Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any quadrant we haven't been too before, and all new classes of ships. I like your idea of having a default station to return to. Would be kind of neat if we had a few standard ships with crews we could get to know, major ship upgrades each season, and countless new species and technologies to learn about.

One thing's for sure, the graphics are going to be so much better than we've ever seen before in an ST series.

Comment

Two more writers have been hired for the show, it has been announced, including (surprise) another veteran of Star Trek's "Prime universe":

BREAKING: Trek Vet Joe Menosky and ‘Heroes’ Writer Aron Coleite Join Star Trek All Access Writing Staff

Star Trek writer Joe Menosky who penned such favorites as Darmok, Time’s Arrow, and Year of Hell, along with Aron Coleite known for his writing work on the hit sci-fi show Heroes have joined the writing staff for CBS’s upcoming Star Trek television series, according to Larry Nemecek who made the announcement today at Phoenix Comicon.

Larry Nemecek was running a few minutes late for his panel, however it was for a good reason as he was trying to confirm a breaking announcement regarding Star Trek All Access. Larry exclusively spoke to TrekMovie after his panel, saying:

Mike Schindler of the Stage 9 Podcast just informed me that Kemp Powers tweeted him two new names for the writing staff of Star Trek All Access – Aron Coleite and Joe Menosky.

Having Joe Menosky on the show in addition to a staff including Nicholas Meyer and Kirsten Beyer who are exciting modern writers and fans, goes back to my first instinct regarding Bryan Fuller – that the fans should be very excited about Bryan as the show runner. Of all the veteran writers who were contractual available, Bryan has the most street credibility and mainstream “out of the box” thinking. Bryan would only have agreed to be the show runner if he was allowed to do the show he wanted to do, to include hiring the staff he wanted. This is amazing and the fans should be very excited
      Joe Menosky’s Trek writing cred is extensive, having penned some of the most highly regarded episodes of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. Overall, he has writing credits on 56 Star Trek episodes.

Aron Coleite is best know for his work on the hit science fiction show Heroes.

CBS’s as yet unnamed Star Trek television series airs on CBS and CBS All Access January of 2017.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Because I was curious and I'm sure I'm not the only one, Joe Menosky's Trek writing credits include...

TNG
        Executive Story Editor for all of Season 4
        "Legacy"
        "Clues" (teleplay with Bruce D. Arthurs)
        "First Contact" (teleplay Dennis Russell Bailey, David Bischoff, Ronald D. Moore and Michael Piller)
        "The Nth Degree"
        "In Theory" (with Ronald D. Moore)
        "Darmok" (teleplay, story with Philip LaZebnik)
        "Hero Worship" (teleplay)
        "Conundrum" (teleplay, uncredited)
        "Time's Arrow" (teleplay with Michael Piller, story)
        "Time's Arrow, Part II" (story)
        "The Chase" (teleplay, story with Ronald D. Moore)
        "Suspicions" (with Naren Shankar)
        "Interface"
        "Masks"
        "Emergence" (teleplay)

DS9
        "Dramatis Personae"
        "Rivals" (teleplay)
        "Distant Voices" (story)
        "Time's Orphan" (story)

VOY
        "Cathexis" (story with Brannon Braga)
        "The Thaw" (teleplay)
        "False Profits" (teleplay)
        "Remember" (story with Brannon Braga)
        "Future's End" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Future's End, Part II" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Alter Ego"
        "Darkling" (teleplay, story with Brannon Braga)
        "Distant Origin" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Scorpion" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Scorpion, Part II" (with Brannon Braga)
        "The Gift"
        "Year of Hell" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Year of Hell, Part II" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Concerning Flight" (teleplay, story with Jimmy Diggs)
        "The Killing Game" (with Brannon Braga)
        "The Killing Game, Part II" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Living Witness" (teleplay with Bryan Fuller and Brannon Braga)
        "Hope and Fear" (teleplay with Brannon Braga, story with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga)
        "Night" (with Brannon Braga)
        "Drone" (teleplay with Bryan Fuller and Brannon Braga)
        "Timeless" (teleplay with Brannon Braga, story with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga)
        "Latent Image" (teleplay, story with Eileen Connors and Brannon Braga)
        "The Fight" (teleplay)
        "Dark Frontier" (with Brannon Braga)
        "11:59" (teleplay, story with Brannon Braga)
        "Equinox" (teleplay with Brannon Braga, story with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga)
        "Equinox, Part II" (teleplay with Brannon Braga, story with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga)
        "Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy" (teleplay)
        "Dragon's Teeth" (teleplay with Brannon Braga and Michael Taylor)
        "The Voyager Conspiracy"
        "Blink of an Eye" (teleplay with Scott Miller)
        "Good Shepherd" (teleplay with Dianna Gitto)
        "Muse"
        "Unimatrix Zero" (teleplay with Brannon Braga)
        "Unimatrix Zero, Part II" (teleplay with Brannon Braga, story with Mike Sussman and Brannon Taylor)

Menosky also has a sizeable number of Trek Producer credits to his name as well:
        Star Trek: The Next Generation ("Redemption II" - "Time's Arrow") - Co-Producer
        Star Trek: Voyager ("The Chute" - "Hope and Fear") - Producer
        Star Trek: Voyager ("Night" - "Equinox") - Supervising Producer
        Star Trek: Voyager ("Equinox, Part II" - "Unimatrix Zero") - Co-Executive Producer
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Three-time Emmy nominee (all three for his work on American Horror Story) Mark Worthington confirmed as Production Designer of new series.

And he says that scripts are still in early enough stages that he hasn't done any set-building yet.

Comment

You know how between TOS and TNG they added several new tech things (like holodecks), I hope they add some new stuff like that this time. It's been long enough since the previous shows ended. I think Voyager had the most advanced tech. We should get something even better than that this time.

Comment

Apparently Nathan Fillion will appear as a captain?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I haven't seen anybody say that, anywhere.

Comment

Seems to be a rumor going around, not entirely unsubstantiated though.

However, he'll probably be too busy with ConMan series 2.

Comment

A rumour has no proof, making it entirely unsubstantiated by definition

...be fun though, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      ...be fun though, wouldn't it?
                      I would actually accept him as a captain in a Star Trek show but I really hope it's a completely new cast for us to slowly fall in love with over the first two to three seasons. All of the ST shows have provided that process for us, except Enterprise which had Scott Bakula whom most of us already knew from Quantum Leap. The best option would be a bunch of people we didn't already know. When you've seen an actor in one show, as one specific character, then you see them again in another show - you can't ever fully accept them as someone else. At least, I can't.

Comment

Fuller confirms:
                        - Season 1 will be 13 episodes
                        - Arc of the season is fully mapped, about half the scripts are started
                        - Nobody has been cast yet
                        - Stages in Vancouver are rented and sets will go up in a few weeks
                        - Filming will begin in September and run through March
                        - Fuller is hoping to share more details at SDCC

http://www.trektoday.com/content/201...teen-episodes/

Comment

Casting will have to be done in a hurry if they want to start filming in September.

Comment

I had a feeling it would only be 13 episodes being on CBS "all access"
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

There filming in Toronto !! So excited for this series. I really hope it does well
                              sigpic
                              Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
                                There filming in Toronto !! So excited for this series. I really hope it does well
                                But the stages are in Vancouver -- that's nowhere near Toronto. It's on opposite sides of Canada in fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X