Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 'Class' - Doctor Who Spin Off Discussion, News & Speculation - SPOILERS

Exclusive: Class star Sophie Hopkins reveals all on possible Doctor Who crossovers - and those Buffy comparisons

"I know all the lyrics to the Buffy musical. Like... I'm a fan. "

By Morgan Jeffery
    21 October 2016

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/class/n...ho-crossovers/

Class might be a spin-off from Doctor Who, but don't expect a ton of crossovers. At least, not yet.
    Sophie Hopkins, who plays April on BBC Three's new series, told Digital Spy that she wants Class to establish itself for a series or two before repeating Peter Capaldi's cameo in the first episode.

"I know they are very much trying to keep Class a separate show," she said. "I think the end goal is for people to be able to watch Class and love it, and then discover Doctor Who through us. Though most people have heard of Doctor Who, so we're hindered there!

"I think we'd all love a little cameo in Doctor WhoTorchwood did it and it was really exciting when Jack would pop up in Doctor Who and I think we'd all certainly love it.

"But I think they're going to establish Class as its own show, for definitely this season and probably the next... then we'll talk Doctor Who!"

The next? Yes - Hopkins (like her co-star Greg Austin) thinks there's absolutely a good chance we'll see a second series of Class.

"I can't wait to see the characters' journeys and how much more efficiently they kick butt!" she laughed. "The first series, they're definitely discovering new skills and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out."
    © BBC/Simon Ridgeway

Class is set at Coal Hill Academy – a school that's featured on Doctor Who from the very first episode back in 1963 – and follows four teens and their mysterious teacher Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly) as they battle threats from across time and space.

Hopkins told us that the series "does contain adult themes" and said the audience for the show will be "starting with teenagers and going upwards".

"I wouldn't watch it with my baby niece or my grandparents, probably! It does get dark, and stylistically, it's quite dark – the way it looks, and the art direction and everything...

"It sets a tone for the show and you do see blood, there is gore, and you see what you'd really be seeing if a monster was skinning people!"

That mixture of horror, humour and a school setting has seen Class compared to early Buffy the Vampire Slayer – which Hopkins calls "an honour".

"I loved Buffy and would watch it weekly as a kid. I think I know all the lyrics to the Buffy musical. Like... I'm a fan!

"That actually was in our casting brief, when we were auditioning, that it's aiming to be a British Buffy, so for me, it was like... tick! On-board!

© BBC/Simon Ridgeway

"If I were to compare to anything, it would be Buffy – but it is very much its own show and it's not copying any style. By the end of the series, it really comes into its own and I can't wait for it to be as huge as Buffy – and Doctor Who – is worldwide."

Any chance though of a Class musical episode, following in Buffy's footsteps?

"We've joked about there being a musical: Greg and I are always dancing, and Fady [Elsayed, who plays Ram] is always singing. So I think it could work! Watch this space..."

Class launches with a double bill tomorrow at 10am on BBC Three.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Default Re: 'Class' - Doctor Who Spin Off Discussion, News & Speculation - SPOILERS

Where to watch Doctor Who spin-off Class around the world
    The series will be available to watch from October – although if you're in the United States, you'll have to wait a lot longer...
    By Radio Times staff
    Friday 21 October 2016 at 12:31PM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ound-the-world

Doctor Who spin-off Class is here: the first two episodes will be available to watch in the UK on BBC iPlayer from 10am Saturday 22 October. But what about Doctor Who fans around the world who want to know what all the fuss is about?

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that loads of countries will be able to watch the new series. The bad news? Some countries (well, one in particular) might have to wait quite a long time...

How to watch Class in the US

Sorry to break it to you, US Whovians: the new series won't be available to watch in the States until 2017 on BBC America. So if there is some kind of Who Christmas special/Class crossover, it might be quite confusing...

Where to watch Class around the world

Check out the list of countries showing the new BBC series – and when they are released.

Class in Canada: Every Saturday at 9pm EST from 22 October on the Space Channel

Class in Australia: Saturday at 8.15pm AET from 22 October on iView, with the remaining episodes being released at 8pm every following Saturday. The show will also air every Monday from 24 October on ABC2.

Class in Turkey: Every Saturday at 12pm EET from 22 October on TLC

Class in Dubai: Every Saturday at 7pm GST from 22 October on BBC First

Class in Singapore: Every Saturday at 5pm SGT from 22 October on BBC Player and every Sunday from 23 October at 3pm SGT on BBC First

Class in Hong Kong: Episodes 1-3 available on 1 November, followed by the remaining episodes every Saturday at 3pm HKT from 5 November on BBC First on NowTV and MyTV Super
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Patrick Ness: The perfect writer - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

Initial thoughts after watching episode 1.

Reminds me very much of Russell T. Davis' 90s series "Dark Season".

I'll sick with it.

Did you spot this Doctor Who legend's cameo in Class?
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...cameo-in-class

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I enjoyed it and its got me intruiged (plus it gave us 10 mins of Capaldi to tick us over till Christmas, which Ive only just realised means more Doctor Who! ), but is it trying too hard to be slightly more adult?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I enjoyed it and its got me intruiged (plus it gave us 10 mins of Capaldi to tick us over till Christmas, which Ive only just realised means more Doctor Who! ), but is it trying too hard to be slightly more adult?
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes. It has a really strong and capable cast. The premise of the show has an inexhaustable amount of ideas to go through it. Capaldi was great as per usual. As for the adultness of the show...well I think trying to be more adult when your 16 is an actual thing. You do try to be older than you actually are. But in terms of the show's adultness I think Class' was handled a lot better(?)/differently(?) than Torchwood's adultness.

I thought it was a mixed bag... I liked some of the characters and the concept is neat, but Katherine Kelly got on my nerves a lot, and the dialogue was really poor at times. Once again, modern teenagers are made to look unlikable and disrespectful, when that's not really the case.

But when the team came together, so did the episode, and Peter Capaldi's cameo was superb. I'm really looking forward to The Return Of Doctor Mysterio now.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

I take it eps. 3-4 will come online on Saturday?

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    I take it eps. 3-4 will come online on Saturday?
    No, after Episodes 1 and 2 the other 6 episodes will be released on consecutive Saturdays.

So unless things change, the Class schedule for BBC Three currently looks like this:

• Episode 3: 29th October
    • Episode 4: 5th November
    • Episode 5: 12th November
    • Episode 6: 19th November
    • Episode 7: 26th November
    • Episode 8: 3rd December

Pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed both episodes. Some minor annoyances/queries, but happy overall. Not as tweenage as I was expecting. Definitely some depth to it, and the Doctor's role was very, very nice.

My biggest grumble is... where the heck is UNIT? They should be crawling all over this stuff...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed both episodes. Some minor annoyances/queries, but happy overall. Not as tweenage as I was expecting. Definitely some depth to it, and the Doctor's role was very, very nice.

My biggest grumble is... where the heck is UNIT? They should be crawling all over this stuff...
    Miss Quill, Charlie and co. are managing to keep the situations they encounter contained to Coal Hill Academy just as Torchwood 3 and Sarah Jane Smith and co. did in their neck of the woods. I think that if any future alien incursions were in danger of spilling out beyond what the various teams could handle then UNIT would be called in as a last resort to help deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Miss Quill, Charlie and co. are managing to keep the situations they encounter contained to Coal Hill Academy just as Torchwood 3 and Sarah Jane Smith and co. did in their neck of the woods. I think that if any future alien incursions were in danger of spilling out beyond what the various teams could handle then UNIT would be called in as a last resort to help deal with them.
    Contained, maybe... but given how UNIT now appear to have a knack for picking up on abnormal readings as they're occurring... (The Power of Three)...I find it hard to believe that UNIT haven't descended on the school in either full force or with a couple of operatives performing a recce to check out what was going on... I would have certainly expected some UNIT involvement at the end of episode one... that was a big event!

I also question the wisdom of the Doctor entrusting dealing with the rifts to a bunch of teenagers, talented as they may be... I mean, honestly, even he isn't that dense. All he needs to do is phone UNIT and get them to install one of their more irritating junior officers as the new school caretaker...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, after Episodes 1 and 2 the other 6 episodes will be released on consecutive Saturdays.
    Fair enough, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    I kind of assumed that UNIT is keeping a discreet eye on things.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

The Doctor probably called Kate about it.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    Fair enough, thanks.
    You're welcome.

I kind of assumed that UNIT is keeping a discreet eye on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    The Doctor probably called Kate about it.
    I agree. The Doctor's the string-pulling kind so I think we can assume he talked to Kate, made her aware of it and just told her to keep UNIT at a distance. And as Charlie and Miss Quill are alien nomads like the Zygons perhaps he's helped her include them in the negotiated deal UNIT made with the Zygons?

Or maybe in a future episode we'll find out more and see if UNIT figure into things at Coal Hill School in some capacity. They have been mentioned already...maybe they'll appear at some point as they did in Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures?

Quickfire questions with Patrick Ness - Class: Behind the scenes - BBC Three

I kind of figure UNIT has a list of places the Doctor has been spotted in the past, and is likely to turn up again.

Class: Episode 3 Trailer - BBC Three

Class- Episode 3 - Nightvisiting
    Tuesday, 25 October, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/10...tvisiting.html

The BBC have released a new set of pictures from the third episode of Class, Nightvisiting.

The episode is released on BBC Three next Saturday, after which it will be released around the world. Full Details

Class Episode Three; Nightvisiting

London is infiltrated by an eerie alien with the ability to morph into the shape of lost loved ones.
    Tanya has an unexpected visitor come to her window in the dead of night - and she's not the only one, as Ram and Miss Quill face their own startling visitors.
    Confronted with these emotional encounters, the team must overcome the persuasion of this strange new threat, and battle through the streets to stop Tanya from being lost forever.