Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class - Character Introductions, Part 2 of 4
    Introducing Charlie: Class - BBC Three

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Class - Character Introductions, Part 3 of 4
      Introducing Ram: Class - BBC Three

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Class - Character Introductions, Part 4 of 4
        Introducing April: Class - BBC Three

Comment

Shadow: Class Teaser Trailer - BBC Three

Comment

You're all in grave danger - Class: Episode 1 Sneak Peek - BBC Three

Comment

Class Episode One Pictures
              http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...-pictures.html

Additional pictures here:
              Class: Episodes 1 & 2 Image Gallery
              http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/class-s...lery-81178.htm
              Last edited by Alan; 17 October 2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Class Comes to Comic-Con
                Thursday, 20 October, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...comic-con.html

The BBC have announced that the writer and cast of the new BBC series Class will attend the MCM London Comic-Con later this month.

Patrick Ness and the show’s cast including Ram (Fady Elsayed), Charlie (Greg Austin), April (Sophie Hopkins), Tanya (Vivian Oparah) and producer Derek Ritchie, will talk about Coal Hill Academy's first term in the Whoniverse giving give con-goers an insight into the series as well as presenting an exclusive screening of episode three.

The event takes place at Excel London at 15:00 on the Saturday of Comic Con which runs from 28-30 October.

Comment

Meeting The Class Cast - Doctor Who: The Fan Show

Published on 20 Oct 2016
                  We popped into Coal Hill Academy to talk to the cast of Class about the upcoming spin-off series and find out a little bit more about their characters...

Comment

Greg's first ever fan mail - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

Comment

Exclusive: Class star Greg Austin says Peter Capaldi is a "genius madman" - and reveals his hopes for a series 2

"Parental advisory is required" for BBC Three's new Doctor Who spin-off.

By
                      Morgan Jeffery
                      21 October 2016

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/class/n...-a-series-two/

A little over a year since it was first announced, Doctor Who's new spin-off series Class will land on BBC Three tomorrow morning (October 22).

Written by YA author Patrick Ness, the eight-parter is aimed squarely at teenagers (and older viewers) - with star Greg Austin telling Digital Spy that Class gets "quite dark".

"There's quite a bit of blood, a bit of gore, there's some sex, but none of it's gratuitous," Austin said. "You've got to earn that, otherwise it just doesn't read as being truthful. But yeah - parental advisory is required, I think!

"A lot of people like to put it on a scale alongside the other spin-offs, but I like to think of it as not in between Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, but off to the side somewhere.

"It's its own thing and as such it needs to stand on its own two feet - it's not leaning too heavily on any of the past iterations of Doctor Who."

© BBC/Simon Ridgeway

Peter Capaldi does appear though in the first episode - just to set the good ship Class off on its maiden voyage.

"He's some sort of genius madman," Austin enthused. "He takes Patrick's brilliant writing and twists it a little bit, and does his own thing with it. Each take was different from the last, but the continuity was still there - it's quite hard to pinpoint how he does it, but it's beautiful to watch him work."

© BBC/Simon Ridgeway

Now, though, Class will be looking to stand on its own, with Austin insisting that there are no plans for its cast to return the favour and appear on Doctor Who. ("Though that would be awesome!" he adds.)

The series is set at Coal Hill Academy - a school that's featured on Doctor Who from the very first episode back in 1963 - and follows four teens and their mysterious teacher Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly) as they battle threats from across time and space.

Austin's character Charlie has a secret, though - as the latest trailer confirms, he's "from another planet".

"When I first got the script for my first audition, I didn't know he was an alien - it didn't specifically say that he was," the actor revealed. "So I saw him as just being a bit socially inept, maybe he had mild Asperger's syndrome, that's what read to me.

"So I looked into that side of things - and that really helped me with the alien perspective - having a new perspective on things, not necessarily worse but a different way of looking at things."

© BBC/Simon Ridgeway

And the 24-year-old says there are many more stories to tell with Charlie, Miss Quill, Ram (Fady Elsayed), Tanya (Vivian Oparah) and April (Sophie Hopkins) beyond just these eight.

"There's a long way for these characters to go," he said. "By the end of the series, there's some big choices that have to be made... that leave a lot of room for a lot of big consequences. That's all I'm going to say!"

Class launches with a double-bill tomorrow at 10am on BBC Three.

Comment

Exclusive: Class star Sophie Hopkins reveals all on possible Doctor Who crossovers - and those Buffy comparisons

"I know all the lyrics to the Buffy musical. Like... I'm a fan. "

By Morgan Jeffery
                        21 October 2016

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/class/n...ho-crossovers/

Class might be a spin-off from Doctor Who, but don't expect a ton of crossovers. At least, not yet.
                        Sophie Hopkins, who plays April on BBC Three's new series, told Digital Spy that she wants Class to establish itself for a series or two before repeating Peter Capaldi's cameo in the first episode.

"I know they are very much trying to keep Class a separate show," she said. "I think the end goal is for people to be able to watch Class and love it, and then discover Doctor Who through us. Though most people have heard of Doctor Who, so we're hindered there!

"I think we'd all love a little cameo in Doctor WhoTorchwood did it and it was really exciting when Jack would pop up in Doctor Who and I think we'd all certainly love it.

"But I think they're going to establish Class as its own show, for definitely this season and probably the next... then we'll talk Doctor Who!"

The next? Yes - Hopkins (like her co-star Greg Austin) thinks there's absolutely a good chance we'll see a second series of Class.

"I can't wait to see the characters' journeys and how much more efficiently they kick butt!" she laughed. "The first series, they're definitely discovering new skills and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out."
                        © BBC/Simon Ridgeway

Class is set at Coal Hill Academy – a school that's featured on Doctor Who from the very first episode back in 1963 – and follows four teens and their mysterious teacher Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly) as they battle threats from across time and space.

Hopkins told us that the series "does contain adult themes" and said the audience for the show will be "starting with teenagers and going upwards".

"I wouldn't watch it with my baby niece or my grandparents, probably! It does get dark, and stylistically, it's quite dark – the way it looks, and the art direction and everything...

"It sets a tone for the show and you do see blood, there is gore, and you see what you'd really be seeing if a monster was skinning people!"

That mixture of horror, humour and a school setting has seen Class compared to early Buffy the Vampire Slayer – which Hopkins calls "an honour".

"I loved Buffy and would watch it weekly as a kid. I think I know all the lyrics to the Buffy musical. Like... I'm a fan!

"That actually was in our casting brief, when we were auditioning, that it's aiming to be a British Buffy, so for me, it was like... tick! On-board!

© BBC/Simon Ridgeway

"If I were to compare to anything, it would be Buffy – but it is very much its own show and it's not copying any style. By the end of the series, it really comes into its own and I can't wait for it to be as huge as Buffy – and Doctor Who – is worldwide."

Any chance though of a Class musical episode, following in Buffy's footsteps?

"We've joked about there being a musical: Greg and I are always dancing, and Fady [Elsayed, who plays Ram] is always singing. So I think it could work! Watch this space..."

Class launches with a double bill tomorrow at 10am on BBC Three.

Comment

Where to watch Doctor Who spin-off Class around the world
                          The series will be available to watch from October – although if you're in the United States, you'll have to wait a lot longer...
                          By Radio Times staff
                          Friday 21 October 2016 at 12:31PM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ound-the-world

Doctor Who spin-off Class is here: the first two episodes will be available to watch in the UK on BBC iPlayer from 10am Saturday 22 October. But what about Doctor Who fans around the world who want to know what all the fuss is about?

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that loads of countries will be able to watch the new series. The bad news? Some countries (well, one in particular) might have to wait quite a long time...

How to watch Class in the US

Sorry to break it to you, US Whovians: the new series won't be available to watch in the States until 2017 on BBC America. So if there is some kind of Who Christmas special/Class crossover, it might be quite confusing...

Where to watch Class around the world

Check out the list of countries showing the new BBC series – and when they are released.

Class in Canada: Every Saturday at 9pm EST from 22 October on the Space Channel

Class in Australia: Saturday at 8.15pm AET from 22 October on iView, with the remaining episodes being released at 8pm every following Saturday. The show will also air every Monday from 24 October on ABC2.

Class in Turkey: Every Saturday at 12pm EET from 22 October on TLC

Class in Dubai: Every Saturday at 7pm GST from 22 October on BBC First

Class in Singapore: Every Saturday at 5pm SGT from 22 October on BBC Player and every Sunday from 23 October at 3pm SGT on BBC First

Class in Hong Kong: Episodes 1-3 available on 1 November, followed by the remaining episodes every Saturday at 3pm HKT from 5 November on BBC First on NowTV and MyTV Super

Comment

Patrick Ness: The perfect writer - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

Comment

Initial thoughts after watching episode 1.

Reminds me very much of Russell T. Davis' 90s series "Dark Season".

I'll sick with it.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Did you spot this Doctor Who legend's cameo in Class?
                                http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...cameo-in-class

Comment

Working...
                                X