Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dharman42 View Post
    It's such a shame that Icarus got cancelled. Any news on SGU vol.2 & Ongoing issue #4?
    I've been out of the loop for a long time, so, sorry, no idea.
    Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

So, what are the odds we'll get another comic series? We have no new solicitations other than what appears to be attempts to sell back stock. Think they are done or just waiting on MGM approval for the next round?

Comment

I asked American Mythology what's up on Stargate front. Usually takes them a few days to answer. I hope AM clarifies whether they're done or just waiting on MGM.

I bought all 3 volumes & 4 anthology issues, but still curious why wouldn't Haynes and Vaughn at least consult w/ Brad, Cooper or Mallozzi. lol, I mean if MGM okayed me writing a continuation of SGU, I'd surely email them. xd

Comment

The future of SG comics is in MGMs hands. AM hopes they'll get good news from them some time in the future.

Comment

Well, that's about what I expected. Thanks for asking and sharing the answer!

I wonder if the comics sales or reception affects MGMs decision? My local shop only ordered for two people. Of course I guess that depends on whether or not they get a cut or just get the license fee from AM.

Or maybe it means MGM has plans for Stargate. We can only hope I guess...

Comment

I just saw this tweet on Twitter from Mark Hayens in reply to JC Vaughn:

"[...] What's happening with #Stargate comics is really up to @MGM_Studios. We've gotten a lot of love for the books but the studio has left @AmericanMytho hanging since September 2018 on whether or not AM can do more."

Interpret this as you will.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hmm, doesn't sound good for AM. but it may mean MGM has Stargate plans

Comment

That's a shame to hear. But not unusual. From what I remember they only have a small amount of staff in the licensing department so approvals were notoriously slow. That may have changed in the years though.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just got an email from AM. It sounds like they're working on doing more and getting SG1 involved too -

We hope you are gearing up for a great Memorial Day weekend! We've been working with MGM hoping to get a master Stargate license to continue our line of comic books and to add SG-1 to the mix! Its a long and complicated process but we are persistent and will keep trying to bring more comic books to life. We love Stargate just like you and we're hopeful that we'll have news to share soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

"...hoping to get..." does not equal "...we have..." -- basically nothing.

Comment

No-one is claiming they have.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad I found this thread! I was wondering where those scripts where when they where mentioned on twitter recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisrulez View Post
                            I know I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad I found this thread! I was wondering where those scripts where when they where mentioned on twitter recently.
                            Not in the comics if that's what you're thinking...

The comics are different stories than the Atlantis film script or what could have happened in SGU season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Not in the comics if that's what you're thinking...

The comics are different stories than the Atlantis film script or what could have happened in SGU season 3.
                              Oh no. I'm not talking about the Atlantis scripts obviously if that's what you are implying. I was looking specifically for the Icarus scripts after I learned that the comic series was never going to happen and heard they were floating around the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisrulez View Post
                                Oh no. I'm not talking about the Atlantis scripts obviously if that's what you are implying. I was looking specifically for the Icarus scripts after I learned that the comic series was never going to happen and heard they were floating around the internet.
                                Oh yeah... that one's floating about in this thread.
                                You probably have to scroll back a bit but they're here.

Comment

Working...
                                X