Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
    I believe American Mythology has a store on their website. I’ve never bought from there though. No idea if they have international shipping or not. Maybe try mycomicshop.com, see what their shipping is like.

They’ve got most of the Stargate comics from the various publishers in stock

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q...pubid=&PubRng=
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    Shipping is crazy high, because the comics come in thin boxes to prevent them from being bent.

I don't know of anywhere where one can order all of the paperback comics in one swoop, to bundle and save money, and don't recommend waiting, as some issues and covers seem to sell out before the next are released. American Mythology does look to have the best selection still available, but their shop is tough to navigate and they have been notably difficult to contact in the past if one has questions.

Amazon does have some paper copies, but check if they are fulfilled through Amazon, to take advantage of bulk shipping, vs independent sellers selling through Amazon who all would be charging separate shipping from separate locations.

Amazon does have the SGA volume 1 trade paper back, on sale right now, which can save money as well.
    Well, I'll check it out nonetheless.

Thank you all for the replies though. Much appreciated.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Besides the similarity of the "hearts and minds" theme Lorne found between the books and comic books, there is another upcoming similarity, a book featuring Janus as the cause of something the Lanteans have to clean up:
      http://stargatenovels.com/ndetail.ph...fRgSxw.twitter

Maybe the writers are cross-pollinating or getting ideas from one another? Maybe it is just coincidence?

As Super Hive pointed out, where did this interest in Janus come from? Is it because he is a named, repeat Ancient character and therefore familiar to choose for plots?

Comment

Besides the similarity of the "hearts and minds" theme Lorne found between the books and comic books, there is another upcoming similarity, a book featuring Janus as the cause of something the Lanteans have to clean up:
        http://stargatenovels.com/ndetail.ph...fRgSxw.twitter

Maybe the writers are cross-pollinating or getting ideas from one another? Maybe it is just coincidence?

As Super Hive pointed out, where did this interest in Janus come from? Is it because he is a named, repeat Ancient character and therefore familiar to choose for plots?
        I thought that was a strange coincidence, too. Given the lengthy amount of time between story proposal and actual publication, I'd have to say it's likely just a case of two (or three) writers coming up with a similar story idea completely separate from one another.

Comment

The ancients leaving behind messes, pre and post ascension, is kinda their legacy

Comment

How many of the messes had Janus' personal involvement? I had never thought about it before.

Comment

Not many that I can think of. The time travel jumper and the device the evil Asgard were after. Ancients in total cause lots of issues

Looks like the new novella is post legacy. There’s a preview chapter up on the site

Comment

The ancients leaving behind messes, pre and post ascension, is kinda their legacy
                It's what they do best.

How many of the messes had Janus' personal involvement? I had never thought about it before.
                If they kept score, I'm guessing Janus was "Messed-it-up-again" champion of the month quite a few times.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It looks like we will have to wait to see what Janus is up to-- no Singularity up anywhere yet, nor a new release date.

Comment

I'm still not feeling where the story is going with the SGA comics. Making
                    Spoiler:
                    Janus
                    the bad guy just feels so forced? At least the ending of Hearts and Minds #3 re-visited a plot thread that I wanted Season 5 to continue further. Singularity still looks like its a way off though?

SGU #3 seemed like it could have been #2 instead and they're an issue behind. Maybe I'm complaining too much but it just seemed so convenient the way things were resolved, but that could also be because of the comic format putting constraints onto the story telling.

Comment

After buying the whole 12 issue arc, about $50 USD will have been spent, more if not digital and shipping was required, and more if you did the Kickstarter. You certainly have the grounds to offer your reviews. Those costs add up!

Maybe they should have made the antagonist be a new character. That way, no on-screen character gets singled out for such bad deeds, yet, the story retains how the blame is all on one individual, as opposed to an entire demographic.

Comment

Poll is up on the main page asking, "Are you reading the new ATLANTIS and SGU comic books?":
                        https://www.gateworld.net/

Comment

An email went out from AM that an anthology was released:
                          https://www.gateworld.net/comics/atl...-anthology-1b/

Does this fit into the existing arcs?

EDIT: adding another link: https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds...dc11774fbd3235
                          Last edited by WraithTech; 11 February 2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I think the stories are set before the new comics. Hopefully it’ll get released someday

Comment

I think the stories are set before the new comics. Hopefully it’ll get released someday
                              It is available now: http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/s...gate+anthology

It kind of took me by surprise while waiting for the delayed Singularity issue.

Comment

Hmm, I’ve never saw it on the previews release lists nor at my local shop...unless it snuck out this past Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                                X