why rick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why rick

it is something I noticed while watching the re runs of the show, rick gets the full grizzly adams facial hair, but the others barely get any thing, how are they shaving, why don't they get all scraggly, hershal was the only other one with significant facial hair, but even then it was just a little what about glen, what about daryl, and the other men, why don't they go all grizzly adams too?

G'day epg20,

When I was growing up, I was one of the first of my friends/classmates who had to start shaving. These days, I have a 5'oclock shadow by about 12 midday... Whereas, I have a friend who still basically doesn't have to shave more than once a week.. and even then it's barely more than bum-fluff...

That said - I am sure that Rick's beard was a stylistic consideration by the directors/writers/producers... because a big beard is often seen as rather masculine... and Rick is our big tough hero character...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Razors Provided by the same people who cut the grass..

I think Glenn has as much beard as he is capable of growing..

Comment

Ricks beard was symbolic for his animalistic state and helped to visually show his character arc of getting all grisly and guttural and visceral. I think if all the characters would go that way it would take away from Rick's personal character arc quest.
        Originally posted by jelgate
        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
        X