Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Right, for US viewers. The rest of us get it either on TV or on Netflix
    LOL TV/Netflix... yeah... no....

I'll be long dead and buried -- IF this should ever air. I'm really not going to wait that long.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Um, yes.... It will be airing on the TV channel Space here in Canada, and has already been licensed out to Netflix in 188 other countries, where they will release new episodes within 24h after they release on CBS All Access. The US/US viewers are the only ones being shafted here.

http://www.startrek.com/article/inte...ar-trek-series
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't have Netflix and I'm not planning on getting an account either -- our local collection isn't interesting enough to cough up the extra costs.

Though I suspect, it'll pop up in the library of my internet/TV provider so that's something.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The trailer looks cool. I'm not going to sign up to CBS access to see it, so I hope it does eventually come to Netflix in the US.

Comment

So...is this in the original timeline? Or the JJ Abrams timeline? Is this before Kirk? I'm so confused now....
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Half right, the ENT Augment/Klingon story resulted in some Klingons having ridges and others not--so it's perfectly valid to see 'ridged' Klingons here.

There's just something odd about the overall face/makeup design, IMO.
              Thanks for that because the last time I saw that episode was when it aired as Enterprise is the only Star Trek series I don't have on DVD yet.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              So...is this in the original timeline? Or the JJ Abrams timeline? Is this before Kirk? I'm so confused now....
              It will be set some time before Kirk and will be part of the original Roddenberry timeline.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I'll be long dead and buried -- IF this should ever air. I'm really not going to wait that long.
                Well i torrent every show anyway so this wont be any different.
                sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  It will be set some time before Kirk and will be part of the original Roddenberry timeline.
                  Well I guess that makes sense. Star Trek was never one for continuity!
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Light the Fire! Here’s your first look at the Klingons in #StarTrekDiscovery, with @obidon1 as T'Kuvma. #CBSAllAccess https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/stat...485313/photo/1

While I maintain there could be a story reason for this, my first reaction is more along the lines of 'uhhh...what?'
                    My reaction was, it the bloody Klingons again, how boring is that.

Then their was that line about needing stars to navigate, when their a big, bright yellow star in the sky above their heads. Honestly hope the episodes aren't as poorly written as the trailer and that the some of the CGI in the trailer is work in progress because Orville is looking better looking in that department.

Comment

The more I see these "klingons", mostly in screens on various articles, the more I'm hating them.

Comment

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have serious doubts about this. I already voiced why I think their distribution model stinks, but from what I have seen that's the least of their issues.

They seem to be using the visuals and "mythology" of the new timeline with the backdrop of the old timeline completely ignoring any continuity (To be fair, Star Trek isn't really well known for continuity) in an attempt to pull in both the TV series fans and the new movies fans. The problem is that the changes will alienate some of the TV fans and that many of the movie fans won't be invested enough to pay the subscription fee for just one TV show...not to mention the Orville show will suck up some of that fan base too.

That said, I do recognize that we know almost nothing about the show and it may very well be very respectful of the old continuity of the old timeline and that they have some interesting explanations for everything that will please others and this will be a nice fun show to watch if anything else. But it's that stupid distribution model that would probably negate the whole thing.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Blue Klingons? Maybe an aquatic variant? Are his hands webbed?

Comment

Just announced: premieres SEPTEMBER 24!

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/stat...31970839347202
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

15 episodes and after 8 episodes or 7 there will be a mid season winter break. Starts up again in 2018 January.

After Klingon war they do a serious dawn fall with technology with the next generation enterprise interior and out dated tech, but moves faster in warp speed.
                              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Jonathan Frakes will be returning to Trek to direct an episode of Discovery:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/27/star-tre...nathan-frakes/

Comment

Working...
                                X