• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Darkness and the Light (205)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON TWO
    THE DARKNESS AND THE LIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205
    The team tries to adjust to the arrival of Dr. Wells' doppelganger from Earth-2, who has a tense relationship with Jay but crucial knowledge of Zoom. Meanwhile Barry squares off against a meta-human known as Dr. Light, only to learn that she is the double of someone he knows.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 November 2015, 11:11 PM.

Interesting episode. Wells2 still has me perplexed. I wonder what his end game is. There is no love lost between Wells2 and Jay.
    sigpic

Comment

Does it bother anyone else that they still keep referring to Thawne as Wells? They never really knew the real Earth1 Wells. And even if Earth2 Wells (Harry) is a dick, it's certainly not fair to him to keep comparing him to a body-snatching time traveller.
      sigpic

Comment

True but its what they know.. So its kind of ingrained into them for now.

As for 'wells 2' it was my initial impression he was there cause of wanting revenge on Zoom for KILLING his daughter. Not for kidnapping her.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
          Does it bother anyone else that they still keep referring to Thawne as Wells? They never really knew the real Earth1 Wells. And even if Earth2 Wells (Harry) is a dick, it's certainly not fair to him to keep comparing him to a body-snatching time traveller.
          No, It really doesn't bother me. That's what they knew his as...and they know the truth about him which is what matters.
          sigpic

Comment

I bet that Zoom is Barry from Earth2.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              Now that'd be a twist.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Based on the little we've seen of Zoom...he looks a bit too stocky to be Barry.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                  Yeah that does bother me a little bit. Harrison Wells was victimized by Eobard Thawne worse than anyone else. But even though they know this, they keep referring to his murderer and identity thief by his name.

The other thing that sort of is silly is that even people from the alternate Earth refer to their world as Earth-2 as if they know the show is set on Earth-1. Realistically they should be saying like "No, Cisco. I'M from Earth 1, THIS is Earth 2."

Also, LOL at the subtle Killer Frost reference from Caitlin. "I don't think any of us would suddenly turn evil if we had powers..."
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Finally someone who thinks the same as me

I know a famous actor is voicing him, but they've been fairly deliberate in the credits and elsewhere saying 'voice of zoom' rather than directly saying zoom, so I think they are going to do a star wars and ave a completely different actor in the role than who voiced it, plus the fact that the guy who is voicing zoom, is getting on a bit.

I have considered it could be the original Eobard Thawne too, who perhaps didn't take Well's identity on Earth2.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Yeah that does bother me a little bit. Harrison Wells was victimized by Eobard Thawne worse than anyone else. But even though they know this, they keep referring to his murderer and identity thief by his name.

The other thing that sort of is silly is that even people from the alternate Earth refer to their world as Earth-2 as if they know the show is set on Earth-1. Realistically they should be saying like "No, Cisco. I'M from Earth 1, THIS is Earth 2."

Also, LOL at the subtle Killer Frost reference from Caitlin. "I don't think any of us would suddenly turn evil if we had powers..."
                      That's true but they always knew him as Wells. I mean yes, they knew he was Thawne, but in their own minds they still knew him as Wells. Plus, from their perspective they can't know for certain that the same thing hasn't happened to this Wells, particularly since Jay makes it clear that he caused the dark matter reaction at star labs the same as Thawne did.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        That's true but they always knew him as Wells. I mean yes, they knew he was Thawne, but in their own minds they still knew him as Wells. Plus, from their perspective they can't know for certain that the same thing hasn't happened to this Wells, particularly since Jay makes it clear that he caused the dark matter reaction at star labs the same as Thawne did.
                        I Concur
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know they are accustomed to thinking of his as Wells, but they also know better now. I would think they should know better enough to stop insulting the memory of the real Harrison Wells every time they speak of Thawne.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

My guess for Zoom is Earth2 Wally West. They wouldn't go through the trouble of introducing him except for some grand reveal. I'd be willing to bet that Earth 1 Wally plays some role in stopping Zoom and as a consequence, either before or after will get his same speed powers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Earth 2 zoom could be Barry, that would be interesting...either way I wonder when we'll see Earth 2 Barry.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X