Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, no announcements for the next arc are worrisome. A couple years seems to be the lifespan for a publisher to produce Stargate comics

Comment

I actually quite liked Singularity #1. No real complaints with this. Love that the idea of a Gate Hub has actually made it into something published (had the idea for a fan fic way back) and they're actually using it.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It’s a great way to expand the Stargate universe. I hope they get to do something cool with it like find a new galaxy to explore or maybe even connect to Destiny.

Comment

Well it certainly looks like a Destiny gate Walter and Chuck use!
          sigpic

Comment

I thought so too! Maybe they are planning a crossover? Lots of potential here

Comment

If they do a crossover, I hope it is done in a way that SGA customers are not expected to have to buy the SGU issues and vice versa, or I am out! Especially due to the delays, keeping track of one set of comics is difficult enough. (IDW had gotten into crossing over Transformers comic lines and I gave up on them, even on a regular monthly release schedule.)

Comment

I can understand that. I dropped Transformers comics when they started the shared Hasbro Universe. I had no interest in Actiin Man, MASK, GIJoe, ROM and now Visionarries. Rumor is the IDW Transformers books may be rebooting soon though

Comment

The stuff they have done with the SGU elements appearing in the SGA comics has made sense so far. It seems reasonable that an Ancient such as Janus would make full use of all of his own culture's history and tech. The objects are there without intruding on the storyline and they are explained well enough, in case readers haven't seen SGU or are not as familiar with it. For something bigger, AM would really need to commit to a regular release schedule and have "Busy Barlow" do a lot of explaining among those books. (I will check out IDW Transformers again if they reboot and keep it to Transformers only.)
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 20 March 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Looks like we know when the SGU comic is ending

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...ine-this-year/

Comment

Hopefully someone else will take up the reins.
                      sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Hopefully we hear something about the next arc for SGU and SGA sometime in the summer or fall

Comment

“Singularity” Issue #1 is out now. Issue #2 is currently slated for a June 27 release, and the series will wrap up with #3 later this year.
                          https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...h-singularity/

These dreaded delays! Issue #3 was supposed to be June 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                            Looks like we know when the SGU comic is ending

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...ine-this-year/
                            Ok, anyone else look at this article yesterday or earlier today? Wasn't there a piece about the cancelled Icarus comic? The one based on ideas from Cooper, leading up to Air part, about Rush, Young, Grier, and Telford. Did they remove that part of the article sometime today?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                              Ok, anyone else look at this article yesterday or earlier today? Wasn't there a piece about the cancelled Icarus comic? The one based on ideas from Cooper, leading up to Air part, about Rush, Young, Grier, and Telford. Did they remove that part of the article sometime today?
                              There were a few paragraphs about Icarus. Sent you a PM in case GW does not want that posted at this time.

Comment

Thanks! I like to archive this kind of info. Just noticed the bottom of the article says it was revised. Odd. This same comic was solicited and cancelled by Dynamite Entertainment as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X