Hell Bent (3512 / 912)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell Bent (3512 / 912)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    HELL BENT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3512 (912)
    The Doctor's return to Gallifrey does not go as the President planned, as the Doctor defies all odds and travels to the end of the universe to try and save the life of someone close to him. But what he finds there may be the Hybrid prophesied to bring about the ruin of the Time Lords.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 December 2015, 11:16 PM.

Well, that was unexpected...

Comment

completely mind-f***ed ....
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        completely mind-f***ed ....
        Join the club...

Comment

Perfect. Absolutely perfect...
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

New screwdriver! Just in time for Christmas

Comment

Oh for the love of... really, Moffat? Really? The Doctor gets back to Gallifrey, this should be massive, this is something that should have been the focus of several episodes, but instead we get Clara. Again. She died two episodes ago, it was sad, MOVE ON. She takes over the show even while she's dead!

And now we get not-actually-dead-and-just-a-tiny-bit-immortal Clara with her own TARDIS and companion, and we STILL don't have a definitive answer to the hybrid prophecy, just a lot of theories.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Oh for the love of... really, Moffat? Really? The Doctor gets back to Gallifrey, this should be massive, this is something that should have been the focus of several episodes, but instead we get Clara. Again. She died two episodes ago, it was sad, MOVE ON. She takes over the show even while she's dead!

And now we get not-actually-dead-and-just-a-tiny-bit-immortal Clara with her own TARDIS and companion, and we STILL don't have a definitive answer to the hybrid prophecy, just a lot of theories.
                This.

We get to Gallifrey far too easily. The Time Lords don't behave like Time Lords. The Gallifreyans look like they walked off a western movie set. Bloody Clara is back. She managed to stay dead for two whole episodes. Wow. We don't see Gallifrey again. It's just left. Clara gets a TARDIS & a companion as she is obviously going to be starring in her own series called Clara Who. No conclusion to some long standing questions. I was pretty much disappointed with the whole thing.

The good things. Gallifrey looked fantastic. Love the new sonic.

Best thing of all - the trailer for The Husbands of River Song at the end.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far to say her death was sad.. I'm not sure how I feel about her being immortal and out there in the universe.. On the one hand, it undid an apparently emotional character death (for some people ) so they might feel betrayed by that.. But on the other hand, one thing that has been missing for so long is recurring characters. This opens up the possibility for Me and Clara to appear now and then, without the Doctor having to go back to London to see them, like with Strax and Vastra. But on another hand, it's Clara, not that she's a bad character but she does take over and becomes the centre of attention whenever she's around. And now she's as close to being the Doctor as she can possibly get.

I think this is as close as we're going to get to an answer to the Hybrid question. The Doctor and Clara. A Timelord and the human who desperately wants to be him. And the prophecy only said they would stand on the ruins of Gallifrey. Which by travelling to the end of the universe, they did. It didn't say they would destroy the planet or kill anyone. Only stand on it

Comment

Seeing Gallifrey was great and for a while the episode felt to me like the setup for a truly epic story revolving around the hybrid prophecy and a major clash with Rassilon, especially when the Doctor orders him off the planet.

To me, it swerves off course and crashes the moment the Doctor heads to the extraction chamber... the episode begins to feels like badly written wish-fulfillment fanfiction for Clara.

"OMG she's immortal, she finds her own TARDIS but it's even better than the Doctor's TARDIS and she's got her own companion and they're going to spend forever and ever travelling through space and time having adventures but the Doctor's not sad though, OMG I looove Clara so much."

I don't hate Clara (at first I even really liked her), but I do find her extremely annoying. I am irritated that we're constantly told how wonderful and clever she is but don't often see evidence of this, just an egomaniacal control freak with a superiority complex. I'm annoyed that the character becomes or makes herself the centre of attention wherever she goes and is actually quite selfish. What annoys me the most is how much of the show has revolved around her since her introduction.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      I don't hate Clara (at first I even really liked her), but I do find her extremely annoying. I am irritated that we're constantly told how wonderful and clever she is but don't often see evidence of this, just an egomaniacal control freak with a superiority complex. I'm annoyed that the character becomes or makes herself the centre of attention wherever she goes and is actually quite selfish. What annoys me the most is how much of the show has revolved around her since her introduction.
                      I am starting to feel the same way to. No-one will ever come closer to the Doctor for me then River (I think she is the only one to know his true name?). And possible the Doctor's daugther who hasnt even been featured yet.
                      "You don't know half of it".
                      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I must admit, when the Doctor went to the extraction chamber and pulled Clara back, I did kinda go ffs...

Also, what is it with Time Lords regenerating into women these days, is Moffat trying to make a point?
                        Last edited by Teddybrown; 05 December 2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I can't believe.....why.....what did I just watch? So even when we see Clara DIE, they still bring her back somehow and it becomes another Clara lovefest? I thought the show was supposed to be about the Doctor and his companion(s).....not a companion who upstages the whole show and virtually becomes her own MarySue-ized version of the Doctor.

And to think....after last week I was actually EXCITED about Dr Who again. This show has been a part of my life since, well...forever. And I can't believe I'm saying this...but I think I'm done. Don't know if I'm even going to watch the Christmas episode. As a fan, I just feel so betrayed.

Clara got a great send off, and this just totally cheapened her sacrifice. Moffatt didn't just jump the shark with this one....he totally went Death Star on the shark.

I'm glad I have so many previous Doctors' series to enjoy, since I'm now done until Moffatt leaves. A shame, since I was enjoying Peter Capaldi.

Comment

Clara is gone now. Her contract is up. She's moving to ITV. They left it open for possible appearances in the future. But for now. It's all about the Doctor again.

If everyone stopped watching now, it would be like they all stopped because Clara left. Which is exactly the opposite of the message you want to send to the producers.

Comment

Very true PH. I am going to try to forget her as quickly as possible & move on.

Something else that irked me was that they showed us all the elements of this story in the trailer. So we saw Clara, we saw Ashildr, we saw the Sisterhood of Karn, we saw the Doctor going back to the barn etc. We just didn't know how these elements fitted together. They should have kept a little secret with which to suprise us.

BTW this weekend Big Finish have an offer on their Gallifrey range. I cannot recommend these highly enough. These stories are some of the best audio Big Finish have ever done.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/seri...-of-doctor-who

Edit - I thought I'd mention that the stories have more affinity to the Time Lords and Gallifrey of The Deadly Assassin, The Invasion of Time & The Five Doctors rather than to "New" Who.
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 05 December 2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X