they probably somehow keep the clothes intact cos magic.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeis View Post
    Seems they just appear and disappear as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I loved this crossover episode. Just wish it could've been solved without Flash's time travel...
    I like that he 'ghosted' again.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I like that he 'ghosted' again.
    Yes, that is a cool effect...

This was a really intense episode. There are so many characters. I mostly liked it. But there were a couple things that bothered me.

I'm sorry, but shouldn't it be offensive to cast the most Caucasian looking people you could find as Ancient Egyptian royalty? They looked ridiculous. How can that possibly be acceptable? They should have gone with the backstory of Hawkgirl and Hawkman being aliens if they were going to put those actors into scenes set in ancient Egypt.

Also, Oliver's nonsensical decision to spare Malcolm Merlyn's life last season is sure paying off, huh? He's only just doomed the world.
    Last edited by Skydiver; February 18th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    This was a really intense episode. There are so many characters. I mostly liked it. But there were a couple things that bothered me.

I'm sorry, but shouldn't it be offensive to cast the most Caucasian looking people you could find as Ancient Egyptian royalty? They looked ridiculous. How can that possibly be acceptable? They should have gone with the backstory of Hawkgirl and Hawkman being aliens if they were going to put those actors into scenes set in ancient Egypt.

Also, Oliver's nonsensical decision to spare Malcolm Merlyn's life last season is sure paying off, huh? He's only just doomed the world.

Yeah, the whole Egyptian thing was bothering me to no end. The Alien thing would have bee cooler and better as far as the cast goes. I guess that would meed that the voodoo stuff wouldn't be there and thus no Merli
    n.

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post

Yeah, the whole Egyptian thing was bothering me to no end. The Alien thing would have bee cooler and better as far as the cast goes. I guess that would meed that the voodoo stuff wouldn't be there and thus no Merli
    n.
    I wish it could have ben the whole alien thing too, that would have ben more interesting, but it could also be that whole alternate reality thing, I mean the vandal savage story wasn't magical, he became immortal because of a meteor, not because of magic and meteor, so....

well firstly, she was black, not Caucasian, so that was a twist, second, it would have taken a lot of time and money to cast those people for such a short amount of time.

well, we will see, the Lazarus pit was destroyed, so if he is planning to bring vandal back, he will need to find another way.

I actually assumed Ciara Renée was hispanic. But either way, I was mainly talking about Falk Hentschel, who played Hawkman. Out of all the people in history who look like you'd think would ever have been named Khufu, he looks like he the very last one. He's an un-Ancient Egyptian looking as you'll ever see. He and his incredibly white looking Pharaoh father, looked indefensibly out of place.

I honestly don't know what they could have been thinking with this casting choice. If they wanted to cast him, go with the alien backstory. If they wanted to make their backstory begin in Ancient Egypt, cast people who could have perhaps even vaguely passed for Ancient Egyptian royalty.

I actually kind of hope people call them out on this, because I feel like it's the type of thing hat deserve flack.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Really? That's what you guys are mad about? Not the absolutely atrocious 180 on Felicity's personality?

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about the son you just found out about an hour ago!"

...bull****.

Flash has all the good writers and it is really annoying.
    Last edited by Gen. Chris; December 3rd, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

It's kind of hard to get that mad about a scene that was only a second long and ended up being undone moments later anyway.

"Elizabeth..."

I just enjoyed the show...I wouldn't care if the actors were pink with purple polka-dots....

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    well firstly, she was black, not Caucasian, so that was a twist, second, it would have taken a lot of time and money to cast those people for such a short amount of time.

well, we will see, the Lazarus pit was destroyed, so if he is planning to bring vandal back, he will need to find another way.
    Maybe he hopes to use Vandal's ashes to revitalize the pit..?

I just enjoyed the show...I wouldn't care if the actors were pink with purple polka-dots....
    What they did here reminds me of super racist movies from decades ago where they cast blatantly white actors as non white roles.

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post

You realize that these actors are going to be used in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, right? So, they just weren't cast for this one crossover episode.

What they did here reminds me of super racist movies from decades ago where they cast blatantly white actors as non white roles.
    You sound like the people complaining because Johnny Storm was black in the lastest Fantastic Four movie...and the people complaining because there's a black storm trooper in the new Star Wars movie. Yes, the roles were traditionally portrayed by caucasian actors, but there is nothing saying that they can't be black. Or maybe we should just go back to the time when all roles were portrayed by white men.

Of course there is no reason a stormtrooper would have to be white. But I'd say there IS reason that Ancient Egyptians wouldn't be white.

Or maybe we should just go back to the time when all roles were portrayed by white men.
    You realize I'm complaining that they are white, right? Even as sarcasm this is the opposite of what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; December 4th, 2015 at 11:19 AM.

"Elizabeth..."

I actually assumed Ciara Renée was hispanic. But either way, I was mainly talking about Falk Hentschel, who played Hawkman. Out of all the people in history who look like you'd think would ever have been named Khufu, he looks like he the very last one. He's an un-Ancient Egyptian looking as you'll ever see. He and his incredibly white looking Pharaoh father, looked indefensibly out of place.

I honestly don't know what they could have been thinking with this casting choice. If they wanted to cast him, go with the alien backstory. If they wanted to make their backstory begin in Ancient Egypt, cast people who could have perhaps even vaguely passed for Ancient Egyptian royalty.

I actually kind of hope people call them out on this, because I feel like it's the type of thing hat deserve flack.

I think Renee is a mix of a lot of different ethnicities/races, however it is possible to be both 100% black and a 100% hispanic at the same time . But Egyptian isn't one of them. That part didn't bother me as much though, it was momentarily distracting but that's it. It's the magic that really bothered me. Though I do agree that whitewashing is not a good thing. However, I am used to seeing this, so meh (is that bad?).

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Really? That's what you guys are mad about? Not the absolutely atrocious 180 on Felicity's personality?

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about the son you just found out about an hour ago!"

...bull****.

Flash has all the good writers and it is really annoying.
    Felicity acting out of character is not nearly as bothersome as the magic. So GRRRRR magic GRRRR Hocus Pocus GRRRR I don't like that aspect of these comic book universes GRRRR.

You sound like the people complaining because Johnny Storm was black in the lastest Fantastic Four movie...and the people complaining because there's a black storm trooper in the new Star Wars movie. Yes, the roles were traditionally portrayed by caucasian actors, but there is nothing saying that they can't be black. Or maybe we should just go back to the time when all roles were portrayed by white men.
    I think this is entirely wrong. You see, changing historical people's skin color is a bit of a slap to the face. A storm trooper, well, nothing says he can't be black. A comic book character like Fire Storm...I can see how that is odd but not infuriating nor bothersome but they'll need to explain his relationship with Invisible Woman (didn't see the movie). But none of that compares with turning any positive image of non-white people into white people almost as if stating that minorities can only portray certain low level characters.

BUT I don't blame the writers of doing that and the casting people probably didn't think things through. It just bothered me at an intellectual level. Flash writers are really good at what they do and their casting people did a good job. Arrow casting too, but their writers aren't um...fully aware of how some of their characters act at times (like a certain ex-boyfriend of Felicity). I rate this as minimal... BUT not comparable to the whole black storm trooper thing, not by a long shot.