Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually only consider canon what was actually on screen. But I think these guys mention something along the same lines in that Russian interview.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lol...I understand what you are saying. I really like Legacy at the beginning but by the end I was just glad it was over.. The 7th and 8th Legacy books tied up more loose ends in mediocre ways as well. Basically canon is whatever the buyer wants really. MGM isn't overly concerned about it I'm sure even if though they approve the stories. I'm sure die hard fans of the movie feel the same way about the show.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Sorry dude, not canon.

Cause what would these comics be then? They are season 6, but Legacy also claims to be season 6... Just saying.

And personally, Legacy is bad fanfiction. I've read fanfiction written by those authors and hardly recognized my beloved characters so... no, not canon.

Comment

When it comes to 'extended universe' type stories and continuations I generally agree that the fans decide for themselves what they accept as canon, which is usually only what is on screen.

If these comics prove themselves in their quality I could see some people accepting them as Season 6, but I'd also totally understand if people don't regard them as such. If anything you could call them Unofficial Seasons and that satisfies most people. I think the term 'fanon' is also used, noting a well told story that is as good as the official material but is still fanfiction.

The idea of SG-1, SGA and SGU possibly being considered fanfiction because they didn't involve Emmerich or Devlin is actually a pretty fair point

Comment

Now at 11 and a half K. 1 more thousand to reach the first stretch goal.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

so close.... I really hope they make the first stretch goal. I think it would really help sell the comics.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree. I think a series recap could help sell the series to new fans who know nothing of the series as well as helping fans whose SGA knowledge may be a bit rusty. Just $659 to go! With six days left of the kickstarter campaign I'm really hopeful that it will reach the goal.

Comment

Momentum seems to have really slowed down. We need to get sharing again!
                sigpic

Comment

$224 from stretch goal number 1 now!

But yeah, it has definitely slowed down a good bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Momentum seems to have really slowed down. We need to get sharing again!
                    From the Kickstarters I've supported, that's pretty normal. Usually the first few days and the last couple days have the most activity

Comment

Today has been very hit and miss for the Kickstarter, with multiple people backing out or reducing their pledge amount and then others pledging. Now it's more or less back on track only $1 less than it began the day on.

Comment

It's like a yo-yo.

Comment

It's met and exceeded the goal so that's the important thing. It'd just be really nice to keep hitting more goals.
                          sigpic

Comment

Its reached the first stretch goal! Now I just hope it can stay above that threshold without dipping below it. I'm so happy that the Kickstarter has received the support it has. With 4 days left I wonder if the second stretch goal can be reached - I doubt it but it'd be great if it did!

Comment

Fantastic news! I'm not too sure it'll reach the next gaol but it's great to actually know our fandom has been at least this supportive.

I hope it is repeated for the Universe campaign.
                              sigpic

Comment

Considering the less than spectacular backing for SGA -- a few hundred the fandom don't make. SGU is doomed to fail.

Comment

Working...
                                X