X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class Episode 8 - The Lost
    Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/11...de-8-lost.html

The BBC have released a new set of pictures from the final episode of Class, The Lost.

The episode is released on BBC Three next Saturday, after which it will be released around the world. Full Details

Class Episode Eight - The Lost

Facing an impossible choice, our heroes must use all they’ve learnt to save Earth. But how far are they prepared to go? And will they have to pay a price?

Unable to recover from the truths they have faced, the gang has splintered. Liberated from enslavement, Quill prepares to take her revenge.But they must reunite when the Shadow Kin return, raging a ruthless, unrelenting war.

Resolute to claim April's heart and Charlie's weapon, Corakinus threatens to kill their families until he has what he desires - and the friends must fight to prevent him.

This time, not everyone will make it out alive.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Spoiler:
      So, the Weeping Angels are going to be involved in Class, interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Spoiler:
        So, the Weeping Angels are going to be involved in Class, interesting...
        Well first a Series 2 needs to be commissioned for that to happen and I'm really hoping it is.

Failing that, bring Class into Doctor Who to continue the Series 1 cliffhanger. Have the Doctor, Bill and Nardole investigating and fighting THEM throughout time and space and have the Coal Hill Defenders investigating and fighting THEM on 21st century Earth and for the conclusion to the arc bring both groups together for a grand finale.

Realistically though, I can't see that happening...but never say never.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Well first a Series 2 needs to be commissioned for that to happen and I'm really hoping it is.

Failing that, bring Class into Doctor Who to continue the Series 1 cliffhanger. Have the Doctor, Bill and Nardole investigating and fighting THEM throughout time and space and have the Coal Hill Defenders investigating and fighting THEM on 21st century Earth and for the conclusion to the arc bring both groups together for a grand finale.

Realistically though, I can't see that happening...but never say never.
          Spoiler:
          Considering how the Shadow Kin arrived, you'd think UNIT would notice something was up at the school...

Comment

Spoiler:
            Considering that Fady Elsayed is going to appear in Series 10, I'm guessing that the Weeping Angels from Class are going to encounter the Twelfth Doctor. It's Moffat's last year after all.
            Last edited by rushy; 03 December 2016, 02:31 PM.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Considering that Fady Elsayed is going to appear in Series 10, I'm guessing that
              Spoiler:
              the Weeping Angels
              from Class are going to encounter the Twelfth Doctor. It's Moffat's last year after all.
              Just fix that for you, rushy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

SPOILER TAGS rushy.
                There's a spoiler warning in the title of this thread.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  There's a spoiler warning in the title of this thread.
                  Doesn't matter. It's also for News too so lets give people the option by using the Spoiler Tags in future just as a courtesy.

Comment

Oh really, hadnt realised he'd be appearing, heres hoping for a crossover!

Comment

Class comes to BBC One
                      Thursday, 15 December, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/12...o-bbc-one.html

The BBC has confirmed thet the Doctor Who spin-off series will be shown on BBC One this January

The first episode can be seen on Monday 9th January at 10.45pm

Class has previously only been available in the UK via the BBC Three channel, which, since the 16th February this year, has only been available online.

No firm details are available for the number of viewers who have watched the series on BBC Three, but no episode has managed to make the Weekly BARB Top 50 list of downloaded programs, meaning less than around 60,000 watched the episode in the two days after release. It is believed the audience for each episode was between 20,000 and 60,000 viewers.

The BBC will be hoping for a much bigger audience for the BBC One showing, where the late night timeslot has an average of just over 2 million viewers.

The series is due to be shown on BBC America this spring

Comment

CLASS CANCELLED
                        http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...s-axed-9906600

Doctor Who spin-off Class is set to be ditched by the BBC after just one series.

The eight-parter, starring ex-Coronation Street favourite Katherine Kelly as alien teacher Miss Quill, was the BBC’s most high-profile attempt at a teen show in years.

But ratings were so low, both online and for the BBC1 repeat, it now looks like school’s out forever.

Class launched on BBC iPlayer in October, but despite Peter Capaldi appearing as the Time Lord in the first episode, got just 660,000 views.

Not one of the eight episodes made it into the top 50 weekly shows viewed on-demand. The series also fared badly in the late-night BBC1 repeats, where it was aired in four double bills.

The first episode got one million viewers, but by the end, that had dropped to 300,000 – way down on the slot average of 800,000.

Class is the fourth TV spin-off from Doctor Who, following K9 and Company in 1981, and more recently Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Class was created by youth novelist Patrick Ness and featured a group of teens at Coal Hill School, where Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman) was a teacher.

But it failed to grip its target audience, who gave it a low appreciation rate of 70, compared to 82 for the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

One reviewer said: “Class is a bit like a hormonal teen – all over the place.”

Another moaned: “It’s just too bad it doesn’t live up to the hype.”

A show source said: “Class hasn’t been the success the BBC were hoping for.”

The BBC said no decision on a recommission had been made.

Comment

Doesn't come as a shock. I'd have been more surprised if a second series had been commissioned.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Yes, I'm not very surprised at this.
                            I watched it on the tv, but it was on very late, and anyone that had work or college etc. would have to record it.
                            It was also very violent.
                            I'm not really sure what age group this was for.
                            sigpic

Comment

Its not been officially cancelled by the BBC yet, so theres still hope!

Comment

I watched it on the Iplayer through it's first run and enjoyed most of the eps but thought it grew in strength too late,and sometimes it felt like a cheapo version of Buffy rather than Whoniverse-led.
                                My favourite characters were Miss Quill ,Tanya and Matteus (sp?) but I didn't dislike any of the characters.

If anyone was squicked by gore they'd possibly have dumped it early on,and it looks like even the delayed viewing counted little in the iplayer charts.
                                I'd definitely watch a second season,but doubt it'll happen,unless the Beeb find out they can justify the cost.
                                Pity.The final eps were pretty good imo and the reveal of the Headteacher's bosses etc was cool.
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X