Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No response on FB...
    When calling my bank to ask for AM's phone number, the bank put me on hold and then told me they are cancelling my sale because the order had been out since Dec 11th. Now, I need to find these issues from other sellers and hope for the covers I want to still be in stock.

I still like the comics and want them to continue, but won't order directly from AM again with all the delays and now that they don't have a customer service phone number or email. I will also not pre-order again, but will wait until a dealer such as Midtown has them directly in stock.

Hearts & Minds #1 is supposed to be out in April, so I hope they are not going out of business or anything: https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB171120

Comment

Strange that you got no response. I've contacted them via twitter before and gotten fairly quick responses most of the time. That being said, when I did inquire about delays a few months ago I didn't get any response.

Hope you can track down the ones you need. If you can't find them online I can check my local comic shop, see if they have any left.

Comment

Thank you, lightsyder, Midtown still does have them. Gateways 2 might be used by now, because it is listed as near mint, but near mint sounds OK. I've ordered from Midtown before and double-checked to make sure they still have customer service contact info.

Comment

Sweet. Glad you were able to get them!

Comment

I received an email from AM stating, "Your order has been shipped and is on its way."
            There is no contact info and the sender name is "no-reply" which does not take return emails. So, if someone from AM read this thread and is trying to correct the situation, I have no way to contact you, so thank you here.

Comment

Artwork cover variants for Hearts and Minds 1 and 2 are up. Part 2 is slated for release in June, according to this link:
              https://www.atomicempire.com/issues.aspx?title=19445&

Comment

Looking good.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Hearts and Minds #1... page 11 is going to have me laughing off and on for days, the frame at the top with
                  Spoiler:
                  one of the big grey soldiers helping a human lady across the street and carrying her dainty pink purse.

The tech given to the various planets by Janus will surely have unforeseen and unwelcomed strings attached, as the planets are just "resources" for the grand plan. The question is what will they add up to...

Alas, no Todd in this one though!

Comment

When's SGU 1 supposed to be out?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                      When's SGU 1 supposed to be out?
                      Previews World still says June 28th for issue 0, the same date for SGA Hearts and Minds #2.
                      https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP161258

The numbers thing has stuck SGU as well: issue #2 is available for preorder at Midtown for July 19th, but not issue #1.
                      http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/s...rgate+universe

Comment

I really liked the first issue of "Hearts and Minds."

I've been critical of Larocque's illustrations in the past but this issue's artwork was fantastic! The panel layouts were expansive and interesting and his likenesses to the actors more than past muster here. (Though I thought the actor that played Walter was bald by heredity, not by choice; which is indicated in this issue's subplot)

The story itself was also interesting. I'm glad to see the politics of the Pegasus galaxy take center stage, as it gives the Stargate: Atlantis world a more "lived-in" feel. The character interactions have developed more substantial flavor, too. Rodney's comment about under-developed worlds -- "No offense, Teyla" -- and her glowering at him in the background were a perfect mesh of spot-on characterization matching the artwork of the panel.

I hope the creative team can keep up this level of quality for the remaining two issues of this arc.

Comment

I enjoyed Hearts and Mind #1 as well. I'm quite liking this episodic thing American Mythology have got going off here. I was a little disappointed half of this issue seemed to be a preview for a different series though.

Really really keen to see Universe come out. I'm still gutted they didn't end up doing a Kickstarter for it though. Really wanted to get my face in the series. lol Eager for more!
                          sigpic

Comment

Saw a post on Reddit that SGU 1 and 2 will come out in June with 3 in July

Comment

SGU pushed from 6/21 to 6/28...

Comment

Uhhh. I'm dying to read Universe #1. The delays have been killing me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X