'Class' - Doctor Who Spin Off Discussion, News & Speculation - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I enjoyed it and its got me intruiged (plus it gave us 10 mins of Capaldi to tick us over till Christmas, which Ive only just realised means more Doctor Who! ), but is it trying too hard to be slightly more adult?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I enjoyed it and its got me intruiged (plus it gave us 10 mins of Capaldi to tick us over till Christmas, which Ive only just realised means more Doctor Who! ), but is it trying too hard to be slightly more adult?
      I thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes. It has a really strong and capable cast. The premise of the show has an inexhaustable amount of ideas to go through it. Capaldi was great as per usual. As for the adultness of the show...well I think trying to be more adult when your 16 is an actual thing. You do try to be older than you actually are. But in terms of the show's adultness I think Class' was handled a lot better(?)/differently(?) than Torchwood's adultness.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I thought it was a mixed bag... I liked some of the characters and the concept is neat, but Katherine Kelly got on my nerves a lot, and the dialogue was really poor at times. Once again, modern teenagers are made to look unlikable and disrespectful, when that's not really the case.

But when the team came together, so did the episode, and Peter Capaldi's cameo was superb. I'm really looking forward to The Return Of Doctor Mysterio now.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I take it eps. 3-4 will come online on Saturday?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            I take it eps. 3-4 will come online on Saturday?
            No, after Episodes 1 and 2 the other 6 episodes will be released on consecutive Saturdays.

So unless things change, the Class schedule for BBC Three currently looks like this:
            1. [*=1]Episode 3: 29th October
              [*=1]Episode 4: 5th November
              [*=1]Episode 5: 12th November
              [*=1]Episode 6: 19th November
              [*=1]Episode 7: 26th November
              [*=1]Episode 8: 3rd December

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed both episodes. Some minor annoyances/queries, but happy overall. Not as tweenage as I was expecting. Definitely some depth to it, and the Doctor's role was very, very nice.

My biggest grumble is... where the heck is UNIT? They should be crawling all over this stuff...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed both episodes. Some minor annoyances/queries, but happy overall. Not as tweenage as I was expecting. Definitely some depth to it, and the Doctor's role was very, very nice.

My biggest grumble is... where the heck is UNIT? They should be crawling all over this stuff...
                Miss Quill, Charlie and co. are managing to keep the situations they encounter contained to Coal Hill Academy just as Torchwood 3 and Sarah Jane Smith and co. did in their neck of the woods. I think that if any future alien incursions were in danger of spilling out beyond what the various teams could handle then UNIT would be called in as a last resort to help deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Miss Quill, Charlie and co. are managing to keep the situations they encounter contained to Coal Hill Academy just as Torchwood 3 and Sarah Jane Smith and co. did in their neck of the woods. I think that if any future alien incursions were in danger of spilling out beyond what the various teams could handle then UNIT would be called in as a last resort to help deal with them.
                  Contained, maybe... but given how UNIT now appear to have a knack for picking up on abnormal readings as they're occurring... (The Power of Three)...I find it hard to believe that UNIT haven't descended on the school in either full force or with a couple of operatives performing a recce to check out what was going on... I would have certainly expected some UNIT involvement at the end of episode one... that was a big event!

I also question the wisdom of the Doctor entrusting dealing with the rifts to a bunch of teenagers, talented as they may be... I mean, honestly, even he isn't that dense. All he needs to do is phone UNIT and get them to install one of their more irritating junior officers as the new school caretaker...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    No, after Episodes 1 and 2 the other 6 episodes will be released on consecutive Saturdays.
                    Fair enough, thanks.
                    Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    I kind of assumed that UNIT is keeping a discreet eye on things.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

The Doctor probably called Kate about it.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Fair enough, thanks.
                        You're welcome.

I kind of assumed that UNIT is keeping a discreet eye on things.
                        Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        The Doctor probably called Kate about it.
                        I agree. The Doctor's the string-pulling kind so I think we can assume he talked to Kate, made her aware of it and just told her to keep UNIT at a distance. And as Charlie and Miss Quill are alien nomads like the Zygons perhaps he's helped her include them in the negotiated deal UNIT made with the Zygons?

Or maybe in a future episode we'll find out more and see if UNIT figure into things at Coal Hill School in some capacity. They have been mentioned already...maybe they'll appear at some point as they did in Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures?

Comment

Quickfire questions with Patrick Ness - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

Comment

I kind of figure UNIT has a list of places the Doctor has been spotted in the past, and is likely to turn up again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Class: Episode 3 Trailer - BBC Three

Comment

Class- Episode 3 - Nightvisiting
                                Tuesday, 25 October, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...tvisiting.html

The BBC have released a new set of pictures from the third episode of Class, Nightvisiting.

The episode is released on BBC Three next Saturday, after which it will be released around the world. Full Details
                                Class Episode Three; Nightvisiting

London is infiltrated by an eerie alien with the ability to morph into the shape of lost loved ones.
                                Tanya has an unexpected visitor come to her window in the dead of night - and she's not the only one, as Ram and Miss Quill face their own startling visitors.
                                Confronted with these emotional encounters, the team must overcome the persuasion of this strange new threat, and battle through the streets to stop Tanya from being lost forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X