Face the Raven (3510 / 910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face the Raven (3510 / 910)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    FACE THE RAVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3510 (910)
    Rigsy helps Clara and the Doctor locate a hidden safe haven for aliens inside the streets of London, where Clara puts her life on the line when she learns that her friend has been sentenced to death.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 November 2015, 11:56 PM.

Thats all I can really say atm...

Comment

"You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

That was a bloody good episode. Best this series IMO.

Going to watch it again.

Comment

That's what happens when you play at being The Doctor. It backfires in the most ridiculous way. It had to happen sooner or later.

But to die in Diagon Alley of all places..

I know it's supposed to be sad, it was all drawn out and dramatic.. But.. What was she thinking?

Comment

All I can say is it was terrible and PERFECT!!!

Spoiler:
            terrible because there were moments were i was like "Clara cannot not die" and PERFECT because there were moments where Clara cannot die but seemingly did.

this was much better than the series opener, where it felt Clara COULD die, during this episode i was like "NO CLARA CAN NOT DIE, THIS IS NOT HER TIME!!!" and if that proves to be her last (chronological) appearance I would be happy.

I was begging Rigsby not to let her sacrifice herself (even though in general i would have personally changed a few lines of dialogue.)

of course (potential spoilers for un-aired episodes
            Spoiler:
            if the rumours i have read are correct, then Clara is appearing near Lake Scilenco so suspect Clara is not really dead (or we will be introduced as another time echo), but if she was REALLY DEAD .... WELL PLAYED MOFFAT because it horrible and incomplete ... AND PERFECT because when Clara dies there was only on way to kill Clara and that was with a painful death that should hurt.
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Well, the trailers all week, and the BBC Voiceover Guy before the episode spoiled it, so..

The opening episodes stuck in the Dalek casing it seemed like she could die (^ no need to use spoiler tags for that bit) and I was concerned knowing that she was leaving. But tonight.. not so much.

Comment

Capaldi even revealed it as her last proper episode on The Graham Norton Show last night, so I knew this was her last proper episode.

I did think as soon as she took the tattoo she was done for, but it played on the back of my mind there might be some massive twist for her not to die

It was said this would tie into the finale, but I didnt realise how much it would... (even though I kinda know whats coming up from the last 2 episode teasers...)

Comment

Loved this episode.

So glad to see the back of Clara! She got exactly what she deserved!

Some truely wonderful Doctor moments though, and the Street was executed perfectly! Enjoyed this episode considerably!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Loved this episode.

So glad to see the back of Clara! She got exactly what she deserved!

Some truely wonderful Doctor moments though, and the Street was executed perfectly! Enjoyed this episode considerably!
                    OI! Clara was awesome!

Ok fair enough I get people have differing opinions on Clara. Personally I love her, but can we spare a thought for the Doctor here? I mean arguably, Clara is actually one of his most important companions, especially with knowing so much about his past. Possibly more than any Companion before except maybe Romana and Susan. And then on top of that the fact that she is literally dead. Not just lost or left, but stone cold dead as a door nail... The Doctor will not get over this any time soon.

That being said I think we'll see Clara again some day. The awesome thing about Clara is that her essence was woven throughout the Doctor's timeline so there's no reason why some version of her such as Oswin or similar won't turn up at some point in the future.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This was way better then last week's episode.

Oh my Questions:

1. Who did Ashildr make a deal for to get the Doctor?
                      2. You can pass the death on but not escape it, so does that mean Rigsy will die?
                      3. Why is this confession dial such a big deal?

I wonder who the alien is?

Preview shows that the Doctor might know who it is...

Interesting.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        This was way better then last week's episode.

Oh my Questions:

1. Who did Ashildr make a deal for to get the Doctor?
                        2. You can pass the death on but not escape it, so does that mean Rigsy will die?
                        3. Why is this confession dial such a big deal?

I wonder who the alien is?

Preview shows that the Doctor might know who it is...

Interesting.
                        2. It was all about the wording. "You can pass it on, but you cannot Cheat it all together" Passing it on, was already cheating. It makes sense, since thats the only way this thing would be a threat. Otherwise just pass it to someone nobody wants to die and voila.

There is one thing I dont get and am certain has a purpose. Anyone notice how first the black guy with the glasses was hoping for the old man not to run away from his love and then the Doctor saying the same thing to Clara. It felt odd, as if the solution or some other meaning was in there somewhere.

Clara will surely come back. She is part of his timeline now, so eventhough she is dead. She will still show up to save him and he will try to do vice versa which will make his condition worse.

Talking about his condition. Is it just me, or is our Doctor spiraling toward being a bad man? Ever since Capaldi took over, the Doctor seemed less worried about lost lives. The only thing that kept him caring was Clara. I somehow get the feeling it will take him some time to find a new companion and in the course of that, make some very questionable choices.
                        Last edited by tomstone; 21 November 2015, 11:08 PM.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          2. It was all about the wording. "You can pass it on, but you cannot Cheat it all together" Passing it on, was already cheating. It makes sense, since thats the only way this thing would be a threat. Otherwise just pass it to someone nobody wants to die and voila.

Clara will surely come back. She is part of his timeline now, so eventhough she is dead. She will still show up to save him and he will try to do vice versa which will make his condition worse.

Talking about his condition. Is it just me, or is our Doctor spiraling toward being a bad man? Ever since Capaldi took over, the Doctor seemed less worried about lost lives. The only thing that kept him caring was Clara. I somehow get the feeling it will take him some time to find a new companion and in the course of that, make some very questionable choices.

A darker Doctor. This is actually great. I want more of that. We should have had 10 do more of The Timelord Victorious...
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

IF she is resurrected... I'll be a pissed off fan, and I will bring down the wrath of the Ogri themselves upon Moffat...

When Clara took the mark, my 8 year old said - Oh no, I don't want Clara to die... And of course I knew what he didn't - she's left the show... Time, is up... And yet - watching the Doctor do all but nothing... I hated that aspect - him watching, not doing... I expected maybe he'd grab her out the way of the raven and pop Clara in the suspended animation machine...? But no...

Then, I expected him to walk back in carrying her body, place it lovingly somewhere.... then be teleported by

(really - stay spoiler free if you can..... don't click it...)

Spoiler:
                            the Time Lords...

But he just - what - left her in the street...

I've wanted a companion to die since Army/Doomsday...... but.... this reality isn't fitting my reality.

IF Clara returns this season... it better be another splinter. But I'm not sure if she will... (and - I hope not... It'll just cheapen this... whatever this is.)

Oh - btw - Loved the ep. lol
                            Last edited by GateWorld; 26 November 2015, 11:59 PM. Reason: Could be perceived as a death threat against Moffat
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Capaldi even revealed it as her last proper episode on The Graham Norton Show last night, so I knew this was her last proper episode.

I did think as soon as she took the tattoo she was done for, but it played on the back of my mind there might be some massive twist for her not to die

It was said this would tie into the finale, but I didnt realise how much it would... (even though I kinda know whats coming up from the last 2 episode teasers...)
                              The BBC have been a little too eager to share the details of Clara's demise, I'm not convinced as yet that this was what it appeared to be, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X