• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livewire (105)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    LIVEWIRE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105
    An accident transforms an outspoken radio personality into the villainous Livewire, who can channel and even turn herself into electricity -- and who targets Cat and Supergirl. Kara's foster mother comes to visit for Thanksgiving, causing friction with Alex.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 December 2015, 10:18 PM.

This was definitely my favorite episode so far. And there's definitely a lot of potential for Livewire to come back later on, especially with the reveal of the Danvers history with Henshaw.

Comment

CBS for aired Livewire out of order. It was created as the fifth episode:

Ep 4: "How Does She Do It"
      Ep. 5: "Livewire"

CBS skipped episode 4. It's too soon for the network to be meddling with continuity. A series is fragile this early in its run, when each week builds crucially on the last. I remember when FOX murdered Firefly by (among other things) scrambling the episode order. Ever since, I'm sensitised to how television series suffer when networks shuffle episodes from the order that their showrunners intended.

With luck, CBS will air episode 4 in the fifth week, and nothing will be confuisng. With more luck, the network won't do this again for a long time.

------------------
      Edit: I didn't know the reason and replied later in the thread after learning it.
      Last edited by Brother Freyr; 23 November 2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

CBS swapped the episodes around due to the Paris situation.So far no date for Ep4.
        One source:
        IGN article ~Beware of spoilers for Supergirl and NCIS: Los Angeles.~
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          CBS swapped the episodes around due to the Paris situation.So far no date for Ep4.
          One source:
          IGN article ~Beware of spoilers for Supergirl and NCIS: Los Angeles.~
          I enjoyed the Livewire episode...however...what was happening in episode 104 that would be insensitive to the French?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            CBS for aired Livewire out of order. It was created as the fifth episode:

Ep 4: "How Does She Do It"
            Ep. 5: "Livewire"

CBS skipped episode 4. It's too soon for the network to be meddling with continuity. A series is fragile this early in its run, when each week builds crucially on the last. I remember when FOX murdered Firefly by (among other things) scrambling the episode order. Ever since, I'm sensitised to how television series suffer when networks shuffle episodes from the order that their showrunners intended.

With luck, CBS will air episode 4 in the fifth week, and nothing will be confuisng. With more luck, the network won't do this again for a long time.
            I was wondering why they were talking about Thanksgiving this week instead of next week.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I enjoyed the Livewire episode...however...what was happening in episode 104 that would be insensitive to the French?
            From the official description, it looks like National City suffers a series of bombings.
            Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
              From the official description, it looks like National City suffers a series of bombings.
              Ahhh...ok
              sigpic

Comment

Just as Haven jiggered their presentation when a high school was shot up a few years back..

This is television. FICTION. It has nothing to do with real life. I'm getting sick and damned tired of everybody being so afraid of offending somebody. Or at least using that as an excuse.

Just goes to show you how effectively the perpetually offended / terminal whiners have "trained" our society.

Bombing, mass shootings, and whatever other sort of disaster you can think of are horrible events. And we all mourn the lives lost in these events.

But changing the TV schedule has 0 effect on these events, or the people that have lost loved ones. Maybe it's just a way TV execs like to fool themselves into thinking they're doing something about things they have no control over. But I'm tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                  This was definitely my favorite episode so far. And there's definitely a lot of potential for Livewire to come back later on, especially with the reveal of the Danvers history with Henshaw.
                  That there is.. Especailly after the clips of his eyes glowing.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Just as Haven jiggered their presentation when a high school was shot up a few years back..

This is television. FICTION. It has nothing to do with real life. I'm getting sick and damned tired of everybody being so afraid of offending somebody. Or at least using that as an excuse.

Just goes to show you how effectively the perpetually offended / terminal whiners have "trained" our society.
                  Same here. I was rather irked when i heard the exces at the studio cropped Spidy 3, due to the twin towers attacks, to remove the towers from the film, but imo that is actually giving INTO the fear these terrorists want to cause..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Same here. I was rather irked when i heard the exces at the studio cropped Spidy 3, due to the twin towers attacks, to remove the towers from the film, but imo that is actually giving INTO the fear these terrorists want to cause..
                    Spiderman 3? Do you mean the first Spiderman movie with Toby Maguire?

As for the episode shuffling...I was unaware that it too place until someone brought it up on here. If you'd had someone injured or, heaven forbid, killed in France...would you want to see a show with bombings in the city? I don't think it is giving in to terrorists...I think its being compassionate to the people affected by the Paris attacks.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know it was ONE of the Toby ones...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I know it was ONE of the Toby ones...
                        Yes, it was the first one.

sigpic

Comment

I doubt it'll seriously make a difference. Supergirl is still largely episodic. The only thing we may have missed out on is a little stuff to do with Lucy Lane based on the feel of this one.

But ultimately I have no problem with changing an episode order for this reason. It'd be thoroughly insensitive to air an episode of a tv show, which is ultimately there to make money, if it strikes to close to home when it comes to a tragedy on that sort of scale. It's not like editing out the Towers out of friends episodes, or thinking about renaming the Lord of the Rings film, those were ridiculous. It was just putting back an episode for a while which ultimately will have little baring on the show.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I doubt it'll seriously make a difference. Supergirl is still largely episodic. The only thing we may have missed out on is a little stuff to do with Lucy Lane based on the feel of this one.

But ultimately I have no problem with changing an episode order for this reason. It'd be thoroughly insensitive to air an episode of a tv show, which is ultimately there to make money, if it strikes to close to home when it comes to a tragedy on that sort of scale. It's not like editing out the Towers out of friends episodes, or thinking about renaming the Lord of the Rings film, those were ridiculous. It was just putting back an episode for a while which ultimately will have little baring on the show.
                            I concur!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              As for the episode shuffling...I was unaware that it too place until someone brought it up on here. If you'd had someone injured or, heaven forbid, killed in France...would you want to see a show with bombings in the city? I don't think it is giving in to terrorists...I think its being compassionate to the people affected by the Paris attacks.
                              I probably wouldn't be watching TV in the first place if I had. Even if I was, I wouldn't care because TV and reality are separate. You'd have to be really oversensitive for something like that to bother you.
                              Meh...

Comment

Working...
                              X