Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else ready Universe #6? Gotta say, not a great read. Felt like they rushed to wrap it all up as soon as possible

Comment

The whole SGU arc was a little disappointing IMHO. I think they did a better job with Atlantis.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Agreed.

You know, I always thought comics would be the perfect place to showcase other SG teams. Maybe revisit places and races from the shows. Bring in the big guns when a story hit critical mass. Probably not something MGM would go for though...

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
          You know, I always thought comics would be the perfect place to showcase other SG teams. Maybe revisit places and races from the shows. Bring in the big guns when a story hit critical mass. Probably not something MGM would go for though...
          I would like that, but we have fanfiction for that sort of thing.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

True I suppose. Never delved into the fanfiction world. Any recommendations?

Comment

I asked Fandy about it once at a convention because I'd love to see a novel spin-off with a different team but the response was that it's not expected to be something that'd sell or many people would be interested in because it's not the core teams.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                True I suppose. Never delved into the fanfiction world. Any recommendations?
                Depends what you would like to read. Archive of Our Own has a decent amount of fanfic in a wide variety of topics and with a wide variety of characters too.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Depends what you would like to read. Archive of Our Own has a decent amount of fanfic in a wide variety of topics and with a wide variety of characters too.
                  Cool. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Words cannot express my disappointment. The SG-U comics were a waste of a long time waiting, and now they're done with a crap story that went nowhere. Would have been better not to bother.

The Atlantis stories are a little better, but still a whole lot of meh.

And after Origins with MGM and SGC....nothing. For all the 'it's coming back' euphoria, we're back to the same drizzle of dreck.

Time to move on...

Comment

Wow, I haven't posted here since February and Singularity STILL hasn't been wrapped up? I'm disappointed but not surprised.

I've just purchased the last 3 SGU issues I've yet to catch up on as well as the 2 Singularity issues. Even though I've read that the SGU comics are kind of pointless I still kind of want to support AM in the slim chance that continued sales will prove to MGM that there's still interest in Stargate.

Comment

I looked for a sign of the comics at the convention I went to last weekend but there was literally not a trace to be found with regards to stargate themed stuff. Like it didn't even exist.

Comment

I always hunt for Stargate stuff at cons, always come away disappointed. I doubt sales have been great for the series. My local shop only gets in copies for me, nothing for the new release shelf

Comment

The first 3 issues of Universe and the first 6 of Atlantis are now available to All Access on SGC.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              The first 3 issues of Universe and the first 6 of Atlantis are now available to All Access on SGC.
                              Through the app only, for the record.

And they are also up for sale on the American Mythology website. I checked yesterday but neglected to check for shipping because eh... I forgot about shipping.

I got a glimpse of the comics on SGC and perhaps I'll buy them for the sake of something stargate. Though, depending on shipping cause if I have to pay twice as much for shipping I'm just gonna hold of.

Comment

I can view them fine through the browser.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X