Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Season Six Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Arica15 View Post
    ...though in truth I'm hot a huge comic fan.....
    I think one could consider me a N00B when it comes to comics. I do have a few graphic novels.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Chief Master Sergeant

I understand any scepticism when it comes to being a newcomer to comics. I'm a huge Charmed fan and was utterly delighted when I heard that it was going to be continued in comic book form for a Season Nine (now on Season Ten!). The transition to waiting a month for new 'episodes' was hard at first but I got used to it. Going back and reading an entire story arc in a continuous run is so rewarding, as you'll pick up on things that you missed while reading them weeks in between.

I just hope whoever is doing the pencil work can replicate (ha!) the actors' likenesses fairly well. I don't think they have to be perfect - just recognisable enough so that the reader isn't confused. We have to wait until March for the first Issue - I just hope I don't explode with excitement in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And I'm thinking that they wouldn't and are not well-thought out... so bring on these comics and see what they do with the continuation.
    Yes please, because I could not tolerate those Legacy novels. I try not to even think about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythisrose View Post
    Yes please, because I could not tolerate those Legacy novels. I try not to even think about them.
    Hehe, really don't know why people are so negative about them, after all if I didn't enjoy a book/series having read the first one (maybe two if unsure), I wouldn't waste time & money on a further 6 books! Anyway, different strokes, for different folks … & as far as I'm concerned all SGA formats are very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mercy moon View Post
    Hehe, really don't know why people are so negative about them...
    I could say a few things that I find highly problematic, but I'm not gonna...

And I only needed one passage to hightail it out of Legacy.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by mercy moon View Post
    Hehe, really don't know why people are so negative about them, after all if I didn't enjoy a book/series having read the first one (maybe two if unsure), I wouldn't waste time & money on a further 6 books! Anyway, different strokes, for different folks … & as far as I'm concerned all SGA formats are very welcome!
    And I didn't manage to get through them. Looking forward to the comics.

Captain

I liked the Legacy books but that doesn't mean I think they were perfect, they had some major problems (particularly around the wraith and some of the characterisations) but overall I found them worth a read.

Now as I said before I don't love the comic book format but I'll take new SGA any old way I can get it. If that means putting up with hippy wraith, characters so out of character you'd swear they had been replaced by Zygones or indeed comics then I'll probably but it. Its better than a big fat nothing.

I am excited about the new comics, but I have to tell you the earlier SG-1's comics were poor. The drawing and and the stories were hardly acceptable. That is the reason I haven't got really high hopes for this new SG:A comics either. Earlier I would have said that anyything is better than nothing, I mean to revive the franchise from this coma state, but if the quality of the merchandise products are so low or unacceptable then they should rather bury the franchise until the new SG movie.
    Last edited by Platschu; November 9th, 2015 at 06:44 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    ...but if the quality of the merchandise products are so low or unacceptable then they should rather bury the franchise until the new SG movie.
    Much like the Lego (htat aren't Lego) Stargate sets. Very poor quality.

Exactly... Stargate : Worlds could have been the biggest support for SG brand, but even that MMO game was cancelled. Sometimes I feel that they believe we will buy everything what has got a Stargate logo on it.

But back to the comics. It is a bit worrying that the previous SG writers are not involved. And even this publusher seems to be just a tiny little fish in a giant pond in comparsion to the DC or Marvel.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Chief Master Sergeant

I'm willing to give them a fair chance. As long as the characters are clearly distinguishable from each other the actor's likenesses don't have to be perfect. Hopefully we'll be able to judge for ourselves when we get our hands on previews.

Since this is a licensed product from MGM and may well be an official continuation I think they'd want to put out a good product. So far, according to the writer, Mark Haynes, he's had positive reactions for his take on the story post Enemy at the Gate.

SG comic tweet 5.PNG

Also, this tweet from Mark Haynes suggests that there will be some comic news relatively soon! Technically it's a bit late but it's always the studio that gets the final say on divulging information:
    SG comic tweet 6.PNG

I will give them a chance and find out story details and art previews before I make a decision either way.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

First Lieutenant

Heck, I'll buy them regardless just to show there are still people out there that are interested in Stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by lightsyder View Post
    Heck, I'll buy them regardless just to show there are still people out there that are interested in Stargate.
    Aye, I'm with you. I'm not a comics guy, but I'll be one for SGA.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

I'm not much of a comics fan, but I'll be buying the SGA ones

I loved the Legacy novels (no they weren't perfect and the last book wasn't good but it was a fascinating take on the show...I learned to ignore one or two plot threads I disliked, but the rest of it held together very well)

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Chief Master Sergeant

American Mythology has teased an announcement for the comics due to be revealed in a few days! =D

https://twitter.com/AmericanMytho/st...61207993925634
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOL - Rodney's face.

Chief Master Sergeant

WANT TO BE A PART OF STARGATE ATLANTIS SEASON SIX?! Here's your chance!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...urce=hootsuite

American Mythology is launching a Kickstarter for the comics. They have some qmazing and very well themed pledge offerings, including being drawn into the comic as an extra or even having a speaking role! I could never have afforded it but there was an option to even have your character appear on the cover but all availability has been pledged.

There are 9 pledges left for being an extra and 5 left for having a speaking role (I've pledged the first one! ) If you want to see SGA Season 6 please pledge whatever support you can!

It's a shame that MGM aren't giving the series its full monetary support, but if we can raise over the initial goal there will be amazing extras like longer comic issues (up to 40 pages!) and bonus behind the scenes drawings and sketches! Also there's a chance for them to make a catch up comic which would really help bring in new fans!

It would be pretty amazing if this post/thread could get pinned or highlighted somehow by a mod.

Great, if you want something shipped you pay more. Yeah, that's not happening.

Good luck, with the kickstarter then!

First Lieutenant

MGM doesn't pay to have the comics done. The publisher buys the rights from MGM then it's up to them to get them made.