Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    Most of those down to technology production upgrades, with probably the exception of the trill, I bet that was due to Terry Farrell being difficult to work with.An introducing a sub suspicies is acceptable to me

Here they seem to be changing it for the sake of changing it.

My thoughts exactly.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Premiere Pushed to ‘Late Summer, Early Fall’

Still CBS in US, Bell in CA, and Netflix by next day in rest of world.

Comment

That part about the other trek series being successful on Netflix, the detail they are missing is that many people already had that service and that it offers programs and movies from multiple studios. I just don't see enough people signing up to make it profitable. Sure, it will convince a lot of people to watch it. But just the main core fanbase.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

I have heard that with the international distribution sales, the show is already profitable, before airing a single frame, and regardless of their screwy distribution plan in the US. That's referring to the show itself's profitability though, not to whether or not CBS All Access will succeed or fail.

I don't have a linkable source though, so take that with a grain of salt.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Don't have Netflix -- not interested in what they have to offer over here. It's not as extensive as it is in the US or other countries over here.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Don't have Netflix -- not interested in what they have to offer over here. It's not as extensive as it is in the US or other countries over here.
              Same here. I still use torrents cause Netflix is useless and i am not willing to pay same amount for month then US or even more cause we have EURO for 40% of the content they have. There are loads of power ranger and Scooby doo series in there i dont care about. Scooby doo ok but it was spammed for like a decade in cartoon networks to. Power rangers are so bad that it is painful to watch.
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I was excited when they announced they'd be available in my neck of the woods, which lasted until I saw the range of shows they were offering -- that's when it simmered out.

Yeah, I'm a bloody pirate.
                And yes, I buy DVD's (most of what I watch never even makes it onto our screens to begin with).

Comment

There are certain things that we do not speak off around here, FH...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    There are certain things that we do not speak off around here, FH...
                    I'm not sharing my sources.

Comment

Jason Isaacs to Play Captain of Starship Discovery on CBS All Access’ ‘Star Trek’ Series
                      http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...ss-1202003216/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My first reaction: "Lucius Malfoy as the Captain!"

But wait, wasn't it going to be a woman in charge...

Comment

The star of the show is going to be played by Sonequa Martin-Green, but she was never going to be the captain. And they also announced that another ship will be captained by a character played by Michelle Yeoh. Maybe you're thinking of one of them?
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Mmm... the series is called Star Trek Discovery so Sonequa better have an important role if she's the star but not the captian... *ponders*

Comment

I'm very curious to see how they're going to approach it, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                My first reaction: "Lucius Malfoy as the Captain!"

But wait, wasn't it going to be a woman in charge...
                                I'd much prefer Galen the technomage from Babylon 5 as the captain....he was hilarious in that role

Comment

Working...
                                X