Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    I can view them fine through the browser.
    Yeah, apparently they were added to the browser too, which wasn't the case earlier.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have a question:

Stargate Universe vol. 1 is the collection of the 6 Universe comics. Does this mean, this is one story? With a beginning, middle and end?

Stargate Atlantis vol. 1 and 2 is the collection of Back to Pegasus & Gateways? Or am I wrong?

I found a comic seller in Belgium which sells these volumes (bar SGA 2 since that hasn't been released yet) and I'm thinking about buying them.

Can't read them on SGC anyway and that's not going to change. I think I'll give American Mythology that 20 euro instead.

Comment

*Fingers crossed*

The long-delayed Stargate Atlantis: Singularity #3 is officially scheduled for release this Wednesday (Oct. 24).

Comment

Sgu vol 1 is all 6 issues.

Sga vol 1 is the first two minis and vol 2 is the 3rd and 4th

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
            Sgu vol 1 is all 6 issues.

Sga vol 1 is the first two minis and vol 2 is the 3rd and 4th
            Thank you!

Then I know what to do later today.

Comment

No problem! That pretty much cover their comics till they get the anthology comic out

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanMyt...U-Aw&__tn__=-R

The new Anthology Ongoing series starts today.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanMyt...U-Aw&__tn__=-R

The new Anthology Ongoing series starts today.
                  I picked up my copy on Wednesday. Glad to see the SG:U story follows the events of the post-series comic book miniseries. I'm not so sure about the Atlantis portion -- it could take place in either Season 5 or after the fourth story arc of the American Mythology comic book series.

Comment

So I just finished reading all 6 issues of SGU ...

I genuinely wonder if my expectations were too high? I thought that too many things were clearly against established Stargate canon and thus made everything pretty convenient and most things lacked tension.
                    I'm still mad they made Eli thin. The art was pretty hit and miss, too.

Is SGU continuing? I honestly don't know if I want to bother continuing on with it. Knowing AM though it'll be another 3 years before its finished ...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                      Is SGU continuing? I honestly don't know if I want to bother continuing on with it. Knowing AM though it'll be another 3 years before its finished ...
                      The SG:U comic story is already continuing in the Stargate Anthology series. The first issue is out now and -- *fingers crossed* -- the second issue comes out this week (Jan. 9).

I'm not sure how many more issues have been solicited (if any) or when they'll be released (if ever), but your 3-year estimation may not be too far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                        I'm still mad they made Eli thin. The art was pretty hit and miss, too.
                        Maybe they based this Eli of the current figure of David, which is much less weighty than what he was in SGU.

Comment

I picked up the second issue yesterday. Pretty much the same sort of standards we've been getting so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

I picked up the second issue yesterday. Pretty much the same sort of standards we've been getting so far.
                            And where does that align on the good/bad line?

Comment

It's okay. Nothing special. I've yet to be really impressed with any of the artwork on from Stargate comics.
                              sigpic

Comment

- AM tells me SGA/SGU Ongoing Anthology #3 hits stores 1/23. These are individual isue comics.
                                - Icarus was cancelled by the licence holder.

I already have both volumes of sga and also sgu vol1. Altogether I like the idea of comic continuation. The artworks improved over time, but storywise...
                                I believe most Stargate fans here could come up w/ something better.
                                - I've decided to support the comics, while being fully aware they aren't great , but they're still something ( better than Origins)
                                I wish future comics would be way more ballsier and in the end, mgm should let Wright, Cooper and Mallozzi finish sga and sgu how they originally envisioned it. Via comics/movie(s)?
                                Why not do a new tv show to tie loose ends and build something new and original within the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X