Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know most people didn't like the enterprise Era, but I'd live to see the beginnings of the Federation.
    sigpic

Comment

If it not set post Dominion, post Voyager, I probably won't watch. I suspect a substantial number of star trek fans will be joining me.

If they go JJ Abrams universe that leaves CBS reliant on film goers, well I wish them luck going down that path because I suspect they are going to need it.

Im not worried it streaming only, Netflix and Amazon have shown that high quality programs can survive in the streaming world.
      Last edited by knowles2; 04 November 2015, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        I know most people didn't like the enterprise Era, but I'd live to see the beginnings of the Federation.
        I never got into Enterprise, but i too would love more stuff on the foundation/beginnings of the Federation.

Comment

I have no problem with the "Enterprise" era, I just didn't like the 2 year Xindi story arc. Bored me to death.
          Anyway, given choice, I'd like to see a few thousand years in the future. I seem to recall a scene at the end of some Trek property that was set far in the future, that has them at the edge of our galaxy, looking outward. Pick it up there would be good.

Comment

Cool!

Streaming service - not so cool.
            But it'll probably float around the interwebz at some point.

Kurtzman is bringing in the money - I wouldn't worry too much about any creative decisions. Producers and executive producers deal with the money-side of things.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Cool!

Streaming service - not so cool.
              But it'll probably float around the interwebz at some point.

Kurtzman is bringing in the money - I wouldn't worry too much about any creative decisions. Producers and executive producers deal with the money-side of things.
              I concur...streaming...not so cool. I wonder if CBS's All Access is a part of my service already?
              sigpic

Comment

As an Australian who can't get CBS All Access, I think that sucks, unless Stan gets it, we probably won't get it until 2018 or even 2019

I hope that its set post dominion war, post voyager return, perhaps the 1st season could be about a federation/Klingon task force cleaning up some rebel jem'hadar left in the alpha quadrant, I would also love it if it were centred around another starbase, it doesn't have to be ds9 but I think that would be cool

Would an Antholagy series work for Star Trek?
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  As an Australian who can't get CBS All Access, I think that sucks, unless Stan gets it, we probably won't get it until 2018 or even 2019
                  Hence why I made the comment that I'm hoping it will float about the web so that I, as a Belgian, doesn't have to wait until much much later than 2020 to watch it.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

I hope that its set post dominion war, post voyager return, perhaps the 1st season could be about a federation/Klingon task force cleaning up some rebel jem'hadar left in the alpha quadrant, I would also love it if it were centred around another starbase, it doesn't have to be ds9 but I think that would be cool

Would an Antholagy series work for Star Trek?
                    I'll have to check with my Boob-tube Service Provider (BSP) to see if I have CBS All Access.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      I have no problem with the "Enterprise" era, I just didn't like the 2 year Xindi story arc. Bored me to death.
                      Anyway, given choice, I'd like to see a few thousand years in the future. I seem to recall a scene at the end of some Trek property that was set far in the future, that has them at the edge of our galaxy, looking outward. Pick it up there would be good.
                      The Xindi arc was only one year.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        The Xindi arc was only one year.
                        As I recall, the arc started sometime in season 2, and didn't finish until late season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          As I recall, the arc started sometime in season 2, and didn't finish until late season 3.
                          It was introduced in the season 2 finale, and wrapped up in the season 3 finale. 1 season.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Xindi arc was the best.

What a mixed reception it got, though. In my experience, people tend to love it or hate it. Still a better overall reception than the first two seasons!
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                              The Xindi arc was the best.

What a mixed reception it got, though. In my experience, people tend to love it or hate it. Still a better overall reception than the first two seasons!
                              I liked it
                              sigpic

Comment

My fear is that people won't flock to a CBS subscription service for 1 show and the network will incorrectly cancel the show even though the show would have received good rating if it aired on CBS TV.

Worst case scenario I'll sign up for 1 month of the CBS thing (likely a free trial) and binge watch the show once the season has concluded.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X