Livewire (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    That there is.. Especailly after the clips of his eyes glowing.
    Spoiler:

are you telling me that you haven't figured out who that is, it is either miss martian-M'gann M'orzz-Megan Morse, or-J'onn J'onzz-john jones the martian man hunter, my bet is that it is miss martian.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
      As an easter egg. Smallville had a bunch of actors from previous superman projects in 1-2 episodes. In fact, Dean Cain was the villain in one episode.

That said, I'm not willing to dismiss your idea out of hand, since it would be a good story.
      If he had been cast as a cameo role, her father on Krypton who could only appear in the opening scenes of the pilot or in flashbacks/dream sequences, then I would be willing to accept the character is dead and gone and not coming back. But because he's one of the better known actors to play Superman in the role as her father on Earth, and they just now announced a mysterious past and a death under suspicious circumstances relating to another character who isn't what he seems. It just makes it seem much more likely that they're going to find him alive.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
        Spoiler:

are you telling me that you haven't figured out who that is, it is either miss martian-M'gann M'orzz-Megan Morse, or-J'onn J'onzz-john jones the martian man hunter, my bet is that it is miss martian.
        That's my guess. A black man with glowing red eyes (who fights bad aliens), is either an obvious giveway or a clever misdirect. If Smallville can have him, Supergirl can too. But we're still guessing, and I was slightly less certain after this episode's flashback.

Comment

This episode's flashback could be before he was replaced by the glowy eyed duplicate..

Maybe he's with the dad, wherever they are

Comment

I get a sinister vibe from the glowy eye thing. So no, not Martian Manhunter.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              I get a sinister vibe from the glowy eye thing. So no, not Martian Manhunter.
              He doesn't need to be warm and fuzzy. Presumably, he's been here a very long time. He's probably displeased by all the chaos brought along with Kal-El and Kara.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                The purposes of holding back episodes like that isn't for the sake of the general public and the worry that people are "over sensitive". It has nothing to do with that. It's called good taste.
                Couldn't green you twice, so have some more virtual green!

++||++

Onwards to the episode as I wasn't watching Supergirl at the time of the Paris attacks. I think I just came back from the cinema but can't be sure. I do remember commenting something was going down in Paris.

Anyway... Livewire

It's Thanksgiving time and so the Danvers (D'Anvers (FR) -> Of Antwerp (ENG) -> Van Antwerpen (D)) meet as a family, which apparently is always good fun.
                And the Danvers are no exception apparently, and when Elizah Danvers calls Alex by her full name, stuff gets real.

Poor Alex though, always feeling like she's not good enough, and unable to compete with Kara. Not protecting enough, not taking care of the little sister enough, never good enough. Living up to a certain view is hard (I know).
                And Kara trying hard to put the pieces back together.

In the meantime, Cat Grant makes an enemy out of another protegé who comes back to haunt her as a ball of sentient electricity.
                That was some wicked cool special effects, and Livewire is deliciously corrupted by the power of it.

Cat and Supergirl team up to beat Lifewire -- epic fighting ensues which ends in a splash.

Alex and her mother make up and then she tells them about Henk Henshaw and what didn't happen to their father.

The flashbacks were nice.

"Best pie in the galaxy. And I have been to 12 different planets so I mean that in the most literal of ways."
                -- it must be true.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                X