Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Season Six Comics!

I'm not particularly familiar with Kickstarter so I have no idea whether additional shipping fees are standard or not. It is a shame but if you're in the US I think shipping might be free, the additional costs are for international shipping.

If there's anyone on here who does want to support the Kickstarter but are wary of additional shipping costs there are two options available for you: Chevron 1 and Chevron 2.

(I'm sorry if I sound like a PR rep or something I'm just super stoked for this and want it to do the best it can!)

First Lieutenant

Appreciate the heads up. I backed them

Chief Master Sergeant

I just had a thought: for anybody who wants to support the comics but can't for whatever reason pledge to the Kickstarter, a great way to help is simply raise awareness. The more people that know about the campaign hopefully the more people will pledge and get involved! =D

So get on those social media outlets and let everyone know =P I'll be making a tumblr post about it shortly.

I'm sharing this too. I'll be pledging shortly too. I really want the Chevron 8 pledge but I think I'd be more interested in that for the Universe series. Just curious as to if they'll Kickstart that series too.

They're not doing bad either. Already at 3K.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Con Man did better in just 2 days...

If they need Kickstarter to get this show on the road (in a manner of speaking) then I have more doubts than I care to admit.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Chief Master Sergeant

As far as I'm aware, American Mythology have so far been the only company who have approached MGM about creating comics for SGA. Or if there have been other proposals from companies MGM hasn't gone for them.

That's what I understand based off of the following interview between the two co-writers and a russian Stargate fansite.

http://atlantis-tv.ru/interview/mark...s-and-jcvaughn

I think it also stems from the fact that this company seems to be a fairly recent creation but is helmed by people with decades of experience in the industry. They just need a bit of a push to get things going, as major licensing deals, labour and publishing cost a lot of money. The two writers hope that this project could be so successful that it will make MGM re-evaluate the lack of focus on the Stargate franchise.

Nearly halfway there after a day. It's going way better than I thought it would - our fandom seems quite dismissive towards EU projects like this so I'm quite pleased.

They're only a small company so that's more than likely why they need the boost. I'm happy to help.

I'm more concerned of the longterm effect.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Interesting article...

However, I'm officially out:

MLH: Yes, we will. Definitely. Every character you saw on SGA that didn’t die in the course of the series is fair game for storytelling purposes and we’ve got some cool ideas cooking so stay tuned!

First Lieutenant

Why are you out?

Chief Master Sergeant

Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I'm in. As far as I'm concerned Ford is dead, but if they can whip up a plausible story as to how he survived then sure let's do it - I always did wish that Ford had a bit more to do on the show.

This makes me infinitely more excited at the idea of Weir somehow returning. Her storyline in S4 and S5 was so badly handled and I'd love for her to have a chance at coming back. I'm not sure who else could come back.

Also:
    The kickstarter has passed half of its funding goal! 58 backers and $5,122/$10,000 funded! I just hope more people hear about it and get involved.

I've joined fan groups on Facebook, posted about it on Tumblr, retweeted a bunch, but I still fear that not many people are becoming aware. Would it be worth making a news post on the forums specifically to highlight this Kickstarter?

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

There have already been several other threads created to promote the SGA/SGU comics and the Kickstarter appeal.
    We've been closing them down to refer readers to this thread, as per normal policy regarding fan campaigns.

If you'd like Darren to consider running a feature on the GW Homepage,write to him at the [email protected] address.

First Lieutenant

More info in the new comics

Comic article

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    Why are you out?
    Because my favorite character died and will not return.
    There was a teeny tiny bit of hope which was crushed to itty-bitty pieces. I'm always hoping (to usually getting it crushed) but shall have to accept that no one deems her important enough to bring her back.

I'll just stick to the virtual season 6 where she does return.

They don't say there's no chance of bringing dead characters back. And even if it is Weir (I'm assuming), she wasn't actually killed per se. You seem to be looking for reasons not to support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    They don't say there's no chance of bringing dead characters back. And even if it is Weir (I'm assuming), she wasn't actually killed per se. You seem to be looking for reasons not to support this.
    It's not Weir, and she didn't die (or so I assume).

Chief Master Sergeant

Who are you referring to then? The only female character of note that definitely died on SGA that I can think of is Kate Heightmeyer? (I think I spelt that right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Hive View Post
    Who are you referring to then? The only female character of note that definitely died on SGA that I can think of is Kate Heightmeyer? (I think I spelt that right.)
    That is indeed correct, and she's the one I refer to. She so happens to be my personal favorite character.
    And yes, I know only in 5 episodes, not important in the grand scheme things (after all, she was only the psychologist - just a red shirt in the long lines of red shirts...).

They've cracked 6k! Just hope the momentum is kept up!

Worth noting: Kickstarter projects generally do a good deal of their pledges in the beginning phase, then peter out until near the end, followed by a bit of a final blitz. Definitely a good idea to spread the word; you might be surprised how abruptly "wow, already at x!" frequently becomes "...what the hell happened?"