Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Brakebills Teacher

Default Re: SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Ugh....killing me here...lol

Chief Master Sergeant

I think the likeness for the 2nd issue of SGU is supposed to be better. Believe I saw a tweet about it. It was a slow start so hopefully that also get better. As for them writing in Eli losing weight and them drawing him so thin, this actually excited me! If you have seen David Blue recently he has slimmed down tremendously. Soooo...why would they want to play in to what the actor currently looks like? Maybe because they want to it to tie in to a possible return of live action? Probably just a coincidence but I found it weird they spent so much time informing the reader why Eli is thin now just for the heck of it...

I've seen David Blue in recent months and he has indeed lost a few pounds, but depending on the timeline of the story -- it's not very realistic to loose a lot of weight in just a couple of months. That would basically mean something is very wrong on the health level.

If it's a longer period since last you would have seen Eli (at the end of SGU's run) then it is plausible to make him less weightier.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Chief Master Sergeant

I believe a scenario of barely eating enough to survive for almost 3 months could indeed create this sort of weight loss. If he was rationing to the extreme, which in this scenario I believe he would be forced to do, it is possible. And let's be honest, not everything in a tv series is always super realistic.

Brakebills Teacher

Yeah, given the circumstances I'd say it is reasonable. Just not a healthily or permanent method in normal scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Shiner833 View Post
    And let's be honest, not everything in a tv series is always super realistic.
    Unfortunately no...
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Chief Master Sergeant

It looks like Hearts and Minds #2 has been pushed back again to the 9th of August - I'm sure it was supposed to be coming out this week on the 26th? Sigh. I really wish the release schedule was more uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Hive View Post
    It looks like Hearts and Minds #2 has been pushed back again to the 9th of August - I'm sure it was supposed to be coming out this week on the 26th? Sigh. I really wish the release schedule was more uniform.
    American Mythology is notoriously late in shipping most of their books (not just the Stargate titles). I'm not sure they've ever delivered a Stargate comic within the intended month they originally solicited it for. It's frustrating, but it's just how American Mythology seems to operate.

The fourth arc of Stargate Atlantis comics will be titled "Singularity" per this Tweet:
    https://twitter.com/atlantistvru/sta...10427754704896

Brakebills Teacher

Looks like Hearts & Minds #2 is out on 8/9....for now...lol

"Hearts and Minds" #2 was a pretty good continuation for this arc. The artwork is still looking clean with solid story-telling. The stakes are raised in the main plot, but I really don't know where they're going with the Gate techs on the deserted planet subplot. Single issue comics are short enough; they really don't need the extraneous filler of a B story. Hopefully the techs' story dovetails with the main storyline soon.

Side note: Just before reading this issue, I read Sally Malcolm's SG:A short story at the end of the second prose anthology. Strangely enough, her tale was also about the importance of building & maintaining goodwill amongst the people of the Pegasus Galaxy -- winning "hearts and minds," as it were.

A happy coincidence.

"Hearts and Minds" #2...
    The colors and effects were great, such as the Ba-Whoom on page 19.
    Total cliffhanger!
    I miss Todd though. He kind of just vanished from the pages. Hopefully next issue he will return?
    Spoiler:
    Poor Nagasamir! I had liked the silver-haired gentleman there who spoke cordially and seemed to be peacemaker and leader among his people. I take it any grey aliens left behind were also blown up? I wonder, did the soldiers know their fate? Did they cause the explosion? Janus left them behind for some reason. When the High Council hears about it, a lost planet will resonate with Shiana.

As for the books, I stopped reading the non-Legacy ones. I feel this comic has been (so far) better at being respectful to all the alien races, in spite of the conflicts. If the books get better, I will give them another try. Being respectful to the people of Pegasus is a good start. I did like how the High Council appeared in the comics, as they are so often forgotten because of appearing in what was mostly just a flashback episode.
    Last edited by WraithTech; Yesterday at 12:48 PM.

They mentioned Todd, at least, so they haven't forgotten about him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    They mentioned Todd, at least, so they haven't forgotten about him yet.
    True; better than nothing! Being a visual/art person, I like to "see" everyone doing well, especially after all the whumping, LOL, and also to see different artist renditions of the characters. With all the different combinations of sketchers, inkers, and colorers, there is a rich variety.

The Queen from the Kickstarter still hasn't show up either... maybe I will end up doing fanart of a nonexistent character.

Oh, on page 17, there might be a
    Spoiler:
    spy, in the middle of the page, on the far left side, wearing a hood? An informant for Janus, perhaps? Or working for himself or someone else? He kind of looks like he is leering/paying too much attention. His face is too concealed to see if he is a known character or not. He looks suspicious.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/epVGITwvy07xC/html5
    Last edited by WraithTech; Yesterday at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTech View Post
    Oh, on page 17, there might be a
    Spoiler:
    spy, in the middle of the page, on the far left side, wearing a hood? An informant for Janus, perhaps? Or working for himself or someone else? He kind of looks like he is leering/paying too much attention. His face is too concealed to see if he is a known character or not. He looks suspicious.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/epVGITwvy07xC/html5
    I think you're right.

In regards to the side plot:
    Spoiler:
    Does it seem as if they are in a time dilation field? Their facial hair grew out and the glasses are long gone, suggesting months or years. I can't tell how much time has lapsed for the main plot, but it seems skewed. Geologic events were said to be speeding up. That would seem to suggest the work of an Ancient, such as the cave in "Epiphany." Maybe a trap Janus had hoped to catch John with, as more psychological warfare against him and to get him out of the way? He sure has it out for John. I am also curious how this will fit in with the main story line and how the trapped team members will return and if they will get their years back.