Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,170

    Post Stronger Together (102)

    Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    STRONGER TOGETHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    Kara struggles with her lack of experience when it looks like her efforts in National City may be doing more harm than good, and Alex tries to begin training her to fight. Meanwhile a member of an alien insectoid race turns up at a chemical plant, and Cat pressures James to land her an interview with Supergirl.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; November 11th, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,190

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Thought it was another good episode. Kara does tend to be whiny at times. It is almost like she expected to be able to instantly help people...which she was able to once she toned things down. Now...the dude with the glowing eyes (I can't remember the character's name) at end was interesting. I wonder what doom and gloom he'll bring?

  3. #3
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,225

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    I liked this episode, it felt better with the pacing and dialog. I like how they dealt with some pressing super hero questions.

  4. #4
    Major
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,985

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Supergirl (or Superman for that matter, gender doesn't matter) with a government handler?
    I don't think an alien who could theoretically destroy the entire planet would accept anyone having "authority" over him/her. It just doesn't feel right.

  5. #5
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,330

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Supergirl (or Superman for that matter, gender doesn't matter) with a government handler?
    I don't think an alien who could theoretically destroy the entire planet would accept anyone having "authority" over him/her. It just doesn't feel right.
    Well she doesn't seem all that fond of the DEO but like she said, she is willing to accept help because that's how she was raised on Krypton. Plus whereas Supes grew up as Ma and Pa Kent's only child, Kara always grew up right along side Alex. She is used to always having friends or family helping her along. She's never felt alone like Clark did.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  6. #6
    Major
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,985

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Well she doesn't seem all that fond of the DEO but like she said, she is willing to accept help because that's how she was raised on Krypton. Plus whereas Supes grew up as Ma and Pa Kent's only child, Kara always grew up right along side Alex. She is used to always having friends or family helping her along. She's never felt alone like Clark did.
    I would think that if I were one of the only two members of my species alive* I might feel alone for that reason by itself.

    *As far as I know, they are the only two, but I don't follow the comics/other media, just the major films and TV efforts. I didn't watch Smallville, however.

  7. #7
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,330

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I would think that if I were one of the only two members of my species alive* I might feel alone for that reason by itself.

    *As far as I know, they are the only two, but I don't follow the comics/other media, just the major films and TV efforts. I didn't watch Smallville, however.
    Well sure, they're the only ones of their species (Until Auntie Showed up anyway, and maybe a couple of other waywards), but ultimately it's not like humans look or act that much differently from Kryptonians, and she probably go through quite a long spell of feeling alone, but like I said, she has a sister and family that she's clearly very close to, and as she said in the pilot she spent much of her life since just trying to be as normal and human as possible. In an odd ways she feels more at home on Earth that Superman does, and she recognises that others around her have knowledge and wisdom that she doesn't..... so basically she's smarter than he is.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  8. #8
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Thought it was another good episode. Kara does tend to be whiny at times. It is almost like she expected to be able to instantly help people...which she was able to once she toned things down. Now...the dude with the glowing eyes (I can't remember the character's name) at end was interesting. I wonder what doom and gloom he'll bring?
    Dunno. But i wonder if he was always like that, or did he get "Doppleganngered" during the final fight.

  9. #9
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,190

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Dunno. But i wonder if he was always like that, or did he get "Doppleganngered" during the final fight.
    That is what I was wondering. Do the red-eyes indicate a doppelganger or was he always a glowing red-eyed dude?
    Last edited by LtColCarter; November 6th, 2015 at 12:35 PM.

  10. #10
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    37,073

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    I saw it more of an infection due to that that criminal
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  11. #11
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Then why wasn't he quarantined like the others who got 'spiked'?

  12. #12
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,525

    Default Re: Stronger Together (102)

    Supergirl wants to make a name for herself and it all goes horribly pearshaped.
    I mean, I would have pushed the ship away instead of pull it away. It might have prevented that oilspil. Maxwell Lord (hello Peter Facinelli, long time no see ) has a fieldday tearing down our hero. Kara's still wet behind the superhero ears and well, we all know we will make mistakes when we start new adventures. So long as we learn from those mistakes, we're good.

    And learn she does -- you know, start small, and work your way up to the big stuff.

    So, new alien in town. One that loves a little DDT for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An insect with the ability to shapeshift into a humanoid. Imagine, mosquitos having that ability -- we'd call them vampires instead.
    The dude shoots stingers out of his wrist and they seem to be of the painful/killing kind.

    So, the DEO sets a trap without Supergirl who's off trying to make up for her oilspil-mistake. The alien takes the bait and then that whole operation goes pearshaped with Alex napped, serving as bait herself -- signed, sealed and delivered at Astra's feet.

    Hank informs Kara Alex got napped, and that he's doing everything in his power to find her (alive). Supergirl goes off on her own, and locates the other Danvers sister, and gets the surprise of a lifetime when Aunt Astra shows up. They duke it out. Alex kicks the alien's .... err... butt. Even injured she kicks ass.

    I really loved the flashback to young Kara on Krypton.
    Alex showing Kara into her own fortress of solitude.

    On first viewing, Hank's red eyes were like "WOW, wow, wow, what was that?" -- Who is this guy?
    But since I'm my second rewatch, I know what's coming and it sorta ups the anticipation of what is yet to be revealed.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock


Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Why are the Ancients stronger than the Ori?
    By caribsci in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 19th, 2011, 01:09 PM
  2. Older the wraith, the stronger they are?
    By funks in forum Atlantis Season 3
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: August 5th, 2006, 02:36 PM
  3. Who wishes the Asgard were stronger?
    By Indum'kra in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: September 13th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •