Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    TPTB themselves haven't ruled out a return of Lorca. I think they left the fate of Prime Lorca intentionally vague for that reason.
    I really hope they do bring him into it, I know Isaacs mentioned in the interview that there have been talks about it, I just don't want to get my hopes up lol.
    sigpic

Comment

Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 to Air on CBS

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Does anyone else get Andromeda vibes from the season 3 trailer, a ship thrown forward in time their civilisation in tatters they attempt to rebuild what was lost

Comment

Finally caught up with this, looking forward to season 3! Question though, the episode before the finale had a character we haven't met before in the series (Po?), is this connected to the shorts that were released? If so, anywhere I can find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Finally caught up with this, looking forward to season 3! Question though, the episode before the finale had a character we haven't met before in the series (Po?), is this connected to the shorts that were released? If so, anywhere I can find them?
            Yep, it's one of the short treks (ep 1 Runaway, I think). I'm in the US, so I watched it on cbs all access. I believe it's also available on DVD.
            sigpic

Comment

No episode thread yet so I guess we discuss here in spoiler tags? Quite an enjoyable opener, probably loads of hat tips I missed not being a knowledgeable Trekkie...

Comment

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Renewed for Season 4 at CBS All Access

Star Trek: Discovery Starts Production on Season 4

I also saw this: Which Star Trek: Discovery Character Are You?

I did this even thou I don't watch the show and got Saru.
                Last edited by planet_tv; 16 October 2020, 08:29 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I won't mention any specifics from the first episode, because spoilers, but I will tell you I loved it. And I can't wait for next Friday for the next episode. Really glad to have it back.

YAY for it being renewed for a 4th season. Perhaps they could maybe explore Prime Lorca in the 4th season, who knows, I guess it depends what happens in season 3.
                  sigpic
                  He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    No episode thread yet so I guess we discuss here in spoiler tags? Quite an enjoyable opener, probably loads of hat tips I missed not being a knowledgeable Trekkie...
                    Not really that many Easter eggs to be honest. They seem to be keeping mostly 23rd century races. Probably because they are introducing Discovery to the 32nd century.

Found a high Michael hilarious
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked the new episode BUT I think it somewhat destroys the Star Trek universe and don't like the plot they went with. If it didn't exist within the ST universe I probably wouldn't mind.

In saying that, it's early days so I'll wait and see where they are taking this for the season.

Comment

The season three premiere is imo the strongest non-series premiere season opener the franchise has had in about 25 years. I'm unbelievably excited for the new episode tomorrow. I feel lucky to be a Trekkie right now.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I believe they have unofficially ordered even season 5 as well. The S4 shooting will start in November, so it was not a big surprise they get a new season.

3x01. Spoiler free review. I have no idea how many millions of dollars have spent on it, but it has felt like a proper movie experience. Iceland is amazing anyway, but there were so many cool special effects in almost every scene. I am really impressed and we can only hope the 4th Stargate series will be visually as amazing as this season opener. Well done, CBS!
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Another fun episode! Surprised there aren't episode threads yet. Not sure how to ask so I've reported my own post and added the question lol

Spoiler:
                            Glad the team wasn't separated for long! Also nice to catch up with the others. Definitely something up with the girl who pilots the ship (whose name eludes me at the moment). Parasitic ice was an interesting concept.

Comment

That a Darren thing usually.

I think we need a few Short Treks with Staments and Jett
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X