Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

http://bit.ly/NewStarTrekTVseries

Pleasant news for a Monday!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I wonder where it will be set in the timeline
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Interesting, I wonder why CBS is putting on a streaming channel instead of the main network? It's gotta be for $.

Comment

Probably because they want people to use the streaming channel and they need something high profile to draw them in..

Comment

Well, Paramount used "Enterprise" to launch a a network, if I recall. I guess CBS wants to do the same thing, but with a pay service.

I wonder how it will do. I'm certainly not going to subscribe for one show alone. I might wait till they have a complete season and subscribe for a month to binge it, but not on an ongoing basis.

Comment

I will hold judgement till i get more info.. And where are they going to have it focus?? in the new abram's time line or the original?

Comment

The article says the new series is not related to the upcoming movie, but that could mean several things.
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Yea im curious as to what version of star Trek they're gonna go with.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Well, Paramount used "Enterprise" to launch a a network, if I recall.
                    It was actually Voyager that was used. Enterprise aired, for the most part, during the last years of the network.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...oadcast_by_UPN

As for this series, it may be one I don't watch because of it only being on CBS Access which I don't do and somebody from the J.J. Abrams movies is involved, Alex Kurtzman. I know that doesn't automatically mean it will be set in the J.J. Abrams universe but I'll wait and see. If it's not set in the J.J. Abrams universe then I may check it out but it would have be available on DVD in order for me to do that.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Well this stinks if it is a streaming show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Please be the 25th century already. They really should tackle that.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                          The article says the new series is not related to the upcoming movie, but that could mean several things.
                          Yeah, that's very unclear. It could mean Prime universe, but it could also mean JJverse but removed from the film adventures of the Enterprise -- maybe another ship on another frontier at the same time, or even a nuTNG to the reboot films.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            Please be the 25th century already. They really should tackle that.
                            I'd actually rather it was set either in the late 23rd or early 24th Centuries. I got tired of all the mega tech in Voyager and the later movies. It just felt like they could do anything.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              I'd actually rather it was set either in the late 23rd or early 24th Centuries. I got tired of all the mega tech in Voyager and the later movies. It just felt like they could do anything.
                              I know its not going to happen but if its set in the Prime universe I would love to see post Dominion War Alpha Quadrant.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X