Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it comes out this Wednesday

https://www.previewsworld.com/Search?q=Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
      Poll is up on the main page asking, "Are you reading the new ATLANTIS and SGU comic books?":
      https://www.gateworld.net/
      Unsurprisingly it's largely a resounding "no".
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, kind of what I expected. Still disappointing though

Comment

Poll is up on the main page asking, "Are you reading the new ATLANTIS and SGU comic books?":
          https://www.gateworld.net/
          I'm missing the option "Not yet" ... therefore, I answered no cause I'm not reading them.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
            Looks like it comes out this Wednesday

https://www.previewsworld.com/Search?q=Stargate
            My local just got in touch. They've received this ready for tomorrow.
            sigpic

Comment

Guess I’ll be visiting my local comic shop this weekend!

Comment

I flipped through a copy of someone else's Anthology #1 and will skip buying this one, as an SGA only buyer. The SGA story is set 2 weeks before Back to Pegasus and was largely a cast of characters I did not recognize with a dedication piece for "all the 'other guys' out there-- the true believers and behind-the-scenes folks who make things work." Maybe the characters were Kickstarter cameos and/or AM team cameos?

The SGU one takes place during Gauntlet and does look great, especially for Camile fans, with color-rich artwork of the cast, the ship interiors, and spacescapes, along with her fond thoughts and reflections.
                Last edited by WraithTech; 15 February 2018, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  Unsurprisingly it's largely a resounding "no".
                  Pity -- it's gone, and I'd like to have seen the results.

I'm curious how many people were "I started reading them, then stopped", which is the majority of anecdotal feedback I've received.
                  Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

The poll had a couple hundred people voting, results something along the lines of 67% No, 20% Yes Both, and the rest divided among Yes SGA Only or Yes SGU Only.

If the comics came out on a consistent and on-time basis, continued readership might be higher. As it is, I rely on this thread for updates, because there are a handful of us here checking and posting when a new issue is available and what is going on with the plots after such lengthy breaks in time.

Comment

Irregular releases are murder for something like this -- which puts me off of things on a regular basis.

And we're not a comic book reading nation -- not the way Americans know comic books that is.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I flipped through a copy of someone else's Anthology #1 and will skip buying this one, as an SGA only buyer. The SGA story is set 2 weeks before Back to Pegasus and was largely a cast of characters I did not recognize with a dedication piece for "all the 'other guys' out there-- the true believers and behind-the-scenes folks who make things work." Maybe the characters were Kickstarter cameos and/or AM team cameos?

The SGU one takes place during Gauntlet and does look great, especially for Camile fans, with color-rich artwork of the cast, the ship interiors, and spacescapes, along with her fond thoughts and reflections.
                        I picked up mine and the mrs' copies yesterday. I wasn't too keen on this one. The Atlantis issue just felt too rushed and incoherent and the art wasn't the greatest. The Universe one looked great but I just don't felt like it really did anything or offered me anything new. The whole issue felt like a waste.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was SO EXCITED for the comics. I bought the first couple of Atlantis, and then gave up. I bought the first SGU one, and was so disgusted with how bad it was, I didn't buy any more.

It's clearly non-canon (thank goodness) and I have to hope that MGM drop this publisher soon. It's a shame that the comics are just so bad.

I did the 'look inside' on Amazon with the Atlantis/SGU crossover issue, and...I just don't understand what I'm seeing. It is so incoherent.

Surely we can do better than this?

Comment

The anthology is marked anthology #1. If more anthologies are forthcoming, it would be helpful if they were marketed as bonus material (not essential to the main arcs) and also released *after* the main arc comics, so that it doesn’t feel as if the bonus material "cut in line" for printer time during these dreaded delays. Singularity #1 is nearly a month past due and still no sign of a revised release date.
                            Last edited by WraithTech; 26 February 2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

The anthology is marked anthology #1. If more anthologies are forthcoming, it would be helpful if they were marketed as bonus material (not essential to the main arcs) and also released *after* the main arc comics, so that it doesn’t feel as if the bonus material "cut in line" for printer time during these dreaded delays. Singularity #1 is nearly a month past due and still no sign of a revised release date.
                              It's pretty standard that comics do that, AFAIK. They mark something as #1 for cataloging purposes, even if there's never going to be a #2. But I could be wrong

In this case, I really hope there isn't a #2. I would have to say that it's an all-time low for the SG franchise. The SGU short is okay, but the Atlantis one just does not make any sense whatsoever. It just feels so....random. Can anybody explain what the heck is going on in the story? A group of random people put a new power supply in, then the characters start talking in gibberish. It really doesn't feel like a coherent story at all.

At $4 a pop, I would expect at least some kind of story editing going on

Comment

Question for Darren: Do people from MGM read these threads to get our feedback? It would be nice for them to know what fans are thinking about licensed material too.

Comment

Working...
                                X