Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds awesome!

Comment

Ok, just reread that synopsis. Such potential. It explains the big mystery of how the Lucian Alliance new so much about Destiny, gives us backstory for Greer and Young and sets up the potential for continued stories! Great read and I want this comic!! Lol

Comment

I definitely have none of the power and influence over the studio that you seem to suggest. It's all I can do some days to keep GateWorld online!

Some of these unexplained story points from SGU still bug me, and it would be nice to get it fleshed out with some sort of prequel. How did the Lucian Alliance even learn the first thing about Destiny, let alone enough to commit the resources to try and seize it? By the end of the first season we learn about Telford being a plant and being brainwashed, so he'd be the obvious source for all kinds of intel ... but IIRC that circle was never closed on the screen.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          I definitely have none of the power and influence over the studio that you seem to suggest. It's all I can do some days to keep GateWorld online!
          Don't sell yourself short, Darren -- you're in a unique position to make a difference. Email me, and I'll tell you what i think.. (cryptic, I know )

The same things bugged me -- in Air, when the LA show up to blast the crap out of the Icarus base, it just seemed too convenient, and felt like a hollow story point just to drive the crew towards Destiny. That was one of the things I wanted to solve with the prequel -- hence planting all the evidence about ancients, ascension, Destiny, unlimited power and more on Vu's planet (called Haidon in the story).

The LA were interested in it, which got the SGC interested in it, which led to the recruitment of Rush, which led to the capturing of the Icarus planet, which pissed the LA off, and ... boom

Of course, consider all this to be a simple fanfic at this point coz it ain't happening
          Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Got an email that SGU Back to Destiny #4 was added to the AM shop:
            https://www.americanmythology.net/pr...larocque-cover

Comment

As you like Wraith, you might like this:

When I first pitched to AM, they asked for a story with Teyla, Ronon et al going on vacaction on Earth while Atlantis is in SF-Bay, so I wrote this story -- where they visit Ireland and get involved with some local legends with folks that might look familiar...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...zocuvPIw4/edit

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                I do like the Wraith a lot. I got into these current AM SGA comics because the Kickstarter and the first issue's wrap cover made it seem as if there could be an alliance with Todd and/or a Wraith Queen. Probably not by now, but I don't see them killing Todd.

Do you have any stories where the Wraith are not all killed off and are also written with the he/him and she/her pronoun sets they use and identify as on the show (and not it)?

Comment

That was my only wraith story, but because there was a rule of 'no wraith on Earth' (that I found out later), then it didn't happen

In this case the wraith was clearly female as 'Dearg Due' is the Irish legend of the 'Red Woman'

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post

When I first pitched to AM, they asked for a story with Teyla, Ronon et al going on vacaction on Earth while Atlantis is in SF-Bay, so I wrote this story -- where they visit Ireland and get involved with some local legends with folks that might look familiar...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...zocuvPIw4/edit
                    *grabs hold*

Oh, Ireland -- Irish folk tales -- Ireland -- Teyla and Ronon off galavanting together -- Ireland -- ... did I mention Ireland already?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So I really enjoyed SG Universe #4. I thought the artwork was an improvement and it felt like the story was moving along really nicely.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Agreed, it’s getting much better. Shame we have no idea if we’ll be getting anything after issue #6 since the authors are moving to another project

Comment

A new anthology ongoing has been announced!

http://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/1854258

https://twitter.com/atlantistvru/sta...85476542316546

Comment

"For SGA fans, American Mythology is planning a chilling Wraith story, of which more details will be coming very soon."
                            Given how bad Wraithfall by Avatar Press was, and also how the last AM anthology wasn't the most well-received either, I am deeply skeptical of this one. I will not order it right away, as I have been burned too many times by bad merchandise over the years. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by this one, but I won't get my hopes up.

Anthology Ongoing #1
                            Does Anthology Ongoing #1 mean these split stories will continue over several issues and not be resolved in issue #1? If so, the dreaded delays will be worse between issues, and why not make them their own standalone issues, as it would be inconvenient for the SGA or SGU only buyers and would come across as a money-making move (which would make me less inclined to buy)?

Comment

Wraithfall was indeed an odd story. Avatar’s SG-1 books were much better. The art was excellent

Comment

Previews World also has some of those trade paper backs GW wrote about:
                                SGU TPB: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR181258
                                SGA Gateways Reader Set: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR181271

Comment

Working...
                                X