Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having read everything to date their not one thing that I have heard about this series that excite me.

I suppose just treating them like rhino horns or dear antlers would just be to much common sense. Evolutions takes thousands of years at a minimum, no way is the Klingon space empire that old.
    Last edited by knowles2; 12 August 2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I found this IMDB:
      "Star Trek: Discovery" Character Posters

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Story ideas for season 2 already being considered...

Star Trek: Discovery - Alex Kurtzman outlines season 2 plans

Set ten years before The Original Series, we're about to meet a host of new characters (and Tribbles) next month in the CBS: All Access series Star Trek: Discovery, including Sonequa Martin-Green as Lieutenant Commander Michael Burnham, Michelle Yeoh as Captain Georgiou, Jason Isaacs as Captain Lorca and Doug Jones as Saru.

They'll be in the thick of it with the Klingons in season 1 of the show, fighting a war with an adversary they're only just really beginning to fully understand, and executive producer Alex Kurtzman (The Mummy - 2017 version) has been talking to Digital Spy about how lead character Michael fits into this dynamic.

"She is fascinated and fixated on alien races; particularly the Klingons, for reasons that we'll come to understand are very personal for her," he revealed. "Given the fact that we're at war with the Klingons in the show, she's going to have a lot to say and do about it."

And it seems that Kurtzman is pretty confident about the series being a hit, as he went on to outline what we can expect to see when (and if) the show returns for season 2.

"Each season needs to be about a different thing. I wouldn't necessarily want to bring the Klingon War into season two," he said, before adding, "However, the results of the war are going to allow for a lot of new storytelling that will be the result of everything that happens and the people that are left behind; the casualties, the things that have grown in Starfleet as a result of the war. That's what we'll inherit in the second season."
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This dark drama and war is the death of the Star Trek. Star Trek was about finding new life and discover new planets. It was inspiring for positive future.

They should of just make new name and nothing related to starfleet or Star Trek and it would have a better chance. But so far it seems Orville will be good and this will suck.

We dont need another good series turn in to Battlestar galactica and i see the same faith Stargate had with Universe that was to dark and to much dark drama.

If we get new Star Trek we need it to stay on it's routs and not try to be something different and especially dark drama. We have game of thrones that is already a political dark drama.

And well i really hate prequels just like Star Wars where you start 1 to 3 and then see episode 4 and say wth is this. Technology wise big step backwards but in in timeline more in the future. From touchscreens to push button like it's TOS

I like to see more stories after voyager to see new species and new enemies that are tougher then Borg.
          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
            This dark drama and war is the death of the Star Trek. Star Trek was about finding new life and discover new planets. It was inspiring for positive future.

They should of just make new name and nothing related to starfleet or Star Trek and it would have a better chance. But so far it seems Orville will be good and this will suck.

We dont need another good series turn in to Battlestar galactica and i see the same faith Stargate had with Universe that was to dark and to much dark drama.

If we get new Star Trek we need it to stay on it's routs and not try to be something different and especially dark drama. We have game of thrones that is already a political dark drama.

And well i really hate prequels just like Star Wars where you start 1 to 3 and then see episode 4 and say wth is this. Technology wise big step backwards but in in timeline more in the future. From touchscreens to push button like it's TOS

I like to see more stories after voyager to see new species and new enemies that are tougher then Borg.
            It seemed to work for Deep Space Nine
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post

I too would rather see them go forward of the TNG era rather than backwards. They already had their chance with retro with "Enterprise".

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I too would rather see them go forward of the TNG era rather than backwards. They already had their chance with retro with "Enterprise".
                Same here, because I simply don't think they will honor the continuity...not that Star Trek is known for continuity in the first place...but I think ya'll know what I mean?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Hi, new here, my first post.
                  Yes, I agree that moving forward in the Star Trek timeline would be infinitely more interesting that seeing them go backwards. I'm not sure how they think fans are supposed to react to seeing sets that seem to be more advanced the Enterprise-ERA, yet occurring prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmius View Post
                    Hi, new here, my first post.
                    Yes, I agree that moving forward in the Star Trek timeline would be infinitely more interesting that seeing them go backwards. I'm not sure how they think fans are supposed to react to seeing sets that seem to be more advanced the Enterprise-ERA, yet occurring prior.
                    heck I think we got more advanced computing technology NOW than they did on the pre-refit Constitution-class Enterprise

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      heck I think we got more advanced computing technology NOW than they did on the pre-refit Constitution-class Enterprise
                      One word. Transporters. The amount of data processing needed for that alone....
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd rather see a show from the TMP era personally. But I'm not sure I'd like to return to the 24th Century or beyond.

I don't really mind what era we see though to be honest. The disparity in technology is to my mind just a consequence of being produced in a different age. So basically the tech we see in Discovery is still there in TOS, we just don't see it because the Constitution class had its own style. Hell even the 24th Century LCARS system still looks outdated by today's standards anyway.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I had an idea for some short story ideas showing the early designs and creation of the first phasers and tricorders. Just set early on in the Star Trek timeline, not directly about any known characters, but just clearly established as Star Trek - related. I'd get a kick out of watching some engineer/inventor in a workshop tweaking a new type of 'laser' he's been working on for a contract for the newly establish 'Starfleet'. And in that same spirit, an elementary device that can scan great distances and penetrate most known materials.
                          Done as a couple of 20-30 mins. shorts, I always thought that would be something nice for all us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I'd rather see a show from the TMP era personally. But I'm not sure I'd like to return to the 24th Century or beyond.

I don't really mind what era we see though to be honest. The disparity in technology is to my mind just a consequence of being produced in a different age. So basically the tech we see in Discovery is still there in TOS, we just don't see it because the Constitution class had its own style. Hell even the 24th Century LCARS system still looks outdated by today's standards anyway.
                            We sorta saw TMP era with TMP and the other 5 theatrical original cast films; it's basically TOS era + 10 years or so. And Jar Jar's altered timeline series of films seem to be happening at about that chronological period too.

Didn't one series or another end with a bridge shot of a far distant future starship at the outer border of our galaxy, preparing to head out to a nearby galaxy? That's where I'd like to see them pick it up.

Comment

I can't recall. I remember there was the future Enterprise J, in the Enterprise series. That would be kind of cool. Imagine the 29th century or something and it's just an all out war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmius View Post
                                I can't recall. I remember there was the future Enterprise J, in the Enterprise series. That would be kind of cool. Imagine the 29th century or something and it's just an all out war.

Well they did fight a war with the Sphere Builders in that timeline so war wouldn't be out of the question if they made a series about the Enterprise J

Comment

Working...
                                X