Heaven Sent (3511 / 911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaven Sent (3511 / 911)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    HEAVEN SENT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3511 (911)
    The Doctor finds himself trapped alone inside a castle on a world unlike any he has seen, where he is pursued by his own death and must stay alive long enough to solve the riddle of the Hybrid.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 November 2015, 09:15 PM.

The synopsis spoiled the ending, but what a performance from Capaldi!

Cannot wait for the finale!

Comment

I just... how did... but then... and he... I didn't... wow.

Wow.

That was, quite simply, phenomenal.

It's probably hugely obvious but I'm calling it now:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      the Doctor being the hybrid means the Eighth Doctor wasn't lying when he said he was half human. I mean, how many times has Doctor Who pointed out that we're a warlike, aggressive, belligerent species and that it isn't a good idea to take us on?
      Last edited by Sealurk; 28 November 2015, 12:28 PM.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        I just... how did... but then... and he... I didn't... wow.

Wow.

That was, quite simply, phenomenal.
        That was my reaction.

I need to sit down quietly and think for a bit.

Like Teddy said - absolutely superb performance from Peter Capaldi. And Murray Gold was on top form as well. Steven Moffat is a bloody genius.

So many questions though.... I need to watch it again.

And as for next week.... I can't wait!

Comment

That was as a brilliant episode. From beginning to end.

I have to agree with everything Sealurk.

Spoiler:
          It a shame that we never did see humans being true warriors. It would have been pretty cool if they had done a episode where humans defend themselves without the doctor help.

Comment

Err isn't the hyrid River Song? She is human/Time Lord Maybe she is coming back?
            "You don't know half of it".
            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Cinematic masterpiece.

I mean, seriously. It was enthralling, and tragic, and captivating, and devastating, and horrifying and epic.

It's not my favourite episode of Who ever, of course it isn't - that place gets reserved for episodes like Battlefield or Day of the Doctor, or Remembrance of the Daleks.

But you know what? This is some of my favourite TELEVISION ever...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                Err isn't the hyrid River Song? She is human/Time Lord Maybe she is coming back?
                River is pure human, she just as a little Timey Wimey in her. As the Doctor said, the Hybrid was meant to be part Dalek part Timelord, but the implication he makes at the end is that the Hybrid is an impossible myth and he is as close as they can get.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                  She certainly is a hybrid, a human with Time Lord attributes, but she is one of many on Doctor Who.

I'm curious as to what the Doctor said.

Did he say "The Hybrid destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins is me."

Or did he say "The Hybrid destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins is Me."

Actually I don't think it's either. I think it's somebody else entirely.

Comment

Ooh, hadn't considered that angle Blen! Then again, to me the idea that Ashildr is the hybrid has classic Steven Moffat red herring written all over it. We all know how he likes to make us overthink things and then reveal a plot twist that isn't a twist at all.

But then maybe he knows that we know, and this time it will in fact be the twist... a person could go insane thinking about this. I'm just going to sit back and wait for Hell Bent.

It's going to be a very, very long week.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Coming into this episode, I 100% expected him to end up back on Skaro, facing down a plot laid out by Missy and Davros.

Needless to say, I was absolutely blindsided by that ending. Holy s--t
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

OMG...

So the Timelords created a legend that they fear the Doctor? Huh?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

OK I can't edit my post so I have reprocessed some of my thoughts..

Well that was mostly good.

The best bit was the last 2 minutes. "I am the hybrid." Hey I'm excited.

I can't but hardly wait till next week and how they either conclude this or hit us with a reset button. I just hope this isn't all just whitewashed away so they can have the zany christmas adventure with no lasting memories..

I like Ashildr but feel she has to pay for what she's done. But her character is quite awsome and I do like her.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I need to get something straightened out in my head so if you will bear with me...
                            • Somebody goes to Ashildr/Me and asks her to help them set a trap for the Doctor.
                            • She creates the mystery of Rigsy's death sentence in order to lure the Doctor to the Trap Street and to obtain the Confession Dial.

ASHILDR: I made a deal to protect the street. They take you, I take the key so you can't be traced. I do as they tell me, and the street is safe.
                              DOCTOR: They? Who are they?
                              ASHILDR: One more thing. Your confession dial. They have other means of procuring it, but I understand it's likely to be on your person. Please, no resistance. You've already lost.
                            • The Doctor takes the bait.
                            • Clara takes the death sentence from Rigsy.
                            • If she hadn't taken it then Rigsy would have been reprieved, but as Clara had taken it and broken the contract there was nothing Ashildr could do & Clara dies. This was not an intentional part of the plan.

ASHILDR: I had no idea she'd do something so stupid. I swear, I never meant for anyone to get hurt. Look, what were you thinking? Sacrificing yourself?

ASHILDR: Clara, I made a contract with the Shade when I put the chronolock on Rigsy. I promised it a soul and only I can break that contract. When you took it from him, you changed the terms. You cut me out of the deal.
                            • The Doctor open the stasis chamber control in order to help the Janus lady & gets a teleport bracelet wrapped around his arm, which was the whole purpose of the plan.
                            • The Doctor is teleported inside the confession dial (apparently) where he faces his own personal hell, and is tormented for 2 billion years over and over, repeatedly dying & coming back to life.
                            • Somebody, presumably the same person who wanted to trap the Doctor, wants the Doctor to confess the mystery of the hybrid and (perhaps) the real reason he left Gallifrey.
                            • During he course of his challenge, the Doctor sees a crystal wall with the word HOME written on it.
                            • After 2 billion years the Doctor finally breaks though the crystal wall and finds Gallifrey. [I think he might have shaved a few thousand years off the time if he had used the spade instead of his fist - Blen].

So who is behind all of this? And why send him to Gallifrey at the end of it? Who wants him to confess about the hybrid?

It must be somebody powerful but somebody not as powerful as the Time Lords. Somebody who hates the Doctor enough to put him through 2 billion years of repeated torment. Somebody with an axe to grind. Somebody who wants revenge for something?

It can't be Ashildr as she says she is working for somebody else. Unless she's lying, but why would she lie? I don't think it can be the Time Lords. This isn't their style at all. They don't need a third party to trap the Doctor. They can just transmat or time scoop him away. Why would they need him trapped and punished for 2 billion years in his own personal hell? They could just send him to Shada or similar. Also he saved them. Why punish him for that? They already know the legend of the hybrid so they don't need the Doctor to confess it. Or they could just use the Mind Probe. The Master? But again, why?

So who is it? Who is behind all of this? Next week can't come soon enough.
                            Last edited by Blencathra; 29 November 2015, 01:50 AM.

Comment

His exact words after escaping and talking to that boy were:

"Go to the city. Find somebody important. Tell them I'm back. Tell them I know what they did, and I'm on my way. And if they ask you who I am; tell them I took the long way round."

He then turns back to the confession wheel and adds:

"You can probably still hear me. So just between ourselves, you got the the prophecy wrong. The hybrid is not half Dalek. Nothing is half Dalek, the Daleks would never allow that. The Hybrid, destined to conquer Galifrey and stand in its ruins... is me."

So from the sounds of that he seems to be blaming the Timelords for something but it doesn't necessarily mean that he blames them for the confession wheel. That being said, if this is one of those secrets that only the Doctor knows and made sure no one else would know them, it is possible that he needed to admit to being the Hybrid in order to become the Hybrid if you see what I mean...

However that being said, I am kinda hoping that Susan is still something to do with this.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X