Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$668 over the funding goal! If this keeps up I think by the end of its run the campaign can definitely get to the first stretch goal!

I wonder which of the arcs will deal with these presently unknown aliens. How would anyone feel about Season 6 as an almost reboot? Similar to how the Ori overtook the Goa'uld as the main antagonist in Season 9 of SG-1? Or would you prefer the Wraith remain the primary Big Bad and that these grey aliens (or Greyliens, as I like calling them) are a secondary threat?

Comment

After the Legacy book series I've had enough Wraith to be honest. Especially with the few times they've even popped up in SG-1 books.

Comment

I have not read any of the Stargate books so I'm not as oversaturated by the Wraith. I'm only a few pages into the first Legacy books so I wonder how I'll feel after finishing the series.

I do think that the Wraith are an important part of SGA so I wouldn't want to see them go away. I do think that some more variation in threats and obstacles is a good thing though. I'd love to see the Vanir return and how the tenaion between them and the expedition would play out.

Comment

The Venir were originally supposed to play a larger role in Season 6. I'd really love to see them a more active bad guy. Especially as we have the other Asgard's tech now and it would be a more even battle.

I love the Legacy books but I was disappointed with the 2 parter at the end that included the Vanir. Felt very rushed.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I wouldn't want to see the Vanir as *bad* per se, just very morally grey when it comes to things that benefit them. We have no idea what they want to use the remaining half of Janus' device for. It'd be great to see them in opposition against Atlantis but also as an uneasy ally with them against the Wraith.

Comment

Keep the Wraith - they are the Atlantis bad guys since day one. Add a little spice from later seasons, but not the replicators (had enough of those).

But I'd rather they don't listen to the fans and keep them as far away from their project as is humanly possible - story-wise. Money-wise, they just need to stay out of my pocket.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think they should take any constructive criticism they may receive on board, but I agree that I wouldn't want them to just do anything the fans wanted. They should do what is best for the story, which is what the writers have said they are doing, at least in their opinion.

I'd love to see them dig deeper into the mythos if the Wraith and make them a bit more morally and conceptually interesting than they have been in the past. Space vampires are cool and all but I think they're missing some depth to them. Todd was a step in the right direction towards this end imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                  ...a bit more morally and conceptually interesting...
                  How so?

They are/were at the top of the food chain in a manner of speaking (rather literally too ). And Todd never did anything that didn't bring him any sort of gain.

Comment

For example: when Keller proposed the gene therapy to take away the Wraith's need to feed, Todd mused what the Wraith would become without their prime motivator being human food supply. Could the Wraith be more than they are if they weren't driven by hunger? Would any of the Wraith even want a life beyond feeding? They are ideas that add a layer or two to the Wraith as a whole.

To me Todd was more interesting than most other Wraith because he could do just that, think beyond food. He could see a bigger picture and manipulated his way to the top. He worked with Atlantis to destroy the Wraith's greatest threat in 10,000 years, the Replicators, and he used Teyla as a means of cementing himself as a leader of a united faction of Wraith. Yes, he was all about looking out for himself, but that made him so much more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                      For example: when Keller proposed the gene therapy to take away the Wraith's need to feed, Todd mused what the Wraith would become without their prime motivator being human food supply. Could the Wraith be more than they are if they weren't driven by hunger? Would any of the Wraith even want a life beyond feeding? They are ideas that add a layer or two to the Wraith as a whole.
                      Change scares the living daylights out of every race apparently.

Comment

I think the Wraith need to be a key focus as villains. I just got tired of the direction they went with in the Legacy novels. I don't know, it started to seem too much like glorified fan fiction I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                          I don't know, it started to seem too much like glorified fan fiction I guess...
                          ...which it basically was/is.

Comment

Well, any tie in media could be called that. I understand the original show creators weren't involved but if MGM gives them approval to write new stories then it is official canon, not fan fiction.

In relation to the original movie the TV series could be called fan fiction since the movie guys weren't involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                              Well, any tie in media could be called that. I understand the original show creators weren't involved but if MGM gives them approval to write new stories then it is official canon, not fan fiction.
                              Sorry dude, not canon.

Cause what would these comics be then? They are season 6, but Legacy also claims to be season 6... Just saying.

And personally, Legacy is bad fanfiction. I've read fanfiction written by those authors and hardly recognized my beloved characters so... no, not canon.

Comment

If you think about, anything that was made outside if the show runners' control is basically fanfiction. Although, if MGM outright said that these comics were a canon S6, would anyone consider them canon? I've known comic continuations of other shows where people flat out refuse to acknowledge them as canon.

Comment

Working...
                                X