Ant-Man gets a sequel + Phase 3 re-jigged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant-Man gets a sequel + Phase 3 re-jigged

Just announced...Ant-Man is getting a sequel titled "Ant-Man and the Wasp". As a result, the scheduled releases of the Phase 3 films have been shuffled a little bit.

Announcement:
    Marvel Studios Phase 3 Update

Marvel's 'Ant-Man' gets a sequel & more!

Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached its conclusion with the release of Marvel’s “Ant-Man,” we have new details on what to expect in Phase 3!

Following our hero’s debut adventure in this summer’s “Ant-Man,” Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

Additionally, Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films shifting their dates, with Marvel’s “Black Panther” moving up to February 16, 2018 and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8, 2019.

Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Kind of a shame it's not Giant-man but it makes sense if they're going with a duo next time round.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well I guess, Wasp is beating Captain Marvel to the theaters as the first MCU female superhero movie, but even then she's only go co-first billing. Honestly though, to me, 2018 feels like too long to wait to seem again.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Well, you'll have seven Marvel movies between now and then to tide you over...

Plus Scott and Hope are both in Civil War, which I suspect means there's a good possibility they may turn up in Avengers Infinity War 1 as well.

If I could hazard a guess at the 3 unannounced films: I will predict Dr Strange 2, Guardians 3, and the last one as a new hero's debut in the MCU. I'd say one will be Spider-Man 2, but I think Marvel would announce that in partnership with Sony, not in a solo press release.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was mainly hoping to see more of Wasp. I know Scott is going to be in Captain America 3, but I don't know about Hope.

I think the thing is the awesome "It's about damn time" mid-credits scene in Ant-Man falls a bit flat and seems a little hypocritical when it actually means "In 3-4 years from now."
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
          X