Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the reader set is just the three gateways issues

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
      I think the reader set is just the three gateways issues
      Same here. That is a lot of stuff slated for June releases though, including a Hearts and Minds collector cover. Here's to hoping the Singularity #2 will be out on or before that date.

Comment

Midtown has the Anthology Ongoing #1 up for advance order. The SGA one is sounding like Wraithfall 2.0, with Teyla onboard the hive rather than John: "And 'Wraith Sense' Teyla must rely upon her innate abilities to survive in a nightmarish Wraith hive."

After the 12 part SGA arc, this feels extra anti-climactic. Another epic space battle plot is in order, such as To Align the Stars. I wonder if they don't have the money for that and combined the SGA and SGU stuff to try to get the last bit of sales out of both customer sets?

Also, the Anthology Ongoing has no artist-drawn cover art on any variant?
        Last edited by WraithTech; 23 April 2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

TAtS wasn't really about 'epic space battles', but three was a very, very, very, very ancient battle in there!
          Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Ah, well. TAtS still sounds epic and has intrigue, the way the currently running 12 part SGA arc does. I don't want to see the mystery lost, but, if that happens, I am enjoying this current plot and want to see
            Spoiler:
            how Janus responds to Elizabeth now that she is standing in front of him, as he can no longer blame John, and if he will want to or even be able to call off his attack squad. The word Singularity could refer to 1) the state, fact, quality, or condition of being singular, 2) a point at which a function takes an infinite value, especially in space-time when matter is infinitely dense, as at the center of a black hole, and/or 3) a hypothetical moment in time when artificial intelligence and other technologies have become so advanced that humanity undergoes a dramatic and irreversible change.

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me track down a variant cover I missed for hearts & minds #1? There was a Larocque color signed cover released in January but my local comic shop missed it and it seems to be sold out online, at least on the sites I can find that list it. Anyone get one? Or have a comic shop with it in stock?

Comment

I searched and could not find it, but have these 2 ideas:

The latest AM email has a phone number at the bottom, to see if they have one in backstock or know an option:
                https://shoutout.wix.com/so/8MA9G5Z-...403de1da#/main

Midtown Comics has a wishlist feature to notify you if someone sells one back to them:
                https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/...earts+_1692368

I hope you can find it!

Comment

Thanks! I’ll give them a call.

Comment

For the SGU readers, Back to Destiny #5 is up on Midtown as of 6/20, along with some signed cover variants of other prior SGU and SGA issues. They keep sneaking those signed variants in.

EDIT: found more stuff forthcoming - SGA shirts and Icarus #0!

To find them, search for "Stargate" and sort the results by date.
                    https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/...16@@q=Stargate
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 20 June 2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Weird...I'm guessing that Icarus is a mistake, at least the cover, because it still has my name on it, and AFAIK they didn't produce my scripts.

It would be nice if they did...but I haven't heard anything from AM about it.
                      Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Wasn't a big fan of the last Universe issue. Just seemed like not much really happened and half the comic was a preview for something else...
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

SGA Singularity #2 can now be added to shopping carts at Midtown, to be released 7/25.

I am curious if the issue will say more about
                          Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth's return and her backstory, how she found the team, her life as an Asuran with her own looks back, etc. Maybe she can tell it while confronting Janus. But if not, that's cool too. Just nice to see her back.
                          Last edited by WraithTech; 19 July 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

SGA Singularity #2 is out today.

Spoiler:

Poor gate travelers!

The Janus fans maybe will be happier with these developments, that maybe he is back in character? BTW, it's nice to not blame all Ancients in the plot, just focusing on one individual's actions or a faction's actions.

Did a small group of the grey beings just set the others free from Ancient control... or just transfer control to a new leader who will use the rest of them? A tyrant? Page 11 talks about deactivating the protocol and page 14 shows something happening in the wiring on the faces of others and they start shooting. Are they laying down ground cover to just get away or are they going to be hostile in the next issue? Hmmmm.

Now that Weir is Asuran, another made race by the Ancients, will that change how this grey race is seen by either Janus or the New Lanteans? Like the Asurans, these grey beings are children of the Ancients, seeming to be declaring their independence, or at least a few of them.

(There needs to be an official name for this race and culture and also their leader, even if it is quasi-canon only for this series. Calling them aliens in their own galaxy where they are actually natives, by their skin tone, or by the Daedalus Variations episode they first appeared in are such superficial references but all the audience has right now.)

No Todd again. If he still doesn't appear by the next issue, the last of this arc, maybe the New Lanteans (hopefully) let him go back to his alliance.

Update 12/9/2018: Nevermind my questions, as Singularity #3, SGA book 12/12, really blew it. Agreed with the post below which says, "Words cannot express my disappointment." I will not be buying any more of these comics.
                            Spoiler:

The ending was abrupt, as if the creators ran out of time and space and didn't plan ahead well enough.

After Janus' slaves secure their own freedom, they are erased, Thanos-style, while Janus, the enslaver and destroyer of worlds, gets to ascend away with Weir, in an almost shippy way. If the slaves were just going to be killed, why develop them? No attempt was made to contact the ex-slaves to let them know Janus was gone or to promise them the New Lanteans would not enslave them. The fight should have ended when Janus ascended. No need to make the New Lanteans into Thanos.

Elizabeth, as an ascended being, should not have been able to interfere.

Characters randomly appeared and disappeared with no explanation, such as Larrin, Todd, Ladon Radim, and the Pegasus High Council. The Lord Protectorate can remain stuck in a closet on the Daedalus somewhere, but these other characters needed better transitions or explanations. Did the New Lanteans win the Hearts and Minds of the High Council? What happened to Larrin especially?

Todd randomly appearing at the end with hints of a future plot involving a Wraith faction making a weapon which could wipe out all life makes no sense, unless said Wraith faction is also suicidal.

The Queen in the Kickstarter never appeared, which was misleading.

The whole Chuck and Walter subplot, killing random uninvolved Wraith, and the Todd and Shen whumping scene, as Common Ground 2.0, should have been cut from previous issues to make room for better character transitions such as for Larrin and to give Janus' freed slaves their own lives or at least an attempt to communicate with them to offer peace terms. Chuck and Walter are going to be getting their own anthology episode as it is.
                            Last edited by WraithTech; 09 December 2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

The new issue of Universe should be out today.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Wonder if we’ll get a second Universe story, aside from the upcoming anthology stories?

Comment

Working...
                                X