Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's actually been released today!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Awesome!

Anyone else notice that they’ve cut back on the number of variant covers lately?

Comment

I noticed Midtown and other shops selling out of many covers of Hearts and Minds 1 and 2. I wonder if there were fewer printed. Maybe they they expect people to go for the trade paper backs and cut back on the single books.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis Singularity #1 is slated for Jan 31 and will have 3 covers:
          https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV171189

https://www.newsarama.com/37119-amer...citations.html

Comment

For Hearts and Minds #3, I am a bit lost. Mostly, I don't understand
            Spoiler:

*what John did on page 9 - ram his ships into the enemy ship and beam out at the last minute?
            *who came forward on page 11
            *what the device on the stargate is on page 14
            *who is Woolsey talking to on page 14
            *who is the woman on page 20 (who must be important because she gets her own full page!)

Also, no Todd again for the third issue in a row. I did order both variant covers with Wraith on them, though, and appreciate the art on cover C which has detailed artistry on all the Wraith characters and drawing that stargate by pencil is extra impressive!
            Last edited by WraithTech; 22 November 2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
              For Hearts and Minds #3, I am a bit lost. Mostly, I don't understand
              Spoiler:

*what John did on page 9 - ram his ships into the enemy ship and beam out at the last minute?
              *who came forward on page 11
              *what the device on the stargate is on page 14
              *who is Woolsey talking to on page 14
              *who is the woman on page 20 (who must be important because she gets her own full page!)
              Spoiler:
              -That was my first though too but you can also see them ringing something (I assume a bomb) onto the ship.
              - The minister of that planet that refused Janus and he tried to destroy.
              - Plot point for a future episode.
              - Leader of that Alliance that formed and tried to try Atlantis back in Season 5. I think the previous comics have had something to do with them.
              - It's Weir! In her Replicator body from Ghost in the Machine.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you! The plot intro on that last page is fascinating.

Comment

Looks like SGU 3 got pushed to 12/13

Comment

They're really struggling with these schedules.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep, really kills the momentum of the stories.

Comment

Especially with the delays, the cues Gateways had would be helpful again when minor characters or planets reappear, such as captions saying "This was the planet from episode XYZ" or working characters' names or organizations into the dialogue. That way, it will be clear who shadowy figures on monitors or zoomed out characters are.

Speaking of such things... I think maybe this is the device on page 14 of Hearts and Minds #3
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, I’m completely forgetting what’s happened before. Best bet now is to wait till it’s done and just reread it.

And nice catch with the mystery device!

Comment

I generally try to re-read the preceding issues before reading the new one anyway. Always a good idea to have it fresh on the mind and it makes for a better experience anyway.
                            sigpic

Comment

3 cover variants for Singularity #2, tentative release date March 28th:
                              https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...-singularity-2

Comment

Have we had #1? I can't recall.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X