• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stronger Together (102)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    STRONGER TOGETHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    Kara struggles with her lack of experience when it looks like her efforts in National City may be doing more harm than good, and Alex tries to begin training her to fight. Meanwhile a member of an alien insectoid race turns up at a chemical plant, and Cat pressures James to land her an interview with Supergirl.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 November 2015, 11:18 PM.

Thought it was another good episode. Kara does tend to be whiny at times. It is almost like she expected to be able to instantly help people...which she was able to once she toned things down. Now...the dude with the glowing eyes (I can't remember the character's name) at end was interesting. I wonder what doom and gloom he'll bring?
    sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode, it felt better with the pacing and dialog. I like how they dealt with some pressing super hero questions.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Supergirl (or Superman for that matter, gender doesn't matter) with a government handler?
        I don't think an alien who could theoretically destroy the entire planet would accept anyone having "authority" over him/her. It just doesn't feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Supergirl (or Superman for that matter, gender doesn't matter) with a government handler?
          I don't think an alien who could theoretically destroy the entire planet would accept anyone having "authority" over him/her. It just doesn't feel right.
          Well she doesn't seem all that fond of the DEO but like she said, she is willing to accept help because that's how she was raised on Krypton. Plus whereas Supes grew up as Ma and Pa Kent's only child, Kara always grew up right along side Alex. She is used to always having friends or family helping her along. She's never felt alone like Clark did.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Well she doesn't seem all that fond of the DEO but like she said, she is willing to accept help because that's how she was raised on Krypton. Plus whereas Supes grew up as Ma and Pa Kent's only child, Kara always grew up right along side Alex. She is used to always having friends or family helping her along. She's never felt alone like Clark did.
            I would think that if I were one of the only two members of my species alive* I might feel alone for that reason by itself.

*As far as I know, they are the only two, but I don't follow the comics/other media, just the major films and TV efforts. I didn't watch Smallville, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              I would think that if I were one of the only two members of my species alive* I might feel alone for that reason by itself.

*As far as I know, they are the only two, but I don't follow the comics/other media, just the major films and TV efforts. I didn't watch Smallville, however.
              Well sure, they're the only ones of their species (Until Auntie Showed up anyway, and maybe a couple of other waywards), but ultimately it's not like humans look or act that much differently from Kryptonians, and she probably go through quite a long spell of feeling alone, but like I said, she has a sister and family that she's clearly very close to, and as she said in the pilot she spent much of her life since just trying to be as normal and human as possible. In an odd ways she feels more at home on Earth that Superman does, and she recognises that others around her have knowledge and wisdom that she doesn't..... so basically she's smarter than he is.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Thought it was another good episode. Kara does tend to be whiny at times. It is almost like she expected to be able to instantly help people...which she was able to once she toned things down. Now...the dude with the glowing eyes (I can't remember the character's name) at end was interesting. I wonder what doom and gloom he'll bring?
                Dunno. But i wonder if he was always like that, or did he get "Doppleganngered" during the final fight.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Dunno. But i wonder if he was always like that, or did he get "Doppleganngered" during the final fight.
                  That is what I was wondering. Do the red-eyes indicate a doppelganger or was he always a glowing red-eyed dude?
                  Last edited by LtColCarter; 06 November 2015, 11:35 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I saw it more of an infection due to that that criminal
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Then why wasn't he quarantined like the others who got 'spiked'?

Comment

Supergirl wants to make a name for herself and it all goes horribly pearshaped.
                        I mean, I would have pushed the ship away instead of pull it away. It might have prevented that oilspil. Maxwell Lord (hello Peter Facinelli, long time no see ) has a fieldday tearing down our hero. Kara's still wet behind the superhero ears and well, we all know we will make mistakes when we start new adventures. So long as we learn from those mistakes, we're good.

And learn she does -- you know, start small, and work your way up to the big stuff.

So, new alien in town. One that loves a little DDT for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An insect with the ability to shapeshift into a humanoid. Imagine, mosquitos having that ability -- we'd call them vampires instead.
                        The dude shoots stingers out of his wrist and they seem to be of the painful/killing kind.

So, the DEO sets a trap without Supergirl who's off trying to make up for her oilspil-mistake. The alien takes the bait and then that whole operation goes pearshaped with Alex napped, serving as bait herself -- signed, sealed and delivered at Astra's feet.

Hank informs Kara Alex got napped, and that he's doing everything in his power to find her (alive). Supergirl goes off on her own, and locates the other Danvers sister, and gets the surprise of a lifetime when Aunt Astra shows up. They duke it out. Alex kicks the alien's .... err... butt. Even injured she kicks ass.

I really loved the flashback to young Kara on Krypton.
                        Alex showing Kara into her own fortress of solitude.

On first viewing, Hank's red eyes were like "WOW, wow, wow, what was that?" -- Who is this guy?
                        But since I'm my second rewatch, I know what's coming and it sorta ups the anticipation of what is yet to be revealed.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                        X