Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Confirmed! New Star Trek TV series coming in January 2017

Apparently Nathan Fillion will appear as a captain?
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

I haven't seen anybody say that, anywhere.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Seems to be a rumor going around, not entirely unsubstantiated though.

However, he'll probably be too busy with ConMan series 2.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

A rumour has no proof, making it entirely unsubstantiated by definition

...be fun though, wouldn't it?
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    ...be fun though, wouldn't it?
    I would actually accept him as a captain in a Star Trek show but I really hope it's a completely new cast for us to slowly fall in love with over the first two to three seasons. All of the ST shows have provided that process for us, except Enterprise which had Scott Bakula whom most of us already knew from Quantum Leap. The best option would be a bunch of people we didn't already know. When you've seen an actor in one show, as one specific character, then you see them again in another show - you can't ever fully accept them as someone else. At least, I can't.

Fuller confirms:
    - Season 1 will be 13 episodes
    - Arc of the season is fully mapped, about half the scripts are started
    - Nobody has been cast yet
    - Stages in Vancouver are rented and sets will go up in a few weeks
    - Filming will begin in September and run through March
    - Fuller is hoping to share more details at SDCC

http://www.trektoday.com/content/201...teen-episodes/

Casting will have to be done in a hurry if they want to start filming in September.

I had a feeling it would only be 13 episodes being on CBS "all access"
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Second Lieutenant Kenton-Atlantis's Avatar

There filming in Toronto !! So excited for this series. I really hope it does well

Kenton Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
    There filming in Toronto !! So excited for this series. I really hope it does well
    But the stages are in Vancouver -- that's nowhere near Toronto. It's on opposite sides of Canada in fact.

Sets and stages in Vancouver; Toronto will probably be where they do all the on-location filming.

Second Lieutenant Kenton-Atlantis's Avatar

I have read many sources that say they are filming in Toronto this fall ? Hope it's true

Kenton Canada

Ah... oh well... I don't mind. Lots of actors in the Toronto area they can cast.

Major General

Perhaps i need to move to toronto for a few months..

No way will this be out by January then. Not with filming going through to March next year.

From SDCC in just the last 30-60 minutes:
    • The show is titled Star Trek: Discovery
    • A teaser reveal video was shown, introducing the USS Discovery
    • You may have noted the design is Ralph McQuarrie's Enterprise design from the abandoned Star Trek: Phase II TV series from the '70s
    • According to my buddies at GeekLegacy.com (who were at the Trek panel) the show WILL be set in the Prime universe, not the Kelvin Timeline of the reboot films!

edit;
    For reference: Ralph McQuarrie's concept art, ca. 1976-77

From SDCC in just the last 30-60 minutes:
    • The show is titled Star Trek: Discovery
    • A teaser reveal video was shown, introducing the USS Discovery
    • You may have noted the design is Ralph McQuarrie's Enterprise design from the abandoned Star Trek: Phase II TV series from the '70s
    • According to my buddies at GeekLegacy.com (who were at the Trek panel) the show WILL be set in the Prime universe, not the Kelvin Timeline of the reboot films!

edit;
    For reference: Ralph McQuarrie's concept art, ca. 1976-77
    Love the title.

Love the ship's name.

Always hated the ship design since seeing the concept art for Star Trek: Phase II and very disappointed that TPTB resurrected it for this new show.

Happy that it isn't set in the "Kelvin Timeline".

Hope the CGI improves before the show actually airs.

Looking forward to learning what the storyline is and when in the timeline the show takes place.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by planet_tv View Post
    I would choose the Beta quadrant but I'm curious to see what others would choose.
    So far they have only really shown the Alpha and Delta quadrants.. So i would LOVE some more expansion into the beta or gamma quadrants..

If it gets set on a starship which class of ship would you like the ship to be or would you like a new class?

My choices would be one of these:
    1. Akira-class
    2. New Orleans class
    3. Challenger class
    4. Nebula-class
    5. Yeager-type
    6. Some new class
    Of THAT list, i wouldn't mind the Akira..
    For potential 'others..
    Steamrunner, Centaur, Kelvin, Miranda, Newton, Norway, Soyuz..

My overall thoughts on the series would be this:
    I would like it to have one thing in common with DS9, well sort of. DS9's primary setting was a space station and it's secondary setting from season 3 and up was a Defiant-class starship, so I'd like to see this series be the opposite of that. Its primary setting would be a starship of some class and its secondary setting a space station. I would also like to see it as far out as you can get in a quadrant while still being able to get back to Earth if need be. The starship could dock at the space station anytime it fit the storyline.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    I wouldn't mind that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Science View Post
    Any quadrant we haven't been too before, and all new classes of ships. I like your idea of having a default station to return to. Would be kind of neat if we had a few standard ships with crews we could get to know, major ship upgrades each season, and countless new species and technologies to learn about.
    Unfortunately not really. DS9 did a lot with the Gamma quadrant, and both Romulus and the klingon homeworld are in the Beta...

Now technically, you can say we have explored the Delta quadrant cause of Voyager, but there's still a lot to explore..

Default Re: Confirmed! Star Trek: Discovery coming in January 2017

From TrekMovie.com:

The Discovery’s Design
    During the press conference, Fuller responded to a question from Access Hollywood’s Scott Mantz regarding how much influence an early conceptual design for Star Trek: The Motion Picture of the Enterprise had influenced the U.S.S. Discovery by stating “[it was] to a point where we legally can’t comment on it until we figure out some things.” When Trekmovie.com asked Kadin if the teaser for Star Trek: Discovery featured the final design of the ship, music, and logo, she laughed and said “NO! I was surprised Bryan didn’t say that, actually. I mean, we had three weeks to throw that together. We wanted to show fans…we’re super-excited by the score that this amazing composer, Phil Eisner, threw together as an audition and he did an incredible job. The concepts of the ship are totally what we’re going for and they’ll be honed up until, I think, the day we deliver.”

The Importance of Continuing to Push Boundaries
    The Hall H panel on Star Trek’s 50th Anniversary and the press conference very much focused on the franchise’s role in pushing boundaries and promoting a better future, which is something that is clearly on Discovery showrunner Fuller’s mind. He said, “The state of this country right now terrifies me and saddens me and I feel like we need something like Star Trek to remind us that, collectively as a human race we’re going to get our **** together, and we’re going to build a better future, and we have to start working much harder on that today.”

Kadin confirmed to Trekmovie.com that Discovery would feature female, minority, and LGBTQ characters as she felt modern television did not accurately represent those groups in television shows featuring predominantly-caucasian casts. On the subject of LGBTQ characters specifically, Kadin commented that “is something that’s very important to Bryan [Fuller], and very important to all of us to portray.”

During a press conference, Kadin told TrekMovie that she feels a strong responsibility to make sure that women are represented both on and off the screen during the production of Discovery.

Major General

Default Re: Confirmed! Star Trek: Discovery coming in January 2017

Kadin confirmed to Trekmovie.com that Discovery would feature female, minority, and LGBTQ characters as she felt modern television did not accurately represent those groups in television shows featuring predominantly-caucasian casts. On the subject of LGBTQ characters specifically, Kadin commented that “is something that’s very important to Bryan [Fuller], and very important to all of us to portray.”
    What is she smoking?? LGBTQ are not represented in modern TV Shows?